• hate it think it is cruel
    • love it and have had it done
    • don't like it but i don't think it is cruel
  2. 2. For groomers

• N/A not a groomer
    • i have colouring available in my salon
    • no but am interested
    • no never would

Dogs come in such lovely colours naturally, I see no need to do that to them, personally I don't like it and would never offer to do it at my salon.

To me it is no different to those high heeled baby shoes being talking about in off topic!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a groomer we wouldnt do it.many do as they charge ridiculous prices & its a money maker .

Whilst some clients may like others may loathe it & you need to weigh up the type of advertising you want from doing this.It would be a topic that could backfire business wise or draw clients that arent regular but just want there dogs dyed when they feel like it

I will say though i dont have a problem if its done to promote a cause & it does get the attention of people whether they like it or not.

I will say though i dont have a problem if its done to promote a cause & it does get the attention of people whether they like it or not.

That's the only reason I would agree with as well, otherwise it says more about the owner than the dog - you may as well go play with dress-up dolls.

That's the only reason I would agree with as well, otherwise it says more about the owner than the dog - you may as well go play with dress-up dolls.

:thumbsup::wave::rofl:

And i think its a bit different to colour a dog, than to dress a baby up in clothes that turn men on.

Edited by Terrorbull

Guest june.andnovas

unless you were to use a natural hair dye (chemical free) then that is just wrong.

the chemicals seep into the dogs skin .. same as colouring your own hair.

Only weird people do things like that to their dogs :rolleyes:

ETA:

14032008002.jpg

dogs19th005.jpg

(I love that photo of her :confused: )

How on earth do you do it to such a short coat!!!???

And how did you get the paw prints?

*gets excited* Must tell and share secrets!! How long did the paws last? Did they smudge?

I offer it at my salon- we use Dyex colour for dogs. It does not harm the dog in anyway and if an owner wants to do it then why the hell should' nt they. One of mine has a pink tail at the moment- result of a slow winters day in the salon and bored groomers :rolleyes: