Did You Buy Your Photoshop?

Purple Julie

Did you buy your photoshop?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Did you buy your copy of Photoshop?

• Yes
    • I was given it as a gift/Came with my camera
    • No, I copied someone else's original copy
    • I bought a different brand of a photoshop type program
    • I was given a different brand of photoshop program as a gift
    • I copied someone else's other brand of photoshop
    • I only have a free photo editing software/one that came with my camera
    • I don't need to edit photos
    • I stole my copy of Photoshop
    • All of the above :)

I hear a lot about people using photoshop here. Now I was wondering how come so many people have it and I don't! (I can't afford it, that's probably why!)

I was wondering how everyone obtained their copy of photoshop, so here's my poll so that people can remain anonymous if they didn't obtain it legally by buying it.

Went a bit overboard on the choices!

• 2 weeks later...

Now that i use it for a job i own it, but for many years i 'tested it for free :rofl:' Owning it is great though for auto updates bug fixes etc. But boy is it expensive!

There was a time when computers were the expensive part of graphic design but now they are the cheap bit!

If you must buy it though yet cant justify the cost. Pshop Elements is quite a bit cheaper and has a lot of the tools that an amateur photographer will require. and if you are serious do a course and you will be eligible for a student edition. this makes it cheap too.

• 4 months later...

How do you "Test it for Free' won't it run out?? Or just not be very good??? I have another program that I use that came with the scanner but it is nowhere as good I'm sure. I did gert a copy of it from an Op Shop for 50 cents but it is for MAC I almost cried. I got Illustrator as well for 50 cents but I don't think I understand it. LOL

The graphics artist and former photographer at the comapny husband used to work for gave him a copy to give to me.

I just wish I knew how to use it properly, I only know the very basics . Er, I can do a vignette now with confidence. :).

I also found a great way to simulate Velvia 50 slide film on digital shots by using the channel control. Dead easy.

Bought the CS2 upgrade and that was a nightmare having to track down the correct number from the previous version. Hopefully next upgrade they ask for the number on CS2 CD not the earlier one as no idea where I put that number (the earlier one)

Getting illegitimate versions of full version software via a web page is always a huge risk. You're far better off using torrents, and downloading ISO copies of the CD....

The free alternative is The Gimp (not as nasty as it sounds, it stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program), which is fantastic. Used to be for Linux only, but now works on Windows too - http://www.gimp.org/windows/

Have used Photoshop in the past when it was given to me, but lost it with a computer crash.

Have used Photofiltre ever since - the free version is excellent and has most of the same tools. Have never needed to upgrade to the paid version - the free one is very comprehensive. Just download from the official Photofiltre site.