Farewell Darling Pippa

Her Majesty Dogmad

Last night, I held sweet little Pippa in my arms at the vets, her kidneys finally gave out.

I adopted her 16 months ago from Sutherland Pound where she'd languished for months. No-one wanted the little old dog who'd been found with little hair on the street, obviously very neglected. I'd directed a few enquirers towards her but they didn't want such an old dog either. When I found out she was only 2 kilos, aided by my dear friend Toots, I decided to adopt her. My vet said her whole mouth was ulcerated and she needed emergency surgery on her rotten old teeth, during that process it was found that she had kidney problems.

She was put on a special diet and I also took her to the natural vet where she was prescribed Chinese herbs for her kidneys and oil for her poor coat. My vet warned me I may not have her for long but 16 months was pretty good. She was thought to be anywhere between 13-16 years of age.

For the last 16 months, Pippa loved her life with her assorted brothers and sisters. She frequently cuddled up to my wonderful Gloria who weighed about 17 kilos more than her. She ran across the park with a spring in her step that you'd expect of a much younger dog. She ate her boring kidney food each night with enthusiasm, until the last week. She loved raw carrot especially and used to walk 40 mins with the others with no problem. Recently she slowed down on that and had to be carried a bit more often. She was the sweetest little munchkin, a really wonderful companion.

Pippy-pants, I will always miss your sweet little face. Give Gloria and the Wonderdog a kiss from mum.

post-4751-1187312190_thumb.jpg

Edited by dogmad

sorry. your a grea person to give her such a wonderful life. A life that she could take in her memory. good on you and enjoy what you have done. You must be proud. :rofl:

What an absolute sweetheart you are dogmad! May all the worlds good Karma come your way. How lucky she was to be loved for the last part of her life. Enjoy good health at rainbow bridge Pippy Pants,and hugs to you dogmad***