Do You Have Any Of Your Own Pictures Displayed In Your House?

ruthless

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heaps

dogs on fridge, a whole wall of dog happy snaps from my old 35mm film camera that are laminated, a few framed holiday photos that I got enlarged - but to a size that it is hard to find the right frames for so I have another dozen or so printed but in waiting, and I have a drawing in a photo frame of Chester as a puppy that I did (I'm not particularly drawing-talented but I like it just the same) and some smaller frames with old dog and cat pics and a couple of my work dog.

I've given photos away as gifts too, mostly my parents and family.

I print photos at home sometimes and I plan on printing the good ones from the January challenge and some non-dog ones, actually I've already printed a couple of large size ones of the HDR stuff I did for the 1st :D

these are the holiday ones (2007 holiday to Russia) I have up at the moment in frames ... they were all taken with my small point'n'shoot digital camera and are photobucketed ( :rofl: )

TheHermitageinside04.jpg

StPetesmonumentpark03.jpg

StBasilsMoscow03.jpg

Vilniusacrosstheriver.jpg

KadriorgPchandelier01.jpg

and this one needs a frame

Suzdalmoonthruspires.jpg

:D

It's funny looking at these, the one thing my brother told me when I asked for feedback on the photos I was doing for the canon photo5 comp last year, that has really stuck with me is: "everything is smack bang in the middle" ... most of these photos show that too :laugh: ... especially that last one if I could take it again I wouldn't center it so much

I haven't printed any out, yet alone put any up. I'm so slack as I have so many photos to go through on a portable drive from many places and it's too overwhelming. I am going to get a pbase account to display favourite photos so I can just send the link to friends and family instead of them asking if they can see some photos.

My mother wants a photo I showed her of a highland cow as she loves them so I will do that one this weekend for her. The only photos I have displayed are at work to brighten up a boring wall behind me. They are one I took of monelite's Rex that I gave her and one I bought from a DOLer's website as I like landscape and wildlife images the best. Hmm, I also promised a highland cow photo to jbbb so she can paint one as she does lovely animal paintings.

CM, I know what you mean. I look at the photos my OH took from a trip 2 years back (I had no interest in taking photos at all 2 years ago so he had the camera the entire trip) and I just think, what missed opportunities for a great shot there. Plus we had that crappy soft kit lens on the camera too. Ah well.

Edited by Ripley

We have a very nice colour laser printer at work that the office manager lets me use to print my photos on (at A4 size no less) for 9c a page...

I have a few of those A4 display books with photos printed at work so far... and my boss actually bought a couple of prints done this way for $5 each - she wanted to pay $10 each, but I thought that was a bit steep seeing as I only pay 9c to print them... *grin*

I have quite a few of my own photos on my wall at work - my co-workers love looking at my babies... and everyone has one of my photos as their computer desktop too...

I really have to find some nice frames and put some up around the house methinks - but the fridge is off limits - that's where my neighbour's little boy's artwork goes!

T.

My first thought was of couse I do! I have heaps of pictures of my dogs printed and framed! Then I realised they are mainly agility and retrieving photo's, none of which I actually take myself 'cause I'm running the dog :cry: A friend gives me pics from trials of my boys and I give her pics of her dogs.

I did recently frame in one of those 3 photo's frames with these three pics.

2819689990_05528625d1_m.jpg3225886745_7c6fdd9757_m.jpg3225886741_54b1e2a329_m.jpg

And I have a poorly framed copy of this

1352751230_a6de3a9825_m.jpg

I have a few drawings and paintings of my dogs in my lounge room that my father did. Here's a couple.

FlynnNMe.jpg

bodie1-1.jpg

Edited by FHRP

Oh I love the paintings your dad did. The first thing I was reminded if with the child cuddling the puppy was Lucien Freud although there's something a bit icky about his, he paints naked men with whippets. I wish I came from an artistic family. I think a few family members have talent there but I dont think they've really awakened it. Can we see more of what your dad has done. Has he sold his work, I hope so.

I don't have any of my photos on the wall (and have had comments like why not :laugh: )

My sister has photos of my niece I have taken framed though.

What I do have is a beautiful pastel painting of one of the pups from my first litter, painted by his owner, and a canvas of Chazer taken by a photographer friend.

I would love to get a painting of Bella

I would also love to get a photo book made if anyone has suggestions of good places

Edited by helen