Hubby Is Getting His 2 Puppies Today

jeddica

Hi Guys

Im so excited... my partner is finally getting his 2 hunting pups today after a very long wait from the breeder they are finally ready! They are sooooo gorgeous and we just met the parents last week and they are amazing. Ill be posting some photos when they get home!!! i was just so excited i had to tell someone! they are staghounds by the way. :)

Hi Guys

Im so excited... my partner is finally getting his 2 hunting pups today after a very long wait from the breeder they are finally ready! They are sooooo gorgeous and we just met the parents last week and they are amazing. Ill be posting some photos when they get home!!! i was just so excited i had to tell someone! they are staghounds by the way. :)

Oooh new puppies - how exciting!!! :cool:

What are their names? Boys or girls? How old?

Congrats & good luck & please do post pics ;) x

yeah they are brother and sister, well were not to sure on names but the boy is definatly going to be called 'rambo' well thats what my husband thinks! haha they should be getting home at about 4 today so im waiting!!!! very impatiently! hehe will post pics when they come!

yeah they are brother and sister, well were not to sure on names but the boy is definatly going to be called 'rambo' well thats what my husband thinks! haha they should be getting home at about 4 today so im waiting!!!! very impatiently! hehe will post pics when they come!

"Rambo"? Hahaha oh dear :cool:

I can imagine how excited you must be, the time must be crawling for you...

I remember the last 2 days before I picked up Saki, I was just so impatient and couldn't think or talk about anything else at all! ;)

I filled in my time buying ridiculous amounts of dog beds, toys, food, bowls, leads, etc etc etc... I'm sure the staff of Mega Pet Warehouse got very sick of hearing about my pup... But feel free to rant away on here :)

I remember the last 2 days before I picked up Saki, I was just so impatient and couldn't think or talk about anything else at all! :)

And you've stopped now??? :cool: My friends are probably sick of hearing about Jed!

oh how exciting :) :cool:

*sigh* we've still got ages to go ;) - the pups are due any day now and then (if there is one for us *fingers crossed for enough boys*! ) we have to wait for them to be big enough to come home .....

I keep saying to myself - one step at a time ......

Can't wait to see the photos

what are the parents? I thought staghounds are wirey haired due to the fact they are deer/wolfhound x

cute shnoz on that one though :(

So did I...

Cute pup all the same though!!

Most Staghounds nowadays are bred from "pure" Staghounds ( you know what I mean )...... the most favoured original cross was Deerhound X Greyhound.

I knew some-one who had Staghounds and Deerhounds and he never cross-bred his Deeries to produce Stags.

Dave

i was talking to my partner her mum is a short haired staghound, and the sire is a mastiff x wolfhound. i was under the impression she was just staghound :laugh:

does anyone else in this forum pig hunt? for me im a girlie as girl and my husband is manly as man... :( its quite funny...

Jeddica, a staghound isn't a breed, its a common name for any X-bred using either deerhound or wolfhound, crossed with usually, a greyhound. Although any mix of deerhound/wolfhound/anything is called a staghound these days.

I think there are a few pig hunters here, but they tend to discuss the cross breeding and pighunting on the boarhunter type chatrooms. I know many local responsible pighunters & their dogs are very loved & well cared for - and there are heaps of websites to cater to them.

Being a purebred dog forum, breeding x-breds isn't widely supported here, as so many unwanted litters end up in the pound/rescue)

But lots of people here own & love their x-breds, and of course are a huge part of this forum. ( I have a rescue mutt as well)

We'll look foward to seeing how your pups grow.

fifi

thanks for that fifi. i actually didnt know a staghound wasnt a breed! learn something new every day...

:rofl:

Im actually a long time reader of this forum so i undertand the rules and views of this forum.

pics of the brother coming soon!