Depth Of Field Help Please

Kirislin

I know one local guy who may be able to beat DD etc but his prices

jump around like yoyos too. Camera House website are saying $145.

Not sure what Croydon camera house charge for same thing.

DD has gone up over 30% in the last month. damn aussie dollar.... hope its fixed for my chrissie pressie :eek:

the 50mm 1.8 nikor was under $160 when i got it a few months ago. its now $210 :laugh:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get it for under $150, monelite. I think I paid $115 last year for mine.

Here is another shot I took with it, indoors using natural window light when I didn't know what settings to use (yes I have to clone out the white wall but this is just to show you how sharp it is)

50mm, Aperture 7.1

hannahdol.jpg

I think I took this with the 50mm as well. It's a fantastic little lens.

ETA: Subject: A peacock and peahen in Blair Castle Grounds, Pitlochry, Scotland. :laugh: They look quite Royal don't they?

I'm editing my holiday snaps today.

peacocks.jpg

Edited by Ripley

http://www.shopbot.com.au/p-32489.html

$119 is the cheapest.

Although I give a HUGE thumbs up to camerasdirect.com.au

I just got my 50mm 1.4 lens from them. Ordered it on Monday and had it on Tuesday morning. :eek:

was that shopbot mob the ones you got the refund from? I'd be wary of them if that's the case. I've had a read up of the lens. it sounds really cheap, plasticky.

May I ask how much your 1.4 cost. There seems to be a huge price difference from what I've seen. Is there so much of a difference in quality and ability?

ok I have sucessfully done no work today but learnt heaps reading up on all things photographic. I found a great website and I think.... that I may have found the penny but won't know for sure till I get home and start practicing with the actual camera.

Stay tuned! :eek:

ok I have sucessfully done no work today but learnt heaps reading up on all things photographic. I found a great website and I think.... that I may have found the penny but won't know for sure till I get home and start practicing with the actual camera.

Stay tuned! :eek:

I look forward to seeing your results. :eek: Pity you're so far away, we could have a practice day together and get thoroughly confused :eek:

have you had a look here, it's Canons own instruction site.

http://web.canon.jp/imaging/enjoydslr/index.html

Todays practice: Here's a couple at 3.5, that's as far as it will go.

They're great, well done :eek:

Thankyou!! I've got a very sweet subject, that's my Puck, just not sure about the bokeh though................... :wink:

Edited by Kirislin

Krislin..

Notice how the first has a smaller DOF than the second yet both were shot at f/3.5.

DOF is not just related to aperture (aka fstop), it's also related to focus distance.

All other things being equal, same focal length, same aperture, the closer the subject is, the smaller the DOF.