The Official January Photo A Day Challenge

Ashanali

Everyones photos are so fantastic. I feel terrible but I am going to have to officially withdraw from this challenge, too much to catch up and I things are crap for me right now :thumbsup:. I will continue to follow this and adore everyones fantastic shots :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear that things are tough at the moment Ruffles. I'm sure we'd love to see any contributions that you can manage.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have just been through all the pages I have missed and all I can say is WOW. There are so many incredible photos in there so it would take a while to comment on them all but these are the ones I remember

ILTBY - You are doing so well with your macro shots. Well done!

PPS - I love that misty morning landscape of yours. It's stunning

Rocco - Your sister must be cursing me by now. I'm loving your photos and funky colour toning.

Ripley - I liked the rooftop sunset shot. Interesting aspect.

ummm... I should have taken notes. :thumbsup: I'm so sorry I can't remember everyone, but there are so many who have great images here.

Anyway, I am about to load my holiday photos to this computer. It should be an interesting exercise...

I missed these two photos earlier.

Took my camera on my walk today. The bark on this tree always catches my eye

Absolutely love this one Mag, the bark is incredible. Is it the result of a bushfire or...?

I took this today, Ive been working on it in photoshop but only got photoshop on tuesday so still learning what to do, still working on this one, please feel free to critique or make suggestions please :thumbsup:

Fabulous action shot SL! I don't have any critique or suggestions really, I just fiddle with levels, shadows/highlights, brightness/contrast, sometimes selective colour, etc.

--

Thanks Huga!

Thanks so much Ash, I really appreciate that :thumbsup:

Great shots Josie! I wish I had my camera at the servo today, there were cockies eating out of the dumpster.

huga - gorgeous puglet

lea - lovely shot of the two conspiring!

Here is todays shot - Darcy returning his ball to me and Toppy going in for the "kill"

3202641123_c59f8805ff.jpg

thanks all for the comments :thumbsup:

poocow - lovely standard at the park, I love the part in his tail as he runs in the wind ;)

and today's at the park too, fun!

itlby - still loving your macro shots! and I love your titles too! I'm hopeless with titles

Magnus and Maggie are both beautiful dogs, great shots!

poodlemum - you still got a pink poo :laugh: or is that a re-do? I love it! and great action pics of them playing together

tlc - gorgeous - especially the first one, just beautiful!

Jag - Zippa has some character! :D

becks - I was just thinking yesterday what a shame it was that we only had the Aussie's in on this ... I want to see some snow! Interesting water fountain - "new Victorian" - wouldn't that be a contradiction? Looks more like Tsarist Russian to me :love: Do take another shot when the water is flowing :)

persephone - nice camping collage

ravyk - cool friend in b&w, and nice clear birdy pics, I particularly like the first

oo and itlby's been out (or in as the case may be) taking birdy pics too :thumbsup: they look pretty clear to me, like the first one best

montall - glad to have another on board. I'm not sure what the look on that buddah's face is? sad? mean? evil? sly? definitely not smiling :laugh:

huga - nice pic of pug :D

wow rocco your sister actually looks like a doll (mannequin) in that first shot especially ... and the dress ;) ... certainly stands out - even in black and white! I keep meaning to ask, do you ask your sister to pose in a particular way, like "turn you head to the left a little" or is it just natural?

blab - love the last kitty pic :D ... what breed is he/she?

ruffles - I'm sure no-one will mind you popping in and posting when you can ... sorry to hear things are crap :(

lea - :mad who's nose?

look forward to your holiday pics ash

--------

yesterday's tree wasn't that high - had another visit with the 50mm today, thought I would get some perspective ... he jumped it a few times - actually no less than 10 times - work it boy! ... and he popped both paws on it and looked up :laugh: ... then hopped up on it fully again, with a great deal of encouragement from me ;) ... just so I could get a better shot :o GOOD BOY and lotsa treats - he wasn't working for nothing :rofl:

but now I've decided to go with a plain old retrieving the stick shot, 'cause he is really enjoying it :D (actually this probably formed part of his reward for jumping over that tree branch so many times)

