What Do You Use For Quick Clean Ups?

We blowdry the coat (dries out any mud and blows any grass out of the coat etc) and then brush brush brush (slicker and undercoat rake). Then a wipe over with a damp chamois and yet more brushing.

Makes Zero's white whiter and his grey darker.

It's the routine we use before we go to Zero's photoshoots (helping a friend with the "animal shots" part of her photography portfolio) - and it makes him look gorgeous!

I'm sure people who show their dogs would have better routines!

Edited by ~*Shell*~

Are your dogs double coated Norskgra?

Yes, they have double coats. They also do not get a doggy odour and have a self cleaning coat. There are occasionally special occasions when I like them to smell pretty but don't have time for a wash.

Edited by Norskgra

I am curious as to what people use for a quick clean up of you dogs coat when you don't have time for a proper bath?

I'm lucky 'cos Pele, Bull Terrier is short coated so a bath is a very quick and easy exercise :( Pele (3.5 yrs) has never rolled in anything disgusting, but I know the day will come :love: When she broke her front foot at 9 months old I bought some "No Rinse" shampoo, but never used it as brushing her did the trick.

Jessie, my previous bully used to roll in something about once a year, and do a good job when she did :D If it was between her weekly bath I used to fill a bucket with warm water and "Martha Gardener's Wool Wash" and sponge the offending bits.

Depends what the mess is. If it's wet muddy paws it's a damp towel. If it's bitches blood I just put her in the human bath and do her back end quickly with the tap hose because I don't want her to get a chill. If it's loose hair and scurf I use a rubber brush.

Agree with settrlvr that if it's for a show, I always bathe them in the hydrobath. If they do something annoying at the show (like my boy who pissed on his front leg at the last show!!!) I use "Show Off"

A friend and I were at an obedience trial on the outskirts of the city. My friend has a Japanese Spitz X. Well Katie rolled in some cow poo. OMG what a mess :mad My friend says "Oh well, stand for exam should be easy. The judge won't touch her!" :cry: Yeah, we got some water and cleaned the green goo off as much as we could :cry:

We both failed but it was a fun day :p

I read something recently (and can't for the life of me remember where!) that some people use cornflour as a quick fix for smelly coats etc if a bath isn't an option at the time. Dust over, then brush through. Apparenty works wonders on a doube coat. Haven't had a chance to try it myself yet though. Usually I'd just use a damp cloth, but then I have a smooth dog, with no double coat.