Puppy Palace

Kahn

We built the Puppy Palace to fix the problem. It rained about two weeks ago in Brisbane for a full day (doesnt happen often) and it was the first good rain since we have had our pups. Although the pups sleep inside at night they are outside with just a kennel and a few shady trees for shelter during the day. The kennel had about 1 inch of water in it, and the blanket was sopping when we came home from work that night and our little 4 mnth old BCs Layla and Diego were drenched. So we needed to build something quick.

OH preparing the frame....

Layla_and_Diego_x4mths%20005.jpg

Painting ....

Layla_and_Diego_x4mths%20009.jpg

With the roof on....

Layla_and_Diego_x4mths%20014.jpg

Introducing Layla...

Layla_and_Diego_x4mths%20020.jpg

She loves it...

Layla_and_Diego_x4mths%20022.jpg

It has a hinged lid to make it easier to clean...

Layla_and_Diego_x4mths%20026.jpg

What should we call it? Cant call it puppy palace as they wont be puppies forever. Thinking The Chateau or Collie Castle...hmmm.

deadly :cry: now who loves it Layla or Daddy :)

Yeah I told Daddy to make sure when he built it, it was long enough for him to fit inside it - in case he gets sent to the dogbox :cry:

That looks awesome!!!

Love the plants outside the front door! My two labs would eat them right up!!!

Funny after reading your post I went outside to check and sure enough one of the pots was missing - I found Layla and Diego behind their new house munching away :) I had to take the plants away. Pity.

Funny after reading your post I went outside to check and sure enough one of the pots was missing - I found Layla and Diego behind their new house munching away :cry: I had to take the plants away. Pity.

That is a shame as they looked great!

We used to have plants in the garden - not any more though. Good job OH and I aren't garden people!!! :cry:

Did your OH design that kennel himself?

thasta awesome, we're building one like... this week probably, wondering how we would make it though. mind if i steal your idea?

Of course - its a pretty simple design - although we do need some rain to test how waterproof it is - make sure you post some pics though :cry:

lol that looks great! wish my OH was handy :cry:

Funny because he is actually a computer geek by profession - but he is really starting to enjoy the handyman stuff

We need to do something like this. Our dog is in a similar situation(has a kennel which has a shade frame over it but not much other shelter when it is raining). I'm home most of the time and when we had a few cold rainy days recently I had Sam inside with me all day. Of course we had to do regular toilet walks. If I ever did get a job (part-time only) we would definitely need to provide better shelter for Sam.