The Official March Challenge Thread

ruthless

j - wow that gate is really curious :birthday: ... love the sparkler! is that just 1 sparkler or many? and how did you take it, slow exposure?

staffordlove - love that T for tall shot

gila - incognito :cheer: ... I was considering going to the dictionary for "I" inspirations too :cheer:

clover - fantastic trippy pic, is that a zoom-out during exposure-type shot? I've tried that a couple of times but they weren't that good :rofl:

iltby - obscure is fantastic :thumbsup: ... I like the Megalong Valley pics too - gotta love a dally :scold: ... ooo I love "dangerous" I love the darkness of it :eek:

animalmad - love your dog :)

rocco - don't get me started on mobile phones ... your sister (I presume) looks quite appropriately sad in that shot, while lunch gets ignored :thumbsup:

lea - I like your "g" for great view :laugh: ... ooo lea, you got a fish-eye lens? :laugh:

diesel - cool dude dog :laugh:

bindi-boo - love your telephone booth :rofl: ... and the "star of the silverscreen" well done on how the whites of the eyes stand out!

okay I'm up to "I" and I have nothing, so this is what will have to do

"I" for "in the way" - Chester keeps standing between Jamie and I when I go to take off-the-cuff type shots of her ... he'll just meander over and stand in the way or whatever :mad

this isn't the best in this series (I hope to come up with another "I" idea before the months end) but I reckon you'll get the idea ;)

3332720034_8d53978ec0.jpg

and J is for jump

3332719648_8c3acf36d2.jpg

:cool:

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ILTBY, perhaps D should have been W.

W for wonderful!

Rocco and Bindi, i really loved both of your W photos as well. Great DOF on the white shoes.

Animal mad, love the expression on your dog.

Clover, love the freaky photo, whether you meant it or not, its great.

Thanks so much Lea, I really appreciate that :cheer: I'm very happy with the shot - wish it was less noisy though.

ILtby, I think you described that photo wonderfully. It does look dangerously en capturing.

DD, great photos, hilarious with diesel and his wig. :laugh:

Lea, those photos are great, beautiful shapes, colours, and the one with the dummy is fantastic, it freaks me a bit. :rofl:

Thanks BB...I just couldn't think of an appropriate title for it. I want something very scary.

iltby - obscure is fantastic :thumbsup: ... I like the Megalong Valley pics too - gotta love a dally :mad ... ooo I love "dangerous" I love the darkness of it :cheer:

okay I'm up to "I" and I have nothing, so this is what will have to do

"I" for "in the way" - Chester keeps standing between Jamie and I when I go to take off-the-cuff type shots of her ... he'll just meander over and stand in the way or whatever :thumbsup:

this isn't the best in this series (I hope to come up with another "I" idea before the months end) but I reckon you'll get the idea :cool:

and J is for jump

:birthday:

Thanks so much CM! I thought you might be a fan of the Dally :laugh: I love the dark quality of Dangerous too, am annoyed I can't think what to title it.

Absolutely love that jump shot, awesome capture :laugh: Love the 'in the way' shot too, Scarlet does the same thing :scold:

BB, really like the old kettle, I took a similar one at that trail ride lodge the other day but it wasn't nearly as interesting.

Lea, love the experimentation with perspective.

Edited by iltby

J, really awesome capture, I like the editing :laugh:

Thanks for that. Love the intrigue of your dangerous shot

Kettle

I love that kettle. I know what I will do with all my old ones now :cry:

j - wow that gate is really curious :( ... love the sparkler! is that just 1 sparkler or many? and how did you take it, slow exposure?

One sparkler, long exposure (another first for me - learning every day!)

Lea, very different angles :thumbsup: :D

CM, love the In the way photo, too cute. :)

PooCow, All those photos are great, but I love the one with Darcy in his bee outfit. He is Beeeeeautiful. :rofl:

Thanks for the great comments guys, :cool: With the kettle, I had to double back when I saw it, :rofl: very funky.

I was allowed to tag along as a second shooter for a very awesome and talented photography studio :D in the weekend, photographing a wedding. I had such a great time. :thumbsup:

A few from the day. :cool:

I_Innocent

3336838566_ab1bd68fda.jpg

O_something old something new

3337278956_7bd3034981.jpg

N_New shoes

3337277142_7b403510af.jpg

P_Piano

3336835486_6a6ea2b1d8.jpg

Edited by Rocco1

Rocco they are very good. Very professional.

Ashanali, I looked up words starting with x and I could find nothing that went with my photos I had taken yesterday and today. The chances of my coming across a xylophone are nil. So I had to use my imagination. :thumbsup:

Rocco has done an EXTREMELY good job with her shooting on Saturday. The photos have far exceeded almost all other second shooters we have had with us - including trained and experienced photographers.

Nothing beats having a natural eye for composition. Rocco rocks! :)

Bindi - awesome pics!!

Rocco - the new shoes shot is wonderful! Glad you got out and look to have had a good time :) Awesome experience, I'm jealous!

poocow - vibrant set!

I've been in chaos-land for the last couple of days so have slacked off a bit. I think I'm up to...

I is for Insect Repellent...hubby decided to light a whole bunch of citronella things last night...at one stage I thought we might get I for Inferno because he had these flaming things hanging under the shade cloth, but it was averted!

IMG_2871.jpg

J is for juxtaposition

IMG_2453.jpg