Last Day For Free Shipping From Cleanrun Is Monday

what did everybody buy :laugh: ?

I stocked up on JW i-squeak balls - my kids love them. Have started using them as rewards when heeling and they seem to be doing the trick - even for the kids that aren't toy motivated.

how awesome :laugh:

how do you use them?

do you hide them during heeling? and C&T T=throwing the toy? do you throw the toy away from the dog so he leaves the heeling position?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my shopping list was

Cool Kong Dog Toys: 1

Options: Medium: $6.95

Item Total: $6.95

Squeakin' Bees 3-Pack: 1

Item Total: $6.45

Pilates for Pooches DVD: 1

Item Total: $38.45

FitBALL Balance Disc, 14 in.: 1

Item Total: $21.95

Get on the Ball DVD: 1

Item Total: $28.45

Really Reliable Recall DVD: 1

Item Total: $28.45

can never have enough DVD's lol... mine have heaps of toys so only ordered a couple thi stime... actually the bees are for the new litter of puppies to play with

What's the secret about them Ptolomy?! Are they like the Cuz toys? Mine go crazy over the cuz toys!

My warning is NEVER shop on CR with Ness... she will *always* find something you skimmed past and you just have to add it to your list :laugh:

Laffi - my list is far to embarassing to post up here :cool: :laugh:

What's the secret about them Ptolomy?! Are they like the Cuz toys? Mine go crazy over the cuz toys!

My warning is NEVER shop on CR with Ness... she will *always* find something you skimmed past and you just have to add it to your list :rofl:

Laffi - my list is far to embarassing to post up here :eek: :cool:

LOL you can always email me your list LP!!! :laugh:

btw I am not sure who between you and Ness is worse to do shopping with :laugh:

Mine love the Cool Kong too!

And the hide a bee - well that's fun until Leo drives me mad with the squeaking :laugh:

Kinta - well she shakes all the bees out... Leo fanatically takes them all out then trots around the house going "squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak"... until you get soo annoyed it has to be taken away :cool:

I do like that both kids bring the empty hive to me for 're-stuffing' though :laugh:

Laffi - ME.... bad to shop with?!?!!? I plead not guilty!!!!!!

:rofl:

They are like Cuz toys - probably not as hard as a cuz though. I had one i-sqeak ball and all 5 kids used to go mad every time I brought it out, so then I brought another one. I have another er.......11 coming :laugh:

I have never used toys in the past - all my kids are so foodie and giving food is easy, however, this has all changed.

I load my pockets with food and have 1 or 2 i-squeak balls on me - this is all done before getting any of the kids out to work. This is often a mistake new people make in that they get their dogs out and then go and load their pockets with goodies. We start training - and when I feel the dog is putting in a good effort - I jackpot grab the ball out of my pocket and either throw it so they can run after it, bounce it so they can jump up and get it, or get them to catch it.

All of the dogs now bring the ball back to me so i can bounce it or throw it again. I then have the option of putting the ball back into my pocket - or leaving it on the ground as a distraction. If I take the second option we start working again and when I feel they are putting in a great effort I can jackpot again with the ball in my other pocket. The look on their face is priceless mum is an endless source of fun. I often reward with food when they bring the balls back. :laugh:

I use the balls a lot for the drop on recall - when the dogs drop - I throw the ball over their heads and get them to race back and get it. You can also play the two food game with the balls.

I have the JW i-squeak bone but they are not a hit.

I have talked a few people into buying the balls and their dogs are also crazy for them - so if you ever see them - they are worth giving them a try.

Ptolomy - I'll just send you Kenzie to train she is ballistic over ANYTHING well ok ANYTHING that isn't food. I swear she is warped she works better for the opportunity to go feral with me then for food.

I got some balls on different tuggy things for my ball crazy boy, a food tube for my food motivated girl who I'm trying to get interested in toys, a book for me and I got each of them one of those cool coats! Hopefully they will be good for shepherds who go flat when we travel for trials to warmer climates :laugh::rofl:

I had to do some pruning from my order when I saw what my original "wish list" added up to :cool: - My postage would have been about $120 so it was worth it to buy more now :eek: (that's my excuse and I am sticking to it :laugh: )

I got some balls on different tuggy things for my ball crazy boy, a food tube for my food motivated girl who I'm trying to get interested in toys, a book for me and I got each of them one of those cool coats! Hopefully they will be good for shepherds who go flat when we travel for trials to warmer climates :laugh::eek:

I had to do some pruning from my order when I saw what my original "wish list" added up to :rofl: - My postage would have been about $120 so it was worth it to buy more now :( (that's my excuse and I am sticking to it :cool: )

Your dogs are very lucky :laugh:

I got some balls on different tuggy things for my ball crazy boy, a food tube for my food motivated girl who I'm trying to get interested in toys, a book for me and I got each of them one of those cool coats! Hopefully they will be good for shepherds who go flat when we travel for trials to warmer climates :laugh::(

I had to do some pruning from my order when I saw what my original "wish list" added up to :eek: - My postage would have been about $120 so it was worth it to buy more now :( (that's my excuse and I am sticking to it :cool: )

Your dogs are very lucky :laugh:

Or very spoilt! :rofl:

These balls sounds great! Can you get them from any shops or only online? My girl loves squeaky toys so might work for her focus :laugh:

I found a list of distributers in OZ on the net and every website I went to didn't have the balls listed. I even went into the shop that is supposed to have them in WA and they had never heard of them.

So - my mate found some on ebay - we contacted the seller and instead of paying $6 postage for 1 ball - we are paying $6 postage for 3 balls - we ordered 6 balls from there - I think they are coming from Hong Kong.

I then ordered another 8 from CR :laugh: I think you would be paying about $10 a ball in OZ and they were $3.95 from CR.

Maybe we need to have an i-squeak ball hunt and see where in OZ we can get them from. :cool:

Hey, no fair you guys :( - I couldn't do any shopping on CR and take advantage of the free shipping .............

'cos I got this

7b1a467671d8a0cc5107ab136de7e485.jpg

81341253cf9f080b7803f01ccd71240d.jpg

:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

(Sorry, the photos are not great, but you get the idea.) He's a Winpara boy - all the way over from Perth. His name's Ruaraidh/Rory - hopefully Winpara Soul Dreamer if CAWA accepts that. And he's drop-dead gorgeous and wonderful (and chews trouser legs - just like you said, ness :rofl:

Of course, I did have to buy extra toys - but I did that locally.

Cheers Ptolomy! I might scour ebay then as it probably seems my next closest bet :thumbsup:

a food tube for my food motivated girl who I'm trying to get interested in toys

Ooh this sounds interesting. I have another who looks at me as if to say "what do you suggest I be doing with this squeaking thing you're flinging in my face and throwing about?" Not gonna be easy to teach this one to retrieve, and my toy crazy one took me a while to teach :)