Depth Of Field Help Please

Kirislin

Just incase it helps you or anyone else in our prediciment, the website and topic I found very helpful (idiotproof with piccies) was this one: http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=414088

I've just been looking at this site. I haven't spent alot of time there cause the dogs are telling me to get off my tail and walk them but I will come back for a good read. the bit I've seen is great. thanks Tahna :laugh:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.................I'm a bad, bad girl........I've just missed my dental appointment cos I've got so wrapped up in reading all the photo threads...........n hubbys not happy cos the dentist is a friend of his and got me in early..........Grumpy day ahead......... :shakehead:

Hope my D80 arrives 2day.......me starting to wonder if I've 'dun my dough' !!!!!! Posted early Th morning from Melbourne n still not here yet!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I've been following these threads for a while with great interest. Like Krislin I have the problem of very fast moving creatures.

These are a few shots taken on holidays recently.

I tend to be lazy and just use sports mode, as when they take off - well they just take off and there really isn't any time to "adjust". Of course OH has no interest in photography so no use asking him to hold the dogs while I get the camera settings right. Hw just thinks I should be able to point and shoot.

Any comments/suggestions most welcome.

Canon 400D with the 2 kit lenses.

thanks

annieK

IMG_6972.jpg

IMG_6971.jpg

this one has been "very" cropped"

IMG_7005.jpg

Just use a fast shutter speed to start with and balance your appeture to suit, ie favour your shutter speed. Nothing less than 1/1000 for a grey :laugh:

thanks - the big white bloke has turned 8 so I thought he would be slow enough by now, but NO

will have to wait until the weekend

I do understand the camera as I had a "normal SLR" before the digital and used to use it manually all the time - but that was before greys :rofl:

will keep trying!

annieK

I just read this whole thread, I must practice, practice practice.......... (I don't want to say I am actually confused, confused, confused... :rofl: )

I live in Morphett Vale, down the southern side of adelaide. We should do the next WEA course together so we can work together in between classes to practice.

Hi Tahna, I am also planning to do the WEA course, are you going to do the INTRODUCTION TO PHOTOGRAPHY or USING AN SLR CAMERA course? I'm in Woodcroft, you neighbour. :rofl: