" Take The Guess-work Out Tour " Victoria

Erny

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were good on Fri night cos we had a Springy telling us off!

That's right. I got made to sit at the front :)

Thats cos you girls were naughty :(:)

I can't believe they let the riff raff in.

Shooey was allowed to come, because my name tag said '3 days and a dog'

:D :)

Now I better leave this SERIOUS thread or I'll be in trouble :)

He is so cute Jaybeece, such a sweet face :)

Aw thanks :D It was nice to meet a few DOL people, even though I'm a bit shy and didn't talk much. The dogs were really adorable (despite the snoring :( ).

Also forgot to say thanks to Steve and Judi for doing such a great job :)

Ok, who else is buggered?

+1 on that...

Me too! All that learning is tiring, not to mention my dog passed out on her bed! :thumbsup:

What an awesome 3 days. Both Judi and Steve are so full of knowledge and excellent presenters. I learnt so much about not only my dogs, but about myself as a owner/trainer.

We are very lucky to have Judi down here as a trainer and mentor, and you New South Wales people are also extremely lucky to have Steve. I would recommend anyone to either of these great people.

Now I am off to decipher the 30 odd A4 pages of notes I managed to take.

I have to agree. Although my head is spinning, I learnt a lot, and not only about how different techniques work, but how a dog's mind works so that I can try and understand my girl a bit better, and figure out why she reacts the way she does in certain situations. It was fantastic!

And it was great meeting everyone else too. And the staffie noises were fantastic! :laugh:

I have a very tired brown dog passed out on the couch now, even though he napped his way through most of the day. I think he wore himself out barking at other dogs :thumbsup:

Might have something to do with the impressive session he did with Steve and you with the funny little jumpy dog.

:laugh:

That was good work from you and your boy.

Might have something to do with the impressive session he did with Steve and you with the funny little jumpy dog.

:thumbsup:

That was good work from you and your boy.

Hehe thanks :laugh: It was funny how the bugger just couldn't stop wagging his tail when Steve took him, just goes to show how well he responds to a strong, confident handler. I hope I can get the same out of him some day.

Oh god, I am soooo tired!!!! So glad I took today off work as well!! I am wrecked!

What a fantastic weekend. As Shoey said Steve, sorry about the giggles from up the back. Here I was freaking about the noise Roxy might make in the crate, and Ed was the one making such a racket..... shame his was from snoring though!!! It was sooo funny!!!

Hi guys..

well what a week end was quite full on and tiring but full of good info :thumbsup:

just like to say a big thank you to Steve and Judi for a wonderful weekend jammed pack of great info and some good stories too :laugh:

Also was good to meet some more Dolers, and your beautiful dogs :D i didnt get around to everyone but was great to meet you all :rock:

I am so buggered today, i have to work today :) try entertaining day care dogs when your this tired is not easy :rofl:

Edited by wagalot

Wags, just start doing drive training with them! hehe

hehe.... might just have to do that :D put all that info to good use you reckon :thumbsup:

the dogs i have today differently have plenty of drive :laugh::rock:

Went well thanks Shoey. They all turned up in the rain and had been working hard. A couple of the labs could certainly do with some of the drive training, so I was a tad frustrated. lol.

Glad you guys enjoyed the weekend and found it to be informative - of course, that's the whole idea and both Steve and I would have been very disappointed if this had not been the case.

I'd like to say too that I was impressed with the group who came on each day and I enjoyed seeing so many people take an interest in learning more about their dogs. The questions asked were great questions too and showed that you guys were really taking in the info being presented. :laugh:

So thanks from Steve and myself for being such a terrific bunch of people :thumbsup:.

It was also good to see a great mix of dog breeds there - from the dingo through to Staffies; Bully breed, GSD's, Toller, BC, Rotties, Husky .... right through to Gordon Setter and Saluki. And I managed a quiet smile and a laugh at some of the dog antics. They were all handled well and kept calm, quiet and well behaved during 'talk' time .... and this is IMO a credit to their owners. There was a great sense of "responsible dog ownership and handling" from the group - it's a credit to you all. :o

Well done, and thank you for the nice words. But moreover, pleased that you have been able to take something from the event to help you advance and enhance your dog's training :(.

:)

Edited by Erny

Thanks Erny and Steve for a weekend full of great info. :D I love listening to someone explaining dog behaviours and how to go about correcting the ones that are a problem. It will take me a while to file everything in my head, I've got bits and pieces popping up in my mind all of the time. :laugh:

And of course it's always good to meet DOL people and their beautiful dogs. :D

It only took me 2 hours to get home which was great compared to nearly 4 hours to get there through traffic on Friday but I was buggered and it wasn't easy getting up and moving this morning.

I'll post a few photos in the photo thread soon. They're not too good because of the lighting (I can only use auto).

Erny I've changed my user name for a little while so that you know who I am. :wink: