My Girl Jessie 15/05/93 - 17/01/08

greysandwhippets

Tonight I got a call at work that Jessie was bleeding from the rear end so I came home early. When I saw her it was not good. We took her to the vets and they did an ultrasound on her and found tumours in her bladder as that is where the bleeding was coming from. It was decided due to her age 13 (of her not surviving the surgery and the tumour to put her down. She is my very first dog that we got a couple. It does not get any easier as we have had to put down two other dogs four years ago. I truely hope that we made the right decision.

Edited by greysandwhippets

Sorry to hear of your girl Jessie, be assured that you did the right thing by her, the quality of life would not have been so good.

Remember the good days, the memories are so special.

Fly with the angels Jessie and go to a place where you will be young and healthy again.

Thank you all for your reply. I know in my heart it was the right thing to do but not an easy thing to do. She was ok when I left to go to work so it came as a shock. I have been thinking was there something that I missed or something that I could have done to prevent it from getting to that point. I have been told by the vet if she was eating alright, moving ok and going to the toilet ok then there was no warning signs.