• N/A not a groomer
    • i have colouring available in my salon
    • no but am interested
    • no never would

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see anything wrong with it providing it is done sensibly and the right product is used.

I have previously dyed one of my own dogs.

As a groomer I wouldn't offer it to clients as I simply couldn't be bothered and I don't have the market here for that.

Haven't done it but saw photos of a puggy that had had it's tail coloured and thought it was cute.

Have considered it but because the colour is supposed to last such a long time don't think I would do it to my puggies.

I couldn't vote. You have to fix your poll so that you don't have to fill out both owners and groomers sections.

I have used food colour, only lasted a few days, i have used human wash out colour (red/orange, Shoey and i did our girls the same colour :thumbsup: ) and it lasted a few weeks. When i did Atlas Pink, i used another human one, fluro pink, and it was a few weeks

I have used a dog one... the pink above is it, and has all washed out, the Blue i put in Atlas was put in in March, and it is STILL in there! When you run your hand against his fur you can see the colour!

We also have the option of getting dogs done at work, but before we really get into it, we need to get some more practice, found Ats blue was a bit patchy, and we are wanting someone with a long coated dog to let us play with their dog! until then, we just colour our own :thumbsup:

We have clipped racing strips into the poodle, and are going to be doing a M and a H on the 2 cats that live there -They are identical and no one but the boss can tell them apart, so going to put their initials on them :(

i really thought more people would think it was cruel as i have had some nasty comments when walking my dog. If people are rude i just ignore them as i would never hurt my dog in any way shape or form. I only use dog approve pet esthe or dyex dog colour on them and have never had ill affects to them or there coat.

Here is a before and after of my pound puppy i think she looks better and she loves the attention it gets her anything for a pat. But some of my friends do think i am weird lol i surpose i am :thumbsup: . But i think she is beautiful and so does she.

post-22304-1221738441_thumb.jpg

post-22304-1221738466_thumb.jpg

I love that purple.

I did my male (entire at the time) Bull Terrier (the blue one above) bright pink... god we got some looks :thumbsup::(

There has been other threads on this, and some people have commented that they dont like it and that it is cruel. But i dont give a rats :(

My dogs LOVE the attention, and the White Bully is our office dog at work, some people are soooo scared of her (She is the most Laid back dog you will EVER meet), yet when they see her covered in bones, they cant help but laugh and ask a bit about her.

We need to get some christmas tree shapes now for her!! :(