oonga

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you Jodie :(

Jaida has not woken up any better today, she is ready to go. I however am not ready, although I don't think I would ever be ready.

Jaida will be given her wings at 1pm today :(

Big hugs Shek, I am so sorry.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts.

Jaida went very peacefully, it really is like they're just falling asleep. The last thing she did was give me a kiss as if to say it was all OK and she was just fine, and then she went to sleep.

RIP Jaida, my sweet and beautiful girl :(

Crring now and I never knew Jaida. Rest easy Shekhina, you made the ultimate sacrifice allowing her to go with dignity and grace. I am sure she will be happy and patient waiting for you.

this is a poem that was a part of my mothers funeral service that always summed my feelings of the death of a loved one up for me at least.

We still love her

We still care

We still whisper her name in our prayers

She is not gone

Or part of the past

she is still with us

As long as we last

those we love still walk beside us every day

Shekhina, I am so sorry to hear that Jaida is gone. :p But I am so very glad that it was a good passing and that your last memory of her is her giving you a kiss. She was telling you how much she loved you. :D We will be thinking of you all. :rainbowbridge:

Oh Shek :p

Another beautiful DOL dog taken way too soon. I read the last couple of pages with tears rolling and hoping that there would be a post which said she had bounced back but it was not to be.

:rainbowbridge: Jaida

And big hugs to you Shek.

:p :love: Shek, I'm so sorry

Although distance has kept me from meeting you, hugging you,

Jaida, you will always have a special place In my heart, forever smiling, forever well

Till that day Sweetie, Run Free :rainbowbridge:

Shek, Thank you for making Jaida happy and giving her the best home that she so deserved :p :D

Forever Beautiful and Always Special, Jaida.

Shek, the last and most important thing you could do for Jaida - and the one which shows your love for her. One we will all have to face, and I hope I face it with as much humanity and courage as you have demonstrated.

She knows, and is happy.

Go joyfully over the bridge, small doggy spirit.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts.

Jaida went very peacefully, it really is like they're just falling asleep. The last thing she did was give me a kiss as if to say it was all OK and she was just fine, and then she went to sleep.

RIP Jaida, my sweet and beautiful girl :)

Sending lots of hugs :laugh::laugh::scold:

RIP Sweet Jaida :)

Shek sorry for your loss

My deepest Condolencs to you :love:

I admire you for your caring and strength

thank you for giving a home full of TLC to Jaida .

hugs to you :p

R.I.P. Jaida

Rainbow Bridge has another beautiful Rottweiler Angel.

:rofl:

post-2136-1206058225_thumb.jpg

Thanks for asking Kiash, now I can pass on the news. I didn't post about Sophie because I thought it might be disrespectful to Shek and Jaida in the midst of the condolences.

Sophie did quite well. Well enough that the oncolgist decided there was no urgency for the ultrasound and there's no change in her medication. Her FBE was fine and a specimen has been sent for detailed analysis of her liver which seems to have improved on the natural meds she's had for 3 weeks. The results of her liver test will be available next week so we'll go from there. If it's not looking good we'll reschedule the ultrasound. I had a lump on her rib aspirated. It was just a lipoma. Until the liver test results are in I would say all is well.

The tumour in her mouth is still growing which concerns me a lot. She feels well, has a good appetite, playful, but she has less energy. She's also putting on weight on the cancer starving diet. She has no carbs, grains or sugars, only fatty meat and protein, all her food is organic. Cancer can't utilise fat it needs carbs to thrive. For the first time in her life she looks a bit porky. Her normal weight is 42kg. She's now 46.8kg. She doesn't look like my sleek, muscular girl now. She looks rather matronly.

Considering Sophie's prognosis was so poor that they thought she would be gone by mid January, the vet and oncologist are happy with her progress. Her drug protocol is a new trial. They asked me at the start if I would be willing to have Sophie trial this new regime. I agreed, we had nothing to lose. Due to her excellent response they started another dog last week on the trial.

The oncology has given us so many special days together. Every extra day we have is bonus.

CavNrott, that is such good news, who cares if she looks matronly, so long as she is well in herself. I found out yesterday exactly what Ash's mother died of. Liver cancer at the age of 9. I have Ash on Milk Thistle Weed Tea and have had him on this for a while. It is a mild liver cleanser and tonic. I do have him senior blood tested every six months so fingers crossed I have every base covered. I have not heard of many with the cancer that Sophie has, I mean where she has it. I am sure that Sophie will go on for quite a while yet and although I do not regularly post in here, I do read and wish for a positive outcome. Sometimes I dread opening up this forum for fear of what is posted.

So please give my granddaughter a kiss and hug from me and tell her we are rooting for her.

Glad to hear some good news for Sophie... The drugs will make her gain weight as well as the change in diet and exercise - you do eventually learn to live with people passing comments on that fact that your dog needs to go on a diet (we have)...

Give her a hug for me

Jodie

She doesn't look too porky yet Jodie but due to her knee surgeries I've always kept her very slim. She looks quiet nice with the extra weight. We'll both be happier when she can go for walks.

Kiash, Sophie takes Milk Thistle tablets. The onco suggested them 3 weeks ago when the liver issue surfaced. I hope they're doing the job. We'll know when the results are in, probably on Tuesday.

It is unusual for osteosarcoma to occur in the mandible but not unheard of. It's not painful for Sophie to run around like is it when it's in the limbs, it's the eating that causes problems. She's easy to spoon feed though and has a good appetite.

It's getting difficult to give her the tablets. She's totally over them. She used to take them from my hand when I said 'eat it'. Then I rolled minced meat around them. Today she's eating the mince and spits out the tablet. I've spent 1/2 an hour trying to hide two tablets in cheese, mince, etc., She took them eventually. She has another 6 tablets to take with her dinner and I'm not looking forward to it. I can't mess with her mouth, it's too painful for her. Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Hugs and kisses have been given and thanks for sending her your well wishes.