Obedience National

Funny you should mention this, as I was just looking at when it was on as I'd like to wander down and have a look.

I hope the weather holds up for everyone competing/spectating. Why do they run Nationals at a time when the weather can be so risky??

Yep, Gambit and I are going along for a great weekend.

It is going to be an amazing weekend to see some outstanding dogs doing their thing,

Gambit, well, it will depend on the day, he has the Geelong Obedience Dog Club trial on 26th & 27th July followed by the State and National Obedience trial.

I just hope that some of the handlers won't mind me asking lots of questions on how they trained their dog, what problems did they have and how did they work through them etc., etc.

well - hopefully my entries got there on time and I'll be there with my two! I really hope Leo does well - he's had a bit of a break and his work over the past two weeks has been to die for... he is loving his work and really knows his stuff in Open now. Such a happy little man he is :eek:

Kinta will be in CCD chasing that final pass for her title :cry:

We're entered (for the state anyway) at this point but given little Miss keeps hurting herself I refuse to count my chickens. She's working beautifully...but knowing our strike rate she'll either hurt herself in the mean time or forget something basic on the day...like I don't know heeling. :D

I have entered Scoota in open and UD both days. We are flying over the Thursday before the trial and I am coming with Deb and her Aussie Brooklyn.

Now if anybody finds my missing sits in the meantime - please let me know....... :D

Hopefully Ptolomy will have a Toller cheer squad there. (Or for those who know Tollers a scream squad :) )

I'll definitely be going down on one the days.

I'll watch the competitors and feel totally inadequate. :eek:

I won't care though, because I'll be watching Tollers kick butt. :laugh:

I have entered Scoota in open and UD both days. We are flying over the Thursday before the trial and I am coming with Deb and her Aussie Brooklyn.

Now if anybody finds my missing sits in the meantime - please let me know....... :eek:

I can't wait to meet your boy... not to mention Brooklyn... if you see someone drooling at the distance staring at Brookie - that will be me :eek::laugh:

As for missing sits... I dunno where they go sometimes! My guys have been a little *too* good lately, which inevitably means that it will all go pear shaped at the trial :):laugh:

Are you staying for the dinner too??

Hopefully Ptolomy will have a Toller cheer squad there. (Or for those who know Tollers a scream squad :laugh: )

Oooh how exciting! I can't wait to meet more Tollers!

I can't wait to see so many red dogs all at the same oval at the same time.

Yes we are staying for dinner.

and as for the sits - I had a lesson last night with Sue H - all my problems have been solved - whew! Well at least until the next trial :eek:

So now I need to know when Sue H is coming to Tasmania ..... :love:

Leopuppy, we had the pleasure of seeing the handsome and talented Brooklyn down here recently - an absolute inspiration (even though he missed the odd thing). So much joy and enthusiasm - a credit to Deb.

Have a good time all you competitors - and hopefully a successful time.

Hi, excuse my newbie-ness but I've never been to one of these, I take it this is in Melbourne, when and where is it on?

Can you go just to watch? Can you bring your dog just to watch?

Sorry these are probably incredibly stupid questions :idea:

KCC Park State trial is august 2nd, National august 3rd. Open to the public. yes you can bring your dog (if VCA registered), but really it's such a busy day that they don't always enjoy it! people everywhere!. I guess it's nice to have the quiet dogs visiting but if they are excitable then best to stay at home. The top dog entry for the obedience is in state trial usually around lunchtime. Always very good to watch!

Good luck to everyone who's competing at the State and National trials :idea:

I didn't like 2 out of the 3 of the judges for the State trial at the level my dogs are at so we're off showing instead.

Make sure someone posts the results!

Go the Aussie's!!!

KCC Park State trial is august 2nd, National august 3rd. Open to the public. yes you can bring your dog (if VCA registered), but really it's such a busy day that they don't always enjoy it! people everywhere!. I guess it's nice to have the quiet dogs visiting but if they are excitable then best to stay at home. The top dog entry for the obedience is in state trial usually around lunchtime. Always very good to watch!

Spanx for the info :idea: Hmmm Saki enjoys crowds and people and dogs but she is rather excitable so we shall see, heh.

Nuhh...I wanted to go and was looking forward to the weekend......until I saw all Interstate Judges and in past experiences, trialing under Interstaters, they all tend to make the competitors do the full heeling routines not only in normal pace......but again in fast pace and slow. Normal and slow don't bother me and the amount of fast our Vic judges do in the pattern just suits me fine as I have stuffed knees. There is no way I could cope doing an entire routine in fast pace.......so I saved me money and didn't enter.