2008 Brags Thread

ness

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My teeny tiny brag would have to be Gabe's first ever time working cattle on Monday!

Moving the steers from the paddock to the holding pen, he saw we were struggling on our own so decided we needed his help. He did an excellent job for a first timer on cattle, stopping on command and moving them swiftly when one of the steers went for him. He jumped back in fright but then bounced right back and continued to move them into the pen. My hero :eek:

I have a second flyball dog in my family!!!! :rolleyes:

After our success at the nationals in Canberra with Xena and her team (Xena is 21 months) it is brilliant to see our other young dog coming along so well. CK - 16 months.

I spent 2 days with him sitting beside the ring when I wasn't racing with Xena and by the end of it he was mad keen to go. He ran in the beginners on Friday, but was a bit distracted with all the goings on around him - he still managed a 5.5sec run with a .38 sec start!

Last night he was heaps better again at training. Seems he has realised that if he does what he is meant to do he gets the tug toy and nothing is better than a tug toy! He's still only running over low hurdles, but will be ready for his first comp shortly, albeit with a good height dog in the team to keep the hurdles down!

WOO HOO!!!!

Just as good though was that Xena worked well all night for my OH - usually she just cries and tries to come and find me!!

I love it when things go right with both dogs!

Great results everyone :eek:

Zig and I are still working on the basics....I've wanted to wait until his brain catches up with his body (still waiting actually) :) I love seeing that look of comprehension on his face when he knows 100% what I'm asking him to do.

Today at the park on his long line he did the most sensational recall......bolted in at 100mph, put on the breaks hard as he got close (kicking up a huge cloud of grey dust in my face :laugh: ), then sat perfectly straight and true in front of me.....with an expectant look as if to say: "Where's my damn click and treat?????" :)

I'm so delighted with him and can't believe how much fun he is to train! Who said training Dallies was difficult :hug:

Great work everyone. I finally have something GREAT to brag about (well, it's something I've been dreaming of, but wondering if I'd ever really get there.)

Xena had her first clear run in Starters Agility last night!!! :confused::)

She was such a good girl - held her stay while I lead out 3 hurdles, watched me perfectly, put up with an ugly rear cross while she went over the A frame (should have been a front cross into it - oops), weved really well and then finished brilliantly. As an added bonus we won the class.

I have to apologise to her though, she would have had two if I hadn't stopped a little short on the entry to the tunnel in Starters jumpers - although she was past me and had committed to the tunnel she still saw me stop and turned around to see why. (still a little green - she is only 21 months!) We had to settle for second in this one, beaten by a clear run.

All in all GREAT night and I can't wait for next weekends comp.

Cheers.

Tony

I have a small brag to add...........................

Saturday we had a champ show where we did very well (to say the least) best of breed from 13 other Gsds. Then went on to Intermediate in show!

Sunday we had a double obedience trial where we had Pat Hallam for Novice in the morning & qualified with a score of 196 & 1st place :thumbsup:

Then in the arfvo, had David Scrimshaw, again for novice, where we qualfied once again with a score of 187 & 1st place........again :laugh:

Our next obedience trial not till mid May :rolleyes:

Hmm LP maybe one can only dream it but that doesn't stop the expectation that some certain little black and white fluffy I know is MORE than capable of an OC. Can't let those pesky red dogs out perform her little black and white socks can she :thumbsup: .

• 2 weeks later...

Fantstastic news from you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And a score in the 190s!! Guess we will see you in the Open ring at FOO now Glory!!!!!!!!!!

Well done to Bel and Eddie!!!!!! What a great score to start off with!!! Go the Staffords!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Just got back from our second day at KCC with ANOTHER PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And ANOTHER 2ND IN RING!!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry::rofl:

I got to meet Gamby this weekend as well as Glorybea which was great too!

I'm sure Gamby will update when she gets home!

Not as good a score today 87/100 as my little angel decided to stop and eat duck poo on the way to me on his recall but luckily he kept on coming and finished it for me :eek:

They also did a fun toy retrive comp and I gave him a go. Out of 30 or so toys he picked the same style of toy 3 times and brought them back, he had a blast even though he had no idea what he was doing!

Edited by shoemonster

Just got back from our second day at KCC with ANOTHER PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And ANOTHER 2ND IN RING!!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry::rofl:

Not as good a score today 87/100 as my little angel decided to stop and eat duck poo on the way to me on his recall but luckily he kept on coming and finished it for me :eek:

They also did a fun toy retrive comp and I gave him a go. Out of 30 or so toys he picked the same style of toy 3 times and brought them back, he had a blast even though he had no idea what he was doing!

wow7.gif

I havent been in here for so long, but congratulations to all those who have had recent successes :) . Shoey, congrats on Eddie's qualies, well done :cry: . (seems weird to be talking about my husband being so well trained ;) ).

No successes or brags from me ;) - well unless you consider Whisper starting to work sheep a brag :) , considering she's 9 months old, it's not really, is it? :D