The Official January Photo A Day Challenge

Ashanali

Poocow, your photo is beautiful.

popsicle, great picture.

Rooco, stunning, i love the first shot.

piper, gorgeous shot, lovely and sharp.

persephone, i love what you did with your photos today, very creative

clicking mad, great use of light, you realy get drawn into the photo

Huga, Harrys foot looks fantastic with the wooden floor.

PPS, i got your storm. :rolleyes:

ILTBY, I realy like the first shot/

jag, love that one white cloud :thumbsup:

Edited by lea

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok Heres my effort for today, and effort it was, I was just not inspired today but this challenge is really making me think of things I can shoot.

The first one is my collection of Shells and the second one (because I just couldnt choose shells over my boy Bronson) I liked it Im not even sure why I just did.

DSC_0039-1.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg

Maybe tomorow Ill be more inspired!!

Lea, Im having another dippy moment, is that a real doggy with your dog or is it a stuffed toy, either way it is very cute.

Iltby, I had a go at making a name on my pics but I only got as far as the first direction as I couldnt even figure out how to create a blank canvas :rolleyes: :thumbsup: I will however keep trying!!

edited cause my spelling is sick!!

Edited by tlc

sigh, great photos everyone, those weather ones are spectacular!

My whippets were not feeling cooperative today, the girlies just wanted to go inside

IMG_2685cs.jpg

and Puck had an itch to be scratched.

IMG_2684tcs.jpg

Oh yeah, I deliberately went to the strawberry farm because they've got these beautiful purple roses, a colour I have never seen before and I thought I'll take some pics of them for the challenge, well, it was way too challenging. too windy so no purple roses :rolleyes:

Edited by Kirislin

You must be very patient iltby with those ants. I am sure you will get that million dollar shot that you are after. Personally I think they are very good :laugh:

I've been sitting out there for 20 mins or so each day, I get fed up pretty quickly :laugh: I have to stand there trying to be very still so I get tired fairly quickly. Thanks very much for your encouragement, I really appreciate it :laugh:

ILTBY, I realy like the first shot/

Thanks Lea :rofl:

Iltby, I had a go at making a name on my pics but I only got as far as the first direction as I couldnt even figure out how to create a blank canvas :3monkeys::laugh: I will however keep trying!!

edited cause my spelling is sick!!

Love your sea shell shot Tlc :rofl:

Sorry about that, I'll explain in more detail.

To open a new canvas just hit ctrl + n (or command + n if you're on a Mac). That will look like this-

Picture1-2.png

Enter in a width and height - 300 x 150 pixels would probably be a reasonable size. Then go to the drop down menu next to 'background contents' and choose 'transparent'.

Now you've got a canvas that looks like this-

Picture2.png

Go to your type tool-

Picture3.png

And type out your preferred watermark-

Picture4.png

Then go to your layers panel on the right, find the 'fx' button and hit 'outer glow'-

Picture5.png

Choose the colour of your outer glow (I chose white), fiddle with the noise, the opacity (I went with 75%) the spread (how far it extends from the font), its size and its range and hit OK-

Picture2-1.png

Now go back to your layers panel and change the fill to 0% -

Picture9.png

Now try dragging that onto one of your photos to see how it looks. Play around if you don't like it :laugh: (hope you don't mind me using your photo as an example)-

DSC_0085copy-1.jpg

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any questions! Good luck :laugh:

Edited by iltby

I don't comment individually... run out of compliments!!

What a talented bunch you all are !

It is so nice looking through, seeing the set-up shots, the gorgeous post processing, that shot which is asking to be captured, or the shots full of love...

Great way to spend some time !

Oh... and I am being rude! :3monkeys: I forgot to say thank you for the compliments on my photos :laugh:

Edited by persephone

I know i have already put todays photo up, but I just took some photos of Nemo, that I love.. :3monkeys:

Nemo is very special to me, he was the first marine fish I purchased four years ago, and he is the last fish from many marine fish that I have had. I took down my tank, but could not part with Nemo, so I keep this little tank going just for him. I have nursed Nemo back from near death, and I beleive that he and I share a special bond.

Anyway here is Nemo.

DSCN5761-1.jpg

and Nemo waving to me.... :laugh:

DSCN5774-1.jpg">

PM, what a gorgeous boofhead of a male budgie there. Lovely markings around the bib too. He looks like a show bird :3monkeys:

I have another wild parrot shot today. I am very fond of the 2 adult lorikeets who bring me a baby twice a year to show me and proud parents they are too. I can hear a baby in the tree and then one day, he'll appear with them at the nectar bowl. They don't roost in our big tree though. Once that baby matures, they start chasing him/her off and they are on their own to find their own territory. So far, they still let this one eat with them but she is feeding herself now.

I think this one is a little girl. She was back today with mum and dad after the cool change we had.

3199217890_fd6c1bd9da.jpg

Edited by Ripley

Quickly trying to get in by 12 and don't think I'll make it but here goes:

My fav. tree, next to the Elm and the Jacaranda:

Crepe Myrtle (Can't wait for it to lose it's annual bark)

IMG_2218.jpg

and another, maybe it's me, but this one made me laugh:

IMG_2215.jpg

Aquaticmal. loving the storm clouds.

Rocco- your sister is very accommodating :laugh::3monkeys:

Clickingmad.- great ambiance

Huga- very artistic

warley- beautiful landscape, love the dark clouds

ILTBY- I love your macros

Poocow- what a beautiful model

popsicle- ohh, I like that angle

lea- love the cuddling the teddy :laugh:

Jag- that sky is a gorgeous color, is that natural or PS? either way, very nice.

tlc- Wow :rofl: those photos are superb.

Kirislin- :laugh: loved the tucked in bum, hurry up mum and let us in, a bloody storm is coming!!!!

Blab- I love them fountains, love the color.

Poodle mum- what lovely colors, I especially love the dark blue on his cheeks.

Ripley- another great photo. The colours are so vivid

Jayc- :rofl: looks like two trees making out.

persephone- I love your calibration, you are very talented

Edited by Bindi~Boo

I must come here 10 times a day to see the updates. I love seeing what everyone has photographed it's a snapshot into our lives isn't it.

Ripley what do you feed the loris? What is nectar, I know they would naturally get it from flowers but what is the commercial nectar. I've had loris come here a couple of times and they just had a nibble of the bird seed but they haven't come back now since the last time I got pics of them. If I knew what to put out for them I would get some.