Even Super-models Go To Heaven

mita

This morning the vet came to our house & helped our 16 yr old Sheltie, Shelley, go to heaven. She had a degenerating nerve that controlled her back legs. And with arthritis making her front legs stiff, she had started to have falls where she couldn't get up....& was terribly stressed.

Shelley was a bigger than usual Lassie look-alike sheltie. Beautiful...& she knew it...with the personality of a drama queen (think of Lucille Ball in 'I Love Lucy'...that was Shelley to a T).

She was so confident & affectionate...never met a person she didn't think would fall madly in love with her. And had the biggest smile.

When she was 4 yrs old, a lass who was PR for David Jones store, put her in a fashion parade where all the models (includiing Shelley) had red hair. Shelley LOVED it..she thought all the crowd & photographers had come out to see her only.

Here's her pic doing her ONE supermodel job for DJs as a young slip of a girl.

Now here's Shelley last pic, taken about 2 weeks ago just before her first crisis. At age 16 years, her big smile is still there.

We will miss her loving nature & big personality awfully. But she's safe now & will never have that wonderful smile wiped off again with the terror of not being able to move.

Whoops....sorry, the file with the pic wouldn't take. I'll see if there's another way.

:thumbsup: Farewell, Shelley. :rofl:

You can run now, free of pain... waiting to see your family again someday, knowing in your heart that they did their very best to love you and give you a wonderful and long life.

Another Sheltie angel to watch over the world. :rofl:

post-19-1098320177.jpg

Edited by Salli

Thank you so much. It means a lot that others understand. Salli, the graphic is gorgeous.

Here's the last pic of 16 yr old Shelley...couple of days before the crisis struck. Sorry it's small....but the big smile is still big. Always was.. bless her red-haired self.

Edited by mita

Just made the 16 y old Shelley pic bigger. You can see the strange angle of one of her back legs. That was caused by the degenerating nerve making her lose control.

Edited by mita

:rofl: it so hurts to lose them at any age, but I'm so glad you had Shelley for 16 lucky years. I imagine she is running free, red hair flying in the sun.......a young body free from pain....

love fifi & hounds

Thank you for your kind thoughts. Ripley, that's another glorious graphic...it looks so much like my last sight of Shelley as we wrapped her in a big towel. Peaceful & beautiful.

Here's a poem just freshly written by Karen McLaren who knew Shelley & how she was helped to heaven with much love. These lovely words may help other people...now, or in the future...who have to do the same thing.

"My beautiful girl,

I set you free.

I love you so my lady.

And from the depths of my pain

Shall rise again,

Like a phoenix,

Your face,

Free of pain,

Your eyes,

Free of fear,

And your love,

Full of life."