Nutro

Daxhound - I'm sure that place used to be pet cafe in Bundy would have plenty of Royal Canin if you choose to take this route! Takalvan St towards Sugarland.

I have ALWAYS received my products from NaturalPetFoodsAustralia in a timely manner, as have others on this board. No need to badmouth!

-WithEverythingIAm

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what part am i bad mouthing? All i said is that i havent yet got my samples? Is that bad Thing? Sorry if so..

Yes i know where pet cafe is in bundy.. but i buy mine online

Thanx for the replys but i didnt know royal canin had a mini light so im taking that road.. as for thyroid's, poodle fan, i will go get her checked out

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'd just like to say I am feeding my puppy Nutro: Puppy - I know its not the light but its great! He is a very healthy pup and Its much better than the other companies I have tried, but I guess it varies from dog to dog. Anyway good luck on whichever choice you make!

Mak

my lot are on Nutro and just luv the stuff,coats are glowing :laugh: in fact its been the only thing thats stopped one of my gsd from scratching and she no longer smells yeasty

One of my girls used to be a very finicky eater and under weight,i'm now going to cut her back as noticed she's put on a bit of weight,nothing left in bowls at all anymore

A couple of weeks ago I very stupidly bought a 15kg bag of Nutro puppy for my BC puppy (who would eat anything I gave her) & she wouldnt touch it :mad . No problem, I thought, I'll give it to Jarrah cos he is a garbage disposal unit, he'll eat anything, he wouldnt touch it either & neither would Jonty :) :) :idea: .

It's now been palmed off onto Ebony the GSD, at least she is eating it mixed with her other food :cry: .

All of min eat Nutro of one variety or another. We have never had a problem with the food or delivery. In fact for the last couple of days, Shadow one of our 11 week old pups, will only eat his puppy and won't touch his meat or chicken necks.

Wow you must have a strange dog to choose to eat (any) dry food over fresh meat or chicken necks :thumbsup: .

The bag of Nutro I bought smelt horrible, that was the first thing I thought when I opened the bag, it smelt plasticy or something, anyway as I said none of my normally gutsy dogs would have anything to do with it, so it's been passed along. Jonty tried it as a pup (the standard Lamb & Rice one I think) & wouldnt eat it then either, but he has become alot less fussy as he's got older, but even he wouldnt touch it. Luckily Ebony is eating it (as I said, mixed with her normal Optimum) otherwise it would have ended up a very expensive exercise. I wont be trying it again.

Mrs D, you shoul dhave returned it.

I had that with my 3rd bag, none of them would eat it nad it smelt. THey had an issue with a batch adn it being put in the bags hot apparently.

I got mine rplaced no probs and have had none since nad that was at the beginning of the year.

MrsD

Nutro did have a problem with Lamb and Rice earlier this year due to restrictions placed on them by AQIS whereby the product had to be irradiated (the process is similar to microwaving). Some bags contents had an overcooked smell, despite being safe to feed.

Had you not fed the Lamb and Rice to your GSD you could have returned it to your supplier for a full refund, or a replacement bag. :mad

MrsD

Nutro did have a problem with Lamb and Rice earlier this year due to restrictions placed on them by AQIS whereby the product had to be irradiated (the process is similar to microwaving). Some bags contents had an overcooked smell, despite being safe to feed.

Had you not fed the Lamb and Rice to your GSD you could have returned it to your supplier for a full refund, or a replacement bag. ;)

Hesa & Kristie, this was the Nutro puppy, is that the same one that you're talking about? (round rings with hole in the middle)

Ebony's still eating it :scared: I only bought it a couple of weeks back, but taking it back was my next alternative, only problem was that the bag was ripped! Im just glad that she's eating it, it worked out alot easier. But I was really surprised when none of the others would touch it :scared: .

Sorry I forgot about this thread .....

My local supplier has only recently started to stock Nutro, which is why I thought I would try it for Whisper.

Hesa, to be honest I think that the bag may have got ripped on the way home, as I picked it up off the shelf in the store & didnt notice any rips in it then. It was right in the middle at the side (where the bag "bends" if you pick it up flat if that makes sense) & was both the outside & the plastic inside, so Im guessing it got ripped either when they put it in the car or when it got brought upstairs. I wasn't worried about the bag being ripped as such, only the fact that because it was ripped the food all got tipped into a large bin & mixed with Ebony's other food when it was taken out to the shed (cos otherwise the rats would have got to it).

EFS

Edited by MrsD

MrsD, sounds as if it was the way the bag was handled. A shame that you emptied it and mixed it with other food and a shame that you didnt make further enquiries with those in the know about the smell. :thumbsup:

lynlovesdogs, Nutro is NOT Nutrience, Nutro is Nutro Natural Choice.

Edited by Hesapandabear

Sorry I've not read all this thread, but have read previous ones about this weight problem.

Has she had a blood test to exclude hypothyroidism?

If she's not losing the weight, cut back portions further even if it only seems as if you're feeding a very small amount. It's deceptive with smaller dogs, too.

Nutro isn't Nutrience. Different foods and companies.

Edited by Poodle wrangler