2008 Brags Thread

ness

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm we only just got home again!!!!!

Well Ness is now to be officially known as Lochness CDX ADX JDM JDO SPD GD after getting her final JDM pass this afternoon. Not bad considering her handler has a dud ankle after spraining it last Sunday. Not only did she get a very comfortably within time JDM pass but ran an outstanding ADM pass for her fourth pass.

Very pleased with her :) .

I will also say she ran a lovely ADO leg but for 2 bars down and ran a fairly nice ADO round for a friend in the morning - no quallie but for a dog who is such a mummy's girl she did me proud :) .

Edited by ness

LOL Ptolomy I just read the comment about not being number 1 on the wish list. Well there is plenty of time to achieve that number 1 - just means one less thing to worry about and with it I can also announce her retirement from Masters Jumping. Just Masters Agility and Open Agility left to finish before we can focus solely on achieving that Number 1 :) .

Her two passes from today if anybody wants a laugh at the handler who got told a zillion times she so shouldn't have been running her dog. Oh well I got the last laugh with my two quallies. It was so worth it just for that.

Masters Jumping -

Masters Agility -

And your right LP will have to do a signature update tomorrow :) .

Edited by ness

Gotta brag.

I'm so proud of my boy.

He's always been a puller, not that bad but always wanted to be out in front and have tension on the lead.

I spent months stopping and waiting for him to come back to heal, he got a bit better but it can make a 20 metre walk so frustrating. Then he went right backwards almost to the start.

I got a halti for christmas, first time he saw a dog behind a fence with it on he completley flipped out. Now he isn't good with dogs, but can usually pass dogs behind fences pretty well. Not this time.

I did buy a harness a while after, mainly for the car but I decided to walk him in it. After 5 years of being walked on a collar, I think he was pretty desensitized to the feeling of it on his neck so the harness was a way to start over. So when we moved, thats just what we did.

I started looking at a few different things I could do, and a few weeks ago I started with the clicker, just 2 steps, then C&T in the backyard.

We practiced for a couple of days then started stepping out the gate, maybe 3 mtres out of the gate so the new sights and sounds didn't overwhlem him and he failed.

Then we got out to the footpath and back for a few days.

Then just slowly up in front of our house, C&Ting all the way along.

Skip forwar about 4 weeks, the change has amazed me. I've been mainly practicing at night and still just in front of the house as the further away he gets the more he stresses and starts walking ahead, but we're getting things mroe concrete into place and I can see him trying so hard.

I can go from a flat out run and slow down to a slow walk and he adjusts himself next to me, something I never would have thought I would see. A quick "ah ah" makes him snap back and he adjusts.

So tomorow... I think we might try to go on our first proper walk, I'll take treats to use along the way as he still hasn't seen a lot of the area around here.

The other thing I love is that I've got really strict on his behaviour pre-walk. He's got from a skitzing jumping lunatic to be very calm as I put his harness on, walk him to the door. Tell him to wait as I walk through then invite him. The change is amazing... i am starting to feel like I have a normal dog.

It's not much, but its huge. It's a start.

Edited by busterlove

Well done all.

Ness - are you sure you don't have just a touch of border collie in your brain somewhere - doesn't matter how much it hurts you just keep working........Xena got bitten by an an the other week at flyball, sat at my feet crying and licking, got up, did her flyball run, then went back to crying and licking.....enough said.

My brag for the weekend - Xena in elementary agility for her second quali. I did OK in this one, but really ruined it for her in the other two runs we did. She ran perfectly all day, did exactly what I asked of her, but only ended up with one pass....... :wave::eek::)

Way to go Xena - well I should say Reddii nice to know one of us acts like a BC :) . Nope what made me decide to run was the fact she was soooo sooky - head in my lap like mum come play with me. How can you not given to those eyes. Glad I did :eek: .

Way to go Xena - well I should say Reddii nice to know one of us acts like a BC :) . Nope what made me decide to run was the fact she was soooo sooky - head in my lap like mum come play with me. How can you not given to those eyes. Glad I did :eek: .

I'd have done the same. Can't say no either. It's hard enough with Mr CK sitting in his crate knowing he is just too young, I couldn't do it with a dog that was allowed to and wanted to have a go!

For me it would probably be a good thing - slow me down a little and let me think instead of trying to go at 100 miles an hour.

Great work!