3202662097_95103876fa.jpg

:D

becks - I was just thinking yesterday what a shame it was that we only had the Aussie's in on this ... I want to see some snow! Interesting water fountain - "new Victorian" - wouldn't that be a contradiction? Looks more like Tsarist Russian to me Do take another shot when the water is flowing

Can't help you with the snow, it doesn't do that often with being on the coast. All I can do is wet and miserable instead!!

becks - I was just thinking yesterday what a shame it was that we only had the Aussie's in on this ... I want to see some snow! Interesting water fountain - "new Victorian" - wouldn't that be a contradiction? Looks more like Tsarist Russian to me Do take another shot when the water is flowing

Can't help you with the snow, it doesn't do that often with being on the coast. All I can do is wet and miserable instead!!

oh well ... wet and miserable will have to do :thumbsup: I'm guessing too cold to be out on the beach either

CM. Its a lovely setter from the off leash park.

And Bondy.

actually that wasn't meant to be a question ... more of a statement that they were nose-to-nose (melted together sorta ... who's nose is who's) :laugh:

Setters are beautiful dogs, and Bondy is a pointer ... enough said :thumbsup:

I missed these two photos earlier.
Took my camera on my walk today. The bark on this tree always catches my eye

Absolutely love this one Mag, the bark is incredible. Is it the result of a bushfire or...?

No bush fire, although it does look like it. I love it . It changes all the time depending on the season.

Today has gotten away from me. Will have to make up with two photos tommorrow.

Edited by MTD

One again great photos everyone.

Poocow for only having recently got an SLR you are getting some great action shots.

I have had a busy couple of days. I have taken pics, just need to get around to uploading them. A task for tomorrow.

Thanks Steph :laugh:

itlby - still loving your macro shots! and I love your titles too! I'm hopeless with titles

Thanks so much CM! My system is that when I go to name a photo, I wait for the first word that pops into my head when I look at it.

That is amazing Mag, I've never seen something like it.

Edited by iltby

Hi Guys, Im over my pc tongiht I just did a big long post commenting on all the recent pics and before I could finish, IE crashed on me and shut down :D not happy, so Ill make this quick,

Lea I loved your setter pOinter pic, so gentle!!

PC and CM great action shots of your doggies, love em!!

Nicole there is nothing like a boy and his dog just beautiful!!

JayC, is that an orchid, its georgous and I love your happy girl

Earlier in a post I wrote that todays pics were only snap shots but on looking at them I decided they just didnt make the cut so I got out the 50 mm and grabbed a very unwilling subject (hubby not happy about having his face on the internet :laugh: ) I was telling him how compliant Roc sister is and he reluctantly agreed. I have never done any portraits of people before so if anyone has any critiqes Id love to hear them, I also went with the sepia look and not sure I have it right and they will all look different as I just mucked around with the contrast in the color section till I got it right, not sure if there is an easier way to do sepia but I like that way cause you can change seperate pieces of the photo to make them lighter or darker. anyway here they are, cant believe we are more than half way through the month.

17th January

DSC_0016sepiasig.jpg

DSC_0029sepiasig.jpg

DSC_0054sepiasig.jpg

DSC_0047sepiasig.jpg

Iltby, you will notice i finally got the watermark (is that what its called) right, not sure if Im doing it the right way but it is working so thats the main thing, now that I know how to do it Ill have a play....thanks again.

looking forward to tomorow, maybe Ash might have pics on by then, looking forward to seeing them.

Hi everyone :cool:. I have been flat out this week and sadly did not have much spare time to even pick my camera up. Hopefully next week will be less full on and i can get back into it again. All of this weeks photos are great, i have enjoyed going back and checking out what everyone has come up with :laugh:.

3202962717_a95612808f_o.jpg

Fluke shot of Tinny :champagne:. I was not ready for her to leap like that and just madly snapped away whilst fiddling with the focus :D.