Treat Bags

Hi all, I'd like to get myself a Treat Bag that's easier to access than the zip up 'bum bag' I currently own. I'd like something with a bigger opening and easier access. Any ideas please? And where can I buy one please (I'd have to get in by mail order)?

Thanks.

w2s

My boy is food obsessed so I needed something with a zip that he would have trouble getting his nose into.

I went to a bag shop and brought myself a small bag that I can wear diagonally across my shoulders instead of around my waist (it has a canvas strap). Its much better than a treat bag, better shaped and I can put a ball and poo bags in it too. I take it on our walks as well and can clip on their night walking lights as well for when we need them - much more versatile than a treat bag and still the same size. I never use the treat bags I brought now.

I think I got it at strand bags or somewhere like that on their clearance stand for about $10.

I've got a black dog one. I dont think a dog would be able to get his nose in as it closes quite tight. I am not sure how to describe what it is made out of but its sort of like two bits of metal that pop open and shut.....that doesn't make any sense...you might just need to pop down to a pet shop & have a look I got mine from Mega pet warehouse.

Thanks everyone. The black dog ones do look good! I will see if I can get my local vet to order one in as they have black dog products available.

Cheers!

Hi!

Check out Ebay too .. there is a guy that sells the Blackdog stuff on there ... prices are fine and no problem with delivery. Also have a look at the Blackdog website as I am pretty sure you can buy direct off that. I am close to the stor so I have gone in and purchased or online though the Ebay guy (possbibly an offshoot from the store as he has all the pictures that Blackdog has .. legit)

I have a treat bag from them for our dog and the collar and leads. Good quality stuff.

I use a black dog one as well. I need a new one as my current one stinks but it is 5 years old.

Hi Sezy I bought the liner to go in mine for that very reason. When you get your new one you might want to think about the liner as it can be taken out and washed. Or as a cheap alternative .. a plastic ziplock bag .. can be taken from teh fridge and easily put in teh pouch and then thrown away (I know .. not very environmentally friendly suggestion that one .. or like me ... washed with the dished and hung up to dry refilled and then used again for the Blackdog bag insert.

I've got a black dog one. I dont think a dog would be able to get his nose in as it closes quite tight. I am not sure how to describe what it is made out of but its sort of like two bits of metal that pop open and shut.....that doesn't make any sense...you might just need to pop down to a pet shop & have a look I got mine from Mega pet warehouse.

I think they call it a "frog mouth" opening. I have one but I use the bum bag instead. It holds more stuff. :rolleyes:

I have the black dog one with a liner, lucky as I have forgotten about the food in it a few times :rolleyes:

My completely food obsessed staffords cant get it open while its on me either (if it was off me I think they would get there though!)

I have the black dog one with a liner, lucky as I have forgotten about the food in it a few times :wave:

:offtopic: Guilty as charged here too. I love my black dog bag, especially with the liners. the best thing ever! I started out with a black bum bag, which soon got chewed to death and for ages I was still using it without a zip and all my food would fall out if I bent over. It was utterly ridiculous. I was going to buy another bum bag but then my club ordered some of these black dog bags and I bought one.

They open up really wide to get your whole hand in to get the 'dregs' and it also closes up so you can pretty much do handstands and the food will not fall out.

I am not one to plug a product usually, but it's seriously like my prized possession. I am not sure about any other brands, but if it is similar to the black dog I would say it would be great!

Yep I'm loving my Black Dog one too. :offtopic:

I had an old cheapie treat bag from Kmart and I forgot about food in it a couple of times... it wasn't pretty :wave:

I had a bum bag but just found it too hard to keep zipping it and unzipping it.