The Official January Photo A Day Challenge

Ashanali

Blabs been to ikea :hug:

:hug: Yes I love dog butt coat hooks so much I have them as a wall feature :hug:

Loving the photos guys - I love what everybody is doing with them!

Todays photo is really ordinary and has been photoshopped to buggery and back to show up T bone's face. My rechargable batteries are failing miserably and I'm only getting 6 or 7 shots before they die. I'll get some new ones tomorrow.

For today here's a picture of my very tired boys at the end of the day.

post-3856-1231931040_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went out for tea and took the camera with me. This bridge is across from the pub. I would have liked to spent more time on the subject but nooooooo OH made me hurry so I only had a few to choose from.

IMG_7790.jpg

IMG_7794.jpg

Loving all the pics guys. I think we have all come a long way in 14 days :hug:

I know I am starting to get the hang of using the camera and I am enjoying taking pics more. So that has to be a good thing.

Thanks Roc - big compliment, appreciate that. Your sister should model for a living, actually both of you are very attractive and photogenic. Not to forget the little fellas roc and Ralph. :hug:

Edited by JAG

It's late and I'm about to go to bed as I have to work so I will have a good look at all the photos tomorrow. On quick glance, it looks like the heat has inspired some, tomorrow is going to be a scorcher in NSW too.

Sorry, 2 days' worth here.

Last night. Taken on my walk - shopping mall carpark at twilight. This is pretty much straight raw shot with white balance cooled down a bit as I inadvertently had my camera set to ''daylight'' and I wanted a cooler tone. I used a grad filter on camera to darken the sky (best camera accessory I've bought). This is when the nice security guard asked me what I was doing and was fine when I told him it was for a photo a day posting. I should give him this link!

Lens: Sigma 17-70. f/16 and ISO 100

3195901999_46c271816d_o.jpg

Today's. Picked this Gardenia from our garden and placed it on a black mousepad. Natural light through a window indoors.

Quick b/w conversion by using greyscale mode and slight curves adjustment. Should have used a tripod but couldn't be bothered - photo taken as soon as I got home from work and hadn't even got changed :hug: .

Sigma 17-70 f/7.1, ISO 400

3195901949_8585d59f68.jpg

Edited by Ripley

Another day of great photos here. I wish there was smell attached to that gardenia!

Here's my early morning effort~

"Suburban Sunrise"

IMG_2204.jpg

and "Bungalow 6:24am" - just cos I liked the shadows & shapes.

IMG_2205.jpg

P.S. Animal Mad .... Yes she must have been about 7 months when you last saw her. Guess who's turning the big "1" next weekend!? (There's that day's photo taken care of!!)

TerraNik- love the pasta one, love the effects.

Jayc- that bungalow is great

Ripley- The Gardenia looks beautiful, very soft, and I love the drops of water on the petals.

ILTBY- That is so not abysmal :hug: it is a great Macro :hug:

Jag- good ol' suicide bridge. :hug: ( that is what we have named it), the second photo is very abstract, i love it.

Poocow- that is a great shot of the airedale, she looks so happy.

CM-That photo could easily be a professional photo for a doggy product.

Tlc- The original photo was taken on a deep red plate, and I messed around in Photobucket with the hue. :hug:

JAG - what a great moon shot! And that bridge, that looks a lot like the one at Morpeth, you don't live there do you?

Lea, I like that horse shot, looks like you had some nice lighting there and the church (?) in the background complements it.

rocco, very edgey as always. You have a great eye for people photos. How about a self portrait to give sis a break. :rolleyes:

ILTBY - I can tell you love your macro lens and you are finding some interesting subjects. Good stuff.

Clickingmad - chester is a character and you have a knack for bringing out his personality with the lens.

persephone, I love that red soil and full moon shot. It says 'Australia' to me. Like the composition too.

Other shots are full of colour and original subjects - DOLers really have an eye to spot opportunities.

I'm so blonde - today I took my camera to work, aimed it on the way to work to take a shot and .... no focus. Left the damn CF card out of it. :( :rolleyes:

JAG - what a great moon shot! And that bridge, that looks a lot like the one at Morpeth, you don't live there do you?

