The Official March Challenge Thread

ruthless

Sorry guys, have been really slack with participating over the past few days :laugh: Health has been very bad.

Here's a bit of a catch-up-

A for attention whore :laugh: -

IMG_2798.jpg

J for just missed it :thumbsup::laugh: -

IMG_2806.jpg

H for Hot Husky-

IMG_2911.jpg

X for exhausted mutt :) -

IMG_2899.jpg

And R for ready to catch it! -

IMG_2886.jpg

Off to check out everyone's photos :laugh:

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Eza, gorgeous shots of your dogs :laugh:

Ruth, snuggles is too cute for words! Absolutely love the DOF :laugh: Overenthusiastic is hilarious, too.

Roc, losing kilos is priceless :) I love it. 102 years old is incredible, too.

Darien, really lovely dolphin shot. Great waterscape, too!

Lea, your shot of the moon is just brilliant. Really love walk, too, your daughter dresses very interestingly :)

DD, fabulous idea with the apples, I have no idea how you managed to got them to balance :scold:

Clover, love your bark shot :laugh: Elvis is a spunk. Loyal is really lovely too, I love that they're both looking up at you :laugh:

AM, stalk is fabulous!

J, love the Eric Clapton shot, such a shame you had your camera confiscated :thumbsup:

Bindi, really lovely shots of your great aunt, quiet moment is just gorgeous.

Nik, quoi is so insanely cute!

CM, long exposure is awesome! The one of your backyard is great too :rofl:

ILTBY, i love J. i think its perfect, some times you dont need the whole image to get the picture. :):laugh:

CM, beautiful expression in O, i can see the content in her face. the look they give when they think they have been clever. :laugh: Orange is part of an elaborate decoration on top of a building.

Roc, love the paw, and im so glad the drool is ALL yours. :laugh: Thank you for you complements too. :scold:

BB, beautiful shots of you Aunty. very warming.

Animalmad, W, i can feel the emotion in this photo, gosh, even i want that biscuit. :):thumbsup:

Nic, not sure if i believe Q, after meeting the little princess. :laugh::rofl: its a stunning shot.

Edited by lea

I've posted the first one in another thread already, but I'm adding it here too cause I feel like I'll never reach the end otherwise! :rofl:

V is for vicious!

3350281954_a60caa4082.jpg

H is for hole

3349514921_f4ff3cefa5.jpg

R is for red bits!

3350370824_c7cc04869a.jpg

Who knew taking self portraits in low light with a shallow DOF was so hard?!! Especially when your tripod's a piece of shit! :rolleyes:

Hi all ;)

I am following these photo challenges and i'm so impressed by ALL of the work !

I would comment on every single photo if i had the chance.. such a wonderful collection from all contributing (i'm too chicken) :p

Rocco i want to say I am a HUGE fan ! Ur photography always touches me.. makes me feel sumthing ! Amazing !

(Do i see Ralphs paw/foot sneaking into the Rocs pic.. prob trying to eat that drool.. :rofl: lol)

:p Thanking you and yep Ralph was all over that slinger. He loves them. :rolleyes:

Very Safe :) :D

I have to ask is that a North Canberra/Queanbeyan game or Boomerangs/Queanbeyan or have I really missed the mark???? Been so long since I played in the ACT.

It was North Canberra v Woden at the ACT championships on the long weekend (though most of the girls were wearing boomerangs knicker bockers as most of them play for boomers and we didn't want to buy ANOTHER uniform. Only had to buy hat and shirt for that one :eek: )

Who did you play for and when?

ILTBY, i love J. i think its perfect, some times you dont need the whole image to get the picture. :laugh::confused:

Aww, thanks Lea! Yeah, I guess you're right :cry:

LP, I concur with Ash, sad is really lovely :cry: It has great DOF.

thanks for the comments all

that "O" box trick is so useful! Some of my favourite shots have been taken using that box (there's actually 2 boxes), the dogs love them and the trick and I can put them anywhere in my yard, I have Jamie jumping from one to the other as in "J" and they can pirouette or spin on them, Chester regularly sits there throwing waves at me while I'm out having a coffee! And I've been able to generalise the behaviour to other "box-like objects" while out and about if need be :confused:

iltby - nice in your face "A"ttention whore :D ... I've got that frisbee, it's actually the best one I've had before, so easy to throw it right, and easy on the dogs mouths :laugh: I took some frisbee shots this morning, so I could get a good pant outta Jamie :cool:

ruthless - love the v and cool self-portraits - nice red!

aquaticmal - looks like a fun weekend ... beautiful palomino :o

leo - good to see you join in, I love "sad" too! And Leo looks extra fluffy :o

"P" is for pant - after the frisbee session on the cool tiles. I was going to go for more movement in this shot, but it wasn't working and something came up, but I like how her ears go back and her eyes half close when she pants :D ... I was originally going to go with a peaches for "P" shot, as the dogs (Chester particularly, but I'm sure Jamie gave him the idea) have been gorging on peaches from the neighbours tree ... I swear they went through an excess of 500 peaches within a fortnight :cry: ... but they seem to have finally dried up thankfully

3350181843_cbed3825e9.jpg

"Q" is for quad (as in 4 paws)

3351008886_7ccae7514b.jpg

"R" is for reflection - in through one of the kitchen windows out into the yard (I think I prefer colour with this, but the colour version I have uploaded is not as good composition-wise)

3349123654_7b902377ca.jpg

"S" is for silhouette

3340258159_1994f47439.jpg

and in case I don't come up with something better:

"T" is for icky-frisbee-Tongue

3350179823_60f85e6f17.jpg

:cry:

Very Safe :cry::confused:

I have to ask is that a North Canberra/Queanbeyan game or Boomerangs/Queanbeyan or have I really missed the mark???? Been so long since I played in the ACT.

It was North Canberra v Woden at the ACT championships on the long weekend (though most of the girls were wearing boomerangs knicker bockers as most of them play for boomers and we didn't want to buy ANOTHER uniform. Only had to buy hat and shirt for that one :laugh: )

Who did you play for and when?

Many moons ago, Boomers, QBN, All A grade then the ACT team U16's and U18's. Also North Canberra when I was at school. I did my shoulder in and could no longer play :cry:

Sorry for the OT people :cool:

more from me. One is an old one - but I really liked it so added it in :laugh:

First time I've used Av on *most* of the shots (some were taken last week)

A for Apples:

apples1.jpg

B for Buddah (not happy with the lighting for this one :cry: )

budda.jpg

C for cuddles (cute, but not really artistic :confused:)

cuddles.jpg

E for Eyes (this is the old one)

aussieeyes.jpg

F for flowers:

flowers.jpg

L for Leaves:

leaves.jpg

V for Vase (not totally happy with the lighting for this either)

vase2.jpg

Hope you like 'em!