Wishes For My Pom Please

PomsNZ

Hes vomited again, i cant help but worry over every little thing.

some one tell me im normal and to stop worrying so much.

i know he can make this, but i dont want to get my hopes up if you know what i mean.

Im sure hell be here for xmas with us, im thankful for that, as i am thankful for every day we have with him.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Take it slow... has he had blood chemistries done to see how his liver/kidneys are working since you have had him home?

It must be a real moment by moment-- but he is hanging on! he would have such an amount of toxins in his body....no wonder he's vomiting...

:thumbsup:

he hasnt had any tests since we got him home.

1. im terrified too, in case its not improving.

2. we did ring vet and said how he is doing, they said the vet will call us back if hes worried, so far he hasnt. We are going to wait till after xmas to get tests done. One, its hectic and unless its emergency there are just no appointments. I refuse to take him to the *other* vets, for another long story lol...

we think he is doing better.. we realise the outlook is grim, but we honestly think he can make it now.

we were discussing it just before, and he has gotten better since the naturpath came, he has improved since he came, he doesnt seem to be getting worse, and all the research we can find says if the dog can survive the worst of it, the outcome is usually favourable.

However, if dog is not producing urine, there are no reported cases of the dog surviving. BUT he is weeing... so thats good...

a freind has a chihuahua that was on a drip for 2 weeks with just pancreaitis, in critical condition, bucca was on a drip for 4 days, and he has renal failure to boot.... we cant help but think he can fight this.

if someone tells me scrambled eggs poached backwards and then tossed over a vodoo doll cures it, i woudl do it. grasping at straws? maybe. If my boy is willing to fight this, we are going to help in any possible way we can.

and im rambling!!!!!!! lol

we woke up t his morning to him grinning at us, waiting for us to lavish attention on him, like he used too...

i really think hes gonna make it! he does look great, he has done all the stuff he used to do before he got sick, grinning at us, then jumping all over us, licking daddys ears and nose and everything, and NOT with me lol.

we havent tried him back on solid goods, we are just sticking with pushing the liquids and broth, hell eat when hes good and ready.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Firstly t imo you r normal !!you wouldnt be if you wernt worried!!!!!!

I am no expert ,but maybe someone else here can add advise re feeding ,if it were me i would be trying him on very small amounts of mushy stuff eg baby porride ,or blended chicken ,but really slushy ,like weaning a baby,but check with the witch doctors first , :confused: from what you r telling us ,its sounding pretty good ,but imo you need to get the tests done to confirm hes on the mend .

stay posotive please & try to have a merry christmas ,be thankfull for small mercies :p

yes, i agree too about the testing, but getting a appt in the next few days is not going to happen unless its a emergency, they are booked solid, plus have stand bys waiting to take places of anyone who cant.

We will take him in after xmas, when the silly season is over.

Get bloods done, but surely his get up and go does mean something!!

Already today hes had a game of chasing the ball, and hang round the kids, our son is having his xmas today, as hes off to to to his dads tonight as its his dads turn for xmas with him. (daughter has elected to stay with us and the dogs this year)

im feeling rahter pleased though, my big strong brave fighter!!!

Sounding good T, He is a little fighter, they know you love them and need them so they try there hardest. Everything is sounding really positive , try to keep faith in wht you are doing, I know it is hard, but you seem to be taking steps forward and his progress is good. Keep heart dear friend, thinking of you this christmas. xoxo