The Official January Photo A Day Challenge

Ashanali

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've really enjoyed this thread, sad it's the last day, but looking forward to the treasure hunt.

I actually took this one yesterday after I had put up my photos but I like this bug shot the best of all the ones I attempted so I thought I would put it up as well.

IMG_2429.jpg

Here's todays.

A daisy after a rain shower.

daisy.jpg

And the same daisy. When I looked at it in actual size I noticed one raindrop has caught a reflection of another flower. So this is the cropped version to show the raindrop.

reflection.jpg

thanks Josie, she is my heart dog. :thumbsup:

I am thinking that maybe Bindi is crossed with kelpie. She came from Tamworth way.

Oh yeah, I can definitely see Kelpie in there. We think Scarlet is crossed with Greyhound.

4 today, gotta make the most of the last day :provoke: -

Bloody butterfly landed 2 metres above my head making it really hard to take :D

IMG_44322.jpg

Trying something different-

IMG_44302.jpg

Scarlet escaping from the heat-

IMG_44572.jpg

Chelsea lying in the direct sun, stupid dog :p -

IMG_44502.jpg

I tried some self portraits today of me with each of my doggies, I changed them to sepia, not sure if I like the color version better, I tried to get them all the same tonings but not quite up with it yet to figure out how to get the same effect each time.

P1100512edit-1.jpg

P1100476edit-1.jpg

P1100525edit-1.jpg

edit-1.jpg

montall - cool catch with the flower in the droplet :thumbsup:

hahaha tlc - same again!

I'd planned from about the 2nd week to take a pic of Chester and me on the last day - other than that I really didn't have much of a clue on how to execute it :p

after a few different set-ups this was the best I could manage :provoke:

btw: I was thinking a title like: "I'm a Chess Nutter" because I'm wearing a t-shirt that says "Nutter" but you can't really see that in any of the shots I got ... but I like this one 'cause I found out that if I giggled just before the shutter went he wagged his tail :rofl:

3239913907_98f427ca4c.jpg

:D

Awww, fabulous self portraits everyone! I don't know how you do it, all my attempts with Chelsea were abysmal :thumbsup: I should try again now that I have a tripod. CM, the wagging tail and his expression are so cute.

Josie, you are so clever at taking the photo at the right time.

tlc, those photos are adorable, you can see the love between you and your dogs.

CM, love it! Both you and tlc should print these photos out and frame them.

Gosh maybe I should play around doing one.... :thumbsup: be warned it wont be pretty.

I'd planned from about the 2nd week to take a pic of Chester and me on the last day - other than that I really didn't have much of a clue on how to execute it :rofl:

after a few different set-ups this was the best I could manage :provoke:

btw: I was thinking a title like: "I'm a Chess Nutter" because I'm wearing a t-shirt that says "Nutter" but you can't really see that in any of the shots I got ... but I like this one 'cause I found out that if I giggled just before the shutter went he wagged his tail :rofl:

Are you able to tell me how you did take it? :D I just had a go, I think I took about 100, the majority of which were terrible :rofl: Some were nice of the dogs but appalling of me.

Josie, you are so clever at taking the photo at the right time.

tlc, those photos are adorable, you can see the love between you and your dogs.

CM, love it! Both you and tlc should print these photos out and frame them.

Gosh maybe I should play around doing one.... :thumbsup: be warned it wont be pretty.

Thanks BB :p My patience has certainly improved with photography, hehe.

CM Love the self portrait and the movment of Chesters tail, very well done!! Id be interested to know how you went about it to, mine were easy being close ups, all I did was have the camera at the right height and used my free hand to press the shutter release, i actually toom mine with my panasonic fz50 as I tried with the Nikon but no matter what I did I couldnt get it to focus, all shots were blurry. So back to the good old Pana, not an slr and no as crisp but still a absolute ripper of a camera.

Ok remember you were warned.... :thumbsup:

Now I have no make up on, have not brushed hair as I have just washed it and left it to dry..

I title this....God its hard to get a photo with a staffy, when you sit on the floor and all they want to do is play with you.. :provoke:

100NIKON1-1.jpg">

Edited by Bindi~Boo