2008 Brags Thread

ness

Bit of a boring brag compared to all the others (congrats guys!!) but my new puppy is coming along well. I am really enjoying training her. She has alot more drive than her brother and shows no signs of being soft. So you will be pleased to hear that I will not be whinging about this one being a soft little sook!!!

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of a boring brag compared to all the others (congrats guys!!) but my new puppy is coming along well. I am really enjoying training her. She has alot more drive than her brother and shows no signs of being soft. So you will be pleased to hear that I will not be whinging about this one being a soft little sook!!!

Well done JulesP!!! I saw miss Poppy today and she is looking great everyone!!! Great focus and such a happy little camper :thumbsup::eek:

We are happy campers following last nights obedience trial - our first for the year.

Scoota won UD with 193 :eek:

Blaize blew me away (since she is either brilliant or bloody awful) and won open with 196 :thumbsup: . Beans in her first open trial tried hard and finished 4th with 192 :mad . But the best round would have been Scoota's open round where he lost only 1 point in his ring work, but unfortunately dropped during his sit stays :mad

Now if I could just bottle the kids enthusiasm from last night I could make a fortune......

We won division 5 at the National Flyball Championship on the weekend......and i had both dogs in the same team :cheer: :cool: Our team only lost one race for the whole two days.

Both boys ran personal best times with Nova achieving 5.2 seconds twice and Darcy got a 4.9 which is slow to what he can do but he, at the moment, has a pretty bad turn....its very slow :o They got those times on the second day in one of the last races we had...which is when dogs usually start slowing down!!!!

A couple of times both dogs ran in the same race together and Nova was handled by somebody else, which was actually when he got his PB times in the same race being ran by that person for the first time!! :p i only managed a 5.30 with him haha Very proud of my versatile boy

I am so proud of them :eek:

Edited by tollersowned

My girl Lea went up from Beginners to Intermediate 1 in agility class last night!!! I have been seriously doing agility training for since June 07, and that included a month or 2 off for variuos reasons. I was determined to get Lea's contact behaviour right, so I got out the electric saw and built my own A-frame/Walk out of a section of house fence :confused: Works really well.

Hopefully we will be ready to trial mid year.

Ptolomy you must be so proud! Congratulations!! :( :( :D :rofl:

Well done Scoota and of course Ptolomy too :rofl::eek: ;)

Are Lara or Blaize OC's or is Scoota the first of your kids to get it?

My very teeny tiny brag is Jazz had her first night of proper training tonight (she is 7 months but there has not really been any training around here for last 2 or 3 due to Xmas breaks and heat etc) and her very slack owner had no big expectations as she has done hardly anything with her. Lucky Jazz didn't know that and was so good - really focussed, some lovely short bursts of close, head up heeling, a nice recall and some little stays. Quite happy with her effort.

Amypie Lara has her OC, Blaize was retired from UD so nope doesn't have her OC. Scoota is Ptolomy's first homebred Toller with an OC and not sure how many OC tollers are around (there is at least 2 I can think of) but still not very numerous in the breed.

Go Ptolomy and the Scoota red dog.

Bet she will be on cloud nine for weeks to come.

What she didn't mention is she also made the decision to retire her old girl Lara who is still going strong at 11+ years and happy as anything. You should hear the noise as you drive into the K9 grounds if Lara is in the car - she just gets that excited. Lara was a $50 pet shop puppy and you can bet she was the best $50 that Ptolomy spent.

Enjoy your retirement Lars and way to go Scoota :mad.