4legs Dog Food

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Piximatosis

My parents' exceedingly fussy Miniature Schnauzer adores it, and it's one of the few foods that doesn't make her skin do funny things.

Brody likes it too.

Also, my pet rats and mice do very well on it ;)

I bought a packet of it and am going to give it to Riley tonight.

I make most of Rileys dinners myself, but thought if this 4 legs stuff was any good Id keep a packet in the fridge. I thought it would be really handy to use on those days when Im out of other food, or in a big rush.

check the thread that lillysmum put up about her dog Molly choking - she was eating 4legs dog food and a few other people commented that their dogs ahve choked on it as well :D

Just went and looked.

I doubt the food will touch the sides in Riley's mouth ;)

The size of the "balls" aren't that big...but I guess they are for smaller dogs.

Edited to add - I noticed that it was mentioned in that thread that the food was a bit dry. I'll have a look when I open the packet, but maybe mixing a egg with it could help solve that problem if people are worried ?

Edited by wagsalot

Personally I'd not be any more worried about the dogs chocking on this food than any other food.

I'm sure Molly's misadventure was not what anyone needs but in all probability it would not have mattered what she was eating at the time it could have been dry food or a chicken neck and created the same problem.

Glad she is OK though

Edited by curlyking

Cibo & whichever foster I have at the time share a packet once a month (sometimes twice) for dinner - how many dinners it lasts depends on size of foster dog though!! Mostly 2 dinners a month. Never had a dog that didn't like it and ingredients seem OK compared to the other choices in a supermarket fridge IMO :laugh:

Been feeding Sinna on it for the past 1 and half months ,

along with dry, chick wings, necks. yogurt ,sardines and some fruit and veg .

Lately I just Haven't felt up to doing the ' complete ' BARF diet .

have fed my guys on it on the occasion i forgot to get meat out of freezer or run out etc, i think its fine, dogs loveee it.. i have a swf and she is tiny,, she has had no problems with it either..,, i so usually give them egg or sardines with it too

Onslow and Tilly like it too, i have it in the fridge as a back up for when Mummy's home cooked stew has not dethawed or mummy has been too lazy too shop and cook.

But a packet lasts 3 nights around here with their Eaglepack as well of course. The only thing is it does make their biscuits dry which they don't like so i have to put a bit of yoghurt in as well.

I'm always around them when they eat but thanks for the information about the choking, mine are big dogs but if mum's cavaliers come visit and have some I will be extra cautious.