Ashanali

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Night lights

Okay, this is a pretty crappy photo, taken on my mobile phone, but it's my daughters softball game under lights tonight. She made it to 3rd base on a bunt! :p She also got two people in front of her home

The official treasure hunt list:

home portrait vegetable look up! water mobile glass/es night lights music child old landscape/streetscape eyes

mineral key best friend collections pink dance tree

and for those who are wanting to extend the challenge - after you have your first 20, you can tackle these next eight:

food stamp car drama secret something you leave behind shapes shadow

post-806-1234012518_thumb.jpg

Edited by j

Aquamal, That is brilliant with the car lights. Can you tell me how you did that? What settings on your camera? Pllleeeaaaase!!!!!!! :p

ILTBY, Beautiful birdie shots, I love the "what'd you say" one the best, looks like he is singing :laugh:

Pointblab, awwwwww, cute pic, great photo!

DD, what a cute pig!!!!!!

J, Great shot!, you can feel the atmosphere.

Kirislin, How did you go? I hope you are safe and sound.

Aquamal, That is brilliant with the car lights. Can you tell me how you did that? What settings on your camera? Pllleeeaaaase!!!!!!! :p

Thanks Bindi :laugh:

I set my camera (Canon 20D) to the manual mode TV (Shutter Priority), bumped my ISO down to 100 and set my shutter speed to 15" (15 seconds). You need a tripod but I cheated and used the park bench for the boat and I found a meter box to put my camera on for the street shot. If you need more of an explination on how to change the values let me know :laugh:

Now i've figured out how to do long exposure shots i'm going to go out to the freeway overpass next and then into town to get some nice bridge shots - should be fun!

Kirislin doesn't have internet (or didn't when I spoke to her on the phone earlier).

She was still ok at home but was going to a town meeting at 10am this morning.

She had managed to move her horse to a Pony Club grounds in the early

hours.

Aquamal, That is brilliant with the car lights. Can you tell me how you did that? What settings on your camera? Pllleeeaaaase!!!!!!! :rofl:

Thanks Bindi :cry:

I set my camera (Canon 20D) to the manual mode TV (Shutter Priority), bumped my ISO down to 100 and set my shutter speed to 15" (15 seconds). You need a tripod but I cheated and used the park bench for the boat and I found a meter box to put my camera on for the street shot. If you need more of an explination on how to change the values let me know :cry:

Now i've figured out how to do long exposure shots i'm going to go out to the freeway overpass next and then into town to get some nice bridge shots - should be fun!

Thankyou I cant wait to try it out now. :rofl:

Kirislin doesn't have internet (or didn't when I spoke to her on the phone earlier).

She was still ok at home but was going to a town meeting at 10am this morning.

She had managed to move her horse to a Pony Club grounds in the early

hours.

Thank you Chezzyr, for keeping us updated, am glad that she got her horse to safety. I feel so sorry for all these people and animals affected by these horrific fires.

This photo is two combined together. Was really hard to think of something to do with child, as my boys are men now, and were not interested when I asked them if they would put on a nappy and play on the floor. :rofl:

So I pulled out my eldest sons' Christening Dress, hung it on the line outside and took some photos of it. Then looked through photo albums to find a photo of his Christening, took a photo of that.

Played around in photoshop and come up with this. :rofl:

childphotoshop-1-1.jpg">

And here was I thinking you were just a youngster Bindi Boo, yet you have grown children. :rofl:

Love the Christening gown.

We have a christening gown that has been in my mums family for many generations. All my siblings and I were christened in it, mum and her siblings were all christened in it, her mum and siblings were christened in it.

Mum has 14 Grandchildren and 1 Great grandchild. Only one of them has been christened (and that was a rush service in hospital when it was thought she would die) so it hasn't been worn since I was christened. :cry: Poor form of us. Don't even know why my sister bothered with having her daughter christened, even though they thought she was going to die. Not like they follow or practice any other religious traditions. :rofl:

Sorry I'm not going to comment on every pic, but I think they have all been really creative and clever and I'm loving them all so far :(

minimum - I really like your nightlight tree pic :(

pps - very cute "tree" and "pink" shots!

helen - I like your "tree" pic, lovely feel

jag - cool moon shot! :rofl:

darien - I like your "old" pic and water and eyes! And some cool ideas with the others :)

montall - the swirl of water down the sink is cool

terranik - beautiful blue eyes (how'd you get the "stars" in the eyes?) ... dance and water :rofl: Love the look on Ashoka's face in the shell pool lol

tlc - cool car, so shiny and I like the shadowed reflection of the houseline in the red one :cry:

lea - I love your "home" shot and totally laughed out loud with "what you leave behind" :cry: brilliant! ... and I like your 1st attempt with "best friends", and in the 2nd your daughter looks like she is having a lot of fun with it!

twospirit - I like your music shot. Is that a texture underlaid with the notes?

poodlemum - I really love your "look up" shot! Fantastic colours and light!

dieseldog - lovely "best friend" shot, 2 of my favourite doggies ... good one with the water too! I too wish I could get a shot like that

bindi-boo - we've lost half of your shots early on ;) ... great idea for music and I like what you've done with the shot ... I pulled out some tapes last month for a listen ... how ancient hahaha you could have that as your "old" shot too lol ... I like your 2nd "child" shot, great idea too

rocco - fantastic shots as always!!! I particular enjoy the "best friends" and "mobile"

aquaticmal - I love long exposures, good job with the passing cars shot! I like your earlier contributions too!

iltby - I like your mobile comment ... nice bird shots at the feeder, those guys are so small and quick ... and I'm still a fan of the "pink" pic ;)

j - love your pink pics ... "moderate rock" :o I can't help but think of a Nirvana song with those words ... good idea for the nightlights and great work by your daughter :(

poocow - love your music shot ... Top actually looks like he's enjoying whatever it is he's listening to ... very creative too!

chezzyr - thanks for the update on Kirislin, let her know we're thinking about her here!

I hope to have some more up soon ...

Edited by Clicking Mad

terranik - beautiful blue eyes (how'd you get the "stars" in the eyes?) ... dance and water :rofl: Love the look on Ashoka's face in the shell pool lol

Thanks... I assume you mean my pupils being star-shaped? I have no idea!!!!!! They just turned out that way off the camera! I hadn't actually noticed until you pointed it out. I was standing in front of the window with the full sun shining in, but the window is that privacy glass stuff, so maybe it changed the refraction of light or something?!!? I don't know!

And here was I thinking you were just a youngster Bindi Boo, yet you have grown children. :(

Love the Christening gown.

We have a christening gown that has been in my mums family for many generations. All my siblings and I were christened in it, mum and her siblings were all christened in it, her mum and siblings were christened in it.

Mum has 14 Grandchildren and 1 Great grandchild. Only one of them has been christened (and that was a rush service in hospital when it was thought she would die) so it hasn't been worn since I was christened. ;) Poor form of us. Don't even know why my sister bothered with having her daughter christened, even though they thought she was going to die. Not like they follow or practice any other religious traditions. :rofl:

:cry: I will take that as a compliment, J. :rofl: I am 42 :o though I am very immature for my age :wink:

The Christening Gown was made by me, using a flower girl dress I wore when I was only 4. ;) My son was a boofy 9 month old in a dress. :cry: