State/nationals Trials

Hi everyone, I would just like to wish everyone who has entered the State/ National Trials at the weekend all the very best of luck in what ever class they have entered. I won't be there as I will have a new baby, so I won't be there in person, but I will be in spirit.

We fly out first thing in the morning - so that means I have less that 24 hours to condense 3 suitcases into 1 :birthday: Next year the Nationals are in Perth, so it won't be a problem, but I have decided that it is much easier to take a novice or CCD dog as you don't have to worry about scent articles x 4, gloves, dumbbells, seekbacks....... :)

PS - my boys nick name is Moo!

Oh good one Ptolomy - word of warning though don't try and take metal scent articles in your carry on as the security guards think your the next terrorist :) .

At least you will be practiced at packing well come a months time :birthday: but seriously why do you think I am only looking to bring my baby across for the Nationals next year :smashpc: .

Theres gonna be a few DOLers brags from this weekends trials, so I'll put mine in too!

On Sat Molly got her 2nd pass and won the CCD ring with a score of 90, and then today she did it again! Score of 93, pass and won the ring! Got her CCD title at the Nationals! Such a clever girl!!!

What a weekend it was.

So many good dogs doing their thing in the rings.

It was so sad when watching a dog work so well decide it doesn't want to drop, sit or come for whatever reason.

Going under the interstate judges was a great experience. I was even able to listen to the judges explain to a handler the reason why he failed an exercise. Then other judges joined in the conversation.

I was so happy to see an Aussie in the Top Dog run off. I was so nervous for Lyn and Turk but they showed that they deserved to be in the Top Dog of Victoria.

:D ;) And Shoemonster, Wow, what can I say. The look on your face each time you went up to receive your well deserved sashes, food, mug, etc., etc was pirceless. I'm so happy for you :confused::)

I met Shoemonster at the Friends of the Park Obdience trial earlier on this year. She was so nervous entering her first trial with her huggable staffy.

Gambit, well, we won't be entering any more obedience trials this year. He was terrible, I pulled him out of the trial on Saturday. The ground was wet and squelshy but that wasn't the reason he didn't perform. He isn't happy doing anything in the ring.

Sunday was a little bit better but still no good. Later on in the day I saw this adorable Aussie doing it's thing. It was so happy performing the exercises and then the penny dropped, Gambit used to be like that once upon a time. What have I done to change his exurberence, so its back to basics.

A little staffy in Top Dog was a joy to watch. Head up prancing around the ring as though he owned it. He adored his handler and I think the dog would do anything for him.

Well done Skye!!!

Gamby, I was so thrilled to see Clive and his staffy Tia in Top Dog, she looks wonderful, and really deserved her 2nd place, GO THE STAFFORDS!!!!

Oh and i'm pleased to say I'm not quite as nervous anymore, even though I didn manage to trip over my own foot at one stage in the heeling!

Probably cos Ptolomy hasn't arrived home yet ;) . But oooh what are friends for. So I am going to brag on her behalf (even though she has already in the toller thread).

Ptolomy and "Scoota" aka OC Ptolomy Choc Chip UD ADM JDM ADO JDO SPDX SD GD won UD at the Nationals and came second in Open.

Way to go the red dogs. Ptolomy is so deserving of her success with Scoota. She is one of the kindest most considerate handlers. Not only is she fantastic to watch in the ring but she has been so helpful to me and without her I would have given up ages ago. It was lovely to hear her results on Sunday especially as Scoota has been having a few hmmm "blonde" toller moments of late.

Congratulations again and I can bet Ptolomy will be on cloud nine for ages :( . Now Scoota just has to have words to a certain black and white dog about how you can actually pass UD :love: .

Finally arrived home.......

I had the best time ever - met lots of lovely people - shoemonster, Leopuppy and so many tollers at the one oval at the one time - it was brilliant. Scoota had his own fan club.

Tickled pink with him. He struggled on the first day - didn't want to sit or drop and was flat as a tack on the second day. That was until winner of winner when I found his on button - with TWISTIES. He came out a happy camper full of beans. I Have relived winner of winners over and over and over - the first thing you usually teach a dog is SIT and how hard is it forward halt????? Hmm oh well back to the drawing board. He tried really hard and his tail never stopped wagging - what more could I ask for.

To win UD and come 2nd in open is a dream come true - if only you could have all seen how disasterous our round the weekend before we flew out was. He is a very special boy, and sorry Ness - there was no chance of me dropping him off as we flew over SA.

Now - everybody start saving and planning to come to WA in October 2009 for the next Nationals.

Edited by Ptolomy

Ptolomy you looked great in winner of winners! And such great results fo rthe rest of it! I really had the best weekend, so enjoyable, everyone is so supportive and friendly

OMG as I am typing this post, one of my angels just climbed up and stole my dinner :p