The Official January Photo A Day Challenge

Ashanali

Nice ones Jag. I know what you mean about the moon, I took some last night, they were ok, that reminds me I must post some inthe moon and stars thread, some of the moon pics on here are so good almost like 3 dimentional!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doggies, kids, flowers, sunsets, objects and more - gorgeous pics.

Sorry here are 2 days' worth as we didn't get home from hiking until after 10pm last night. Anybody heard of Newnes? Lovely little spot in the middle of absolutely nowhere out of Lithgow.

Sunday's photos:

Dark clouds from approaching storm were rolling in on the way back from Newnes. I nearly got my head blown off taking this shot and then it started to really bucket down.

3191323342_118dfd0573.jpg

Stop the car! I jumped out and took this one before the storm hit.

3190470557_2b70e00a92.jpg

Today's photo - quite boring. Krispy Kremes. Bought them on the way home from hiking yesterday as I needed a sugar rush.

3190470645_bf064283da.jpg

Edited by Ripley

ooh Ripley, my heart skipped a beat when I saw your pics! In 1996 I took my two horses all the way from here(Yarra Valley) up to the base of Barrington tops and turned for home. I rode through that country with those spectacular rock formations, I rode through the Widden Valley, over Nullo mountain and down into Glen Alice, and camped at Glen Davis, your pics have to be somewhere close to there, I am sure, is that where you live, if so put the guest sheets on the bed!! :)

The three of us never got all the way home but of what we saw, that part was my favourite.

Edited by Kirislin

ooh Ripley, my heart skipped a beat when I saw your pics! In 1996 I took my two horses all the way from here(Yarra Valley) up to the base of Barrington tops and turned for home. I rode through that country with those spectacular rock formations, I rode through the Widden Valley, over Nullo mountain and down into Glen Alice, and camped at Glen Davis, your pics have to be somewhere close to there, I am sure, is that where you live, if so put the guest sheets on the bed!! :thumbsup:

The three of us never got all the way home but of what we saw, that part was my favourite.

No, I live around Sydney. We went to the above spot on Sunday - left around 7.30am to get there. We did the glow worm tunnel at Lithgow, it's amazing in there as you cannot see because it's pitch black, so fumble (stumble) along with a torch and then turn it off and see all these flouro glowing worms that look like stars. Then we went to The Lost City which looks like ancient ruins but is rock formations and then we drove along an unsealed road to Newnes so that photo was taken just out of Newnes on the way back to Lithgow. Hence why we got home at 10pm!

ETA: I just googled for you and we were around Capetree Valley area, in the Wollemi Nat Park. Wolgan Valley. I don't think it's all that far from Mudgee!

Edited by Ripley

My 13th Photo

"41 Degrees"

I've just got home from work and it is not good. Was 28 already when I left home at 6:30 this morning at 35 at work by 9am!! Otherhalf is in CFS and is working at the radio room, hoping like heck nothing happens.

I'm trying to think what to do for todays pic, whatever I decide it will be indoors!!!