Help - What Breed Do You Think She Is (new Photo)

chloebear

post-20948-1195607406_thumb.jpg post-20948-1195607422_thumb.jpg post-20948-1195607443_thumb.jpg

Current Photo's

Taken approx 2 Months ago

post-20948-1195594992_thumb.jpg

When I got her I was told that she was a rotti X mastif. Two vets advised that she is a red cattle....I can see some Ridgebach but the markings on her chest are red speckles plus red speckles on her back feet......(can't really see in the photo's).

What do you think she is?

Edited by chloebear

First thought that jumps to mind is Ridgy X

I don't see Cattle Dog in her (doesn't mean that there isn't, of course!)

I don't see Rotty in her either, but I've seen photos from other people who apparently have RottyXMastiffs, that look similar to your photo, and I couldn't see the Rotty in any of them either :rofl:

well, i would look at the colour, which is ridgeback, then i would look at photos of pedigree Rottis and see if there is a resemblance in the ears or head shape. with our rescue, got told pure kelpie, definately not pure kelpie seeing pictures of show kelpies. looked at the eyes and shape of ears and head and we came up with GSP x Kelpie, body shape as well. in the chest of your dog, i can see Rotti, has she got a ridge on her back at all? would need side views to get a better idea. usually when i name rescues, (found a few wandering) ring up the registry and they ask what sort of dog, usually i will say the cross and i am usually 100% right. :rofl:

well, i would look at the colour, which is ridgeback, then i would look at photos of pedigree Rottis and see if there is a resemblance in the ears or head shape. with our rescue, got told pure kelpie, definately not pure kelpie seeing pictures of show kelpies. looked at the eyes and shape of ears and head and we came up with GSP x Kelpie, body shape as well. in the chest of your dog, i can see Rotti, has she got a ridge on her back at all? would need side views to get a better idea. usually when i name rescues, (found a few wandering) ring up the registry and they ask what sort of dog, usually i will say the cross and i am usually 100% right. :rofl:

My first vet said to me that she wished she could list her as a pure breed brown dog.

Definitely no Mastiff in there. Mastiffs are enormous!! bigger than Saint Bernards, Newfies etc.

Rotti x's often get the black M mask such as your dog. So perhaps Rotti X Ridgey. Either way she is extremely pretty!!

I saw Ridgy in the first photo ..... and with the up-dated photo's, I still see Ridgy. Trying to pick the actual 'cross' is difficult. I don't detect ACD - are the Vets only using the mottling in his white patches to go by for that guess? Is that where they get the idea of ACD from? If so, I doubt that would be a reliable predicter.

I can't see any mastiff in there, unless there was a bullmastiff x somewhere in the parents, which is quite likley as there are ALOT of bullmastiff x ridgeback x rotti dogs out there. How old is she and how tall is she?