Thanks Ripley :laugh: That bridge!! Very close to Morpeth, just down the road at Hinton across the road from the pub :rolleyes: Nice spotting :( I live 10 mins away from Morpeth. Very popular place that!

Edit to add I had a chuckle at your card experience......been there done that :rolleyes:

Edited by JAG

Thanks Ripley :laugh: That bridge!! Very close to Morpeth, just down the road at Hinton across the road from the pub :rolleyes: Nice spotting :( I live 10 mins away from Morpeth. Very popular place that!

Edit to add I had a chuckle at your card experience......been there done that :laugh:

Wouldn't it rot your socks re the CF card? :rolleyes: There is a storm rolling in from the sea, I can see it from our skyscraper window.

I know where Hinton is. I spent my teenage years just north of Paterson on a property :D Mum lives 5 mins away from Morpeth now.

ETA: JAG, I think our school bus used to cross that very bridge!

Edited by Ripley

Bindi - thanks :rolleyes: :(

Ripley - it's really fabulous, I rarely take it off :rolleyes:

It's so so hot today, I'm really struggling to get outside, so will see how I go with today's photo...

ETA: Lea your brother is a spunk!

Edited by iltby

Ripley

I know where Hinton is. I spent my teenage years just north of Paterson on a property Mum lives 5 mins away from Morpeth now.
Great area to grow up in I would imagine. Such a lovely country feel and the people are just lovely. We have only been here 7 years but absolutly love it. We are nearer Seaham :laugh:

Very rugged and masculine looking. Great shot Lea :rolleyes:

Persephone have you tried focusing on their eyes or beak? I am no expert but what I have read suggests that as it is a solid part of the bird the focus is more accurate. Happy to be corrected :cool: They are lovely pics and I love how you have arranged them. We don't get those lovely little birds here only cockatoos, magpies, minors, plovers (grrr) sometimes eastern rosellas and corellas (double grrr).

I have noticed a lot of you use a black frame around your pics. Where are you getting these from? And no it isn't the one that is system generated when the pic is reduced :thumbsup:

here is yesterday's 'Moonset'

both straight off-camera.

brilliant!

Here's my pic for yesterday. It was bloody hot and I've tried to capture that here. I've increased the exposure, brightness and contrast on this one to try to make it convey the way it feels to look at the sky on a hot day.

white hot :rofl:

Mine for today, I went on a special outing to our gardens, didnt get any real fab ones but I couldnt decide between the two of these the first one was a small water feature and I liked how the droplets of water looked in this particular one, I have edited this a bit in PS, The second one I caught a duck fishing :thumbsup: I did change the color a lot in the duck one, it looks way better than the original.Both Taken on the D80

14th January

Great water themed pics, those droplets are so clear, and I love the colour in the duck butt shot, 'specially the feet :o

Finally got my photos off my camera..

Yesterday

purple ears to match the collar is so pretty, that first pic is very cute :cool:

Lovely Little Gentleman:

I Eat Your Camera *nom nom*:

I like both these :rofl: I've taken one or two this month of Chester giving me a wave ... I really should start an out-takes thread

Ice melting...........

looks like a slug :laugh:

beautiful lighting and colour on the horse, and I like the soft focussed church building as the back-drop too :rofl:

Last night. Taken on my walk - shopping mall carpark at twilight. This is pretty much straight raw shot with white balance cooled down a bit as I inadvertently had my camera set to ''daylight'' and I wanted a cooler tone. I used a grad filter on camera to darken the sky (best camera accessory I've bought). This is when the nice security guard asked me what I was doing and was fine when I told him it was for a photo a day posting. I should give him this link!

I like the car park lights and horizon colours

"Suburban Sunrise"

good one, perfectly titled too :rolleyes:

lea - your brother looks great in black and white, and it's a nice expressive shot!

thanks for the comments on Chester and my pics :) may actually get today's up before 10:30pm tonight ... yah!