Im Fully Spewing !

rish

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then with being told that Leigh didnt have to have her belly pumped,and them not finding the bur,i was angry

Maybe you need to ask more questions of your vet next time so you understand what is being done for your dog, and why.

And, next time your dog is in pain, do something about immediately. Please.

From one of the OP's other threads (probably do not need to keep starting new ones on the same subjects) - she was only charged $32 for the 'pumping' - stormie has pointed out that this was probably just for a tablet to induce vomiting - so not stomach pumping as most would understand the term to mean.

Rish, it's just that you were slandering your vet on a public forum, yet they have done nothing wrong.

I'm sorry you think people were jumping on you, but I don't think it's fair to give the name and details of the vet you are claiming to have done wrong, on a public forum. All they were doing is their job and trying to do the best thing by your dog. They may very well have found the burr on further examination. And they were right to make your dog throw up the aspirin tablet - its better to be safe than sorry, right?

Yes,far better to be safe.

I posted that p/number and name because it was stated that the vet wasn't real.

After getting off the phone (after i had posted) i can even understand why/how they missed the bur,especially having found that she has dermatis and red feet.

(the red is between the toe area)

I hope thsi thread just die's

Rish, it's just that you were slandering your vet on a public forum, yet they have done nothing wrong.

I'm sorry you think people were jumping on you, but I don't think it's fair to give the name and details of the vet you are claiming to have done wrong, on a public forum. All they were doing is their job and trying to do the best thing by your dog. They may very well have found the burr on further examination. And they were right to make your dog throw up the aspirin tablet - its better to be safe than sorry, right?

Hi Rish

I guess the main lesson to take away from all this is that YOU are your dog's best advocate. Not your vet, not anyone else here. Some of the things you've posted inadvertently go against the main aims and goals of this forum. It's okay. You're still learning...and that's a good thing! Please stick around, because there are a lot of friendly, knowledgable people here who are more than happy to help you with your dogs.

In order to be the best possible advocate for your dogs, you need to make sure you know as much as you can about them. If one of them is limping, then get down on the floor and find out why :thumbsup: If the dog wriggles around, and scratches - well, clip its claws and teach it gently to behave when being handled by you :laugh: Remember - they don't automatically know what we expect of them. You are your dogs' educator, as well as their carer. How will your dog know what you expect if you don't teach it?

Go online. Come to forums like this and ask for advice on specific training issues...one at a time. Keep your posts simple, and state up-front a clear outcome. That way, people can be specific with their advice. Read as much as you can. Learn about what makes your dogs tick and why. That way, you will be better armed when your vet asks you about treatment options. You might even end up saving yourself some money, because you'll have more of an idea what's wrong when problems arise, and what treatments are available.

Probably also best to remember that what you post in a public forum stays public :( Everyone has days when they need to vent or blow off steam. But be careful what you say, because it can always be misinterpreted, especially if your posts are not clear. Take your time when posting - and people here will take their time to answer :)

OK- I'll put up my hand for saying a stomach pump out MAY have been unneccessary

I thought Leigh would weigh around 12 kg or so... and now someone said she only weighs about 7 kg?

Well, a vomit/flush out was probably a good thing then .

apologies.

I am starting to think this vet is fictional.
(after quoting me)

If you have been able to make head or tail out these posts, well good on you. To the rest of us they are rambling, repetitive, illogical, illegible and nonsensical.

Quite frankly, I am surprised people did not start calling out the "T" word long ago.

Yes her posts are difficult to follow, but that doesn't necessarily prove her to be a liar or a troll.

If "all of the rest of you" all have the same opinion of this particular poster and/or style of communicating, go for it, doesn't worry me. However it doesn't mean I'll necessarily join the bandwagon personally :) x

;) Spare me. Nobody has suggested they are a liar or a troll. People have just trying to make sense of the posts they have made.

Join what bandwagon? Do whatever you like. Doesn't worry me, perhaps you will let us try and get back on topic now

Spare you? Actually you suggested she was a liar (fictional vet) and a troll (the T word.) However I never told you off for doing so, just said that I don't personally agree.

I have no issue with you or others either questioning the OP or advising her how to better look after her pets. You have the right to your opinion and response and can communicate however you like.

However I also have that right.

To the OP - you may find things go a bit easier if (a) you make it clear in the title and sub-title of the thread what you are posting about

(b) you try to spell and structure your sentences clearly

© you can vent all you like but it's always a good idea to take at least partial responsibility if/when you are partly to blame. (Sounds like a dud vet, but also sounds like it would have been better if you'd found the burr right away.)

Oh and if you've had enough of this thread you can always ask Troy to delete it :rofl: x

OK- I'll put up my hand for saying a stomach pump out MAY have been unneccessary

I thought Leigh would weigh around 12 kg or so... and now someone said she only weighs about 7 kg?

Well, a vomit/flush out was probably a good thing then .

apologies.

On the 29th Jan the OP said Leigh weighed 7kg... Not sure how much she would weigh now though.

Good Grief...........

I read all this and now I think I need a drink.

:rofl: anyone else care to join me?

i am so there with you!!! ;)

I'm with you too!! :)

Still can't make any sense of this thread & I'm a little surprised it is actually still here.

Hi Rish

I guess the main lesson to take away from all this is that YOU are your dog's best advocate. Not your vet, not anyone else here. Some of the things you've posted inadvertently go against the main aims and goals of this forum. It's okay. You're still learning...and that's a good thing! Please stick around, because there are a lot of friendly, knowledgable people here who are more than happy to help you with your dogs.

In order to be the best possible advocate for your dogs, you need to make sure you know as much as you can about them. If one of them is limping, then get down on the floor and find out why ;) If the dog wriggles around, and scratches - well, clip its claws and teach it gently to behave when being handled by you :) Remember - they don't automatically know what we expect of them. You are your dogs' educator, as well as their carer. How will your dog know what you expect if you don't teach it?

Go online. Come to forums like this and ask for advice on specific training issues...one at a time. Keep your posts simple, and state up-front a clear outcome. That way, people can be specific with their advice. Read as much as you can. Learn about what makes your dogs tick and why. That way, you will be better armed when your vet asks you about treatment options. You might even end up saving yourself some money, because you'll have more of an idea what's wrong when problems arise, and what treatments are available.

Probably also best to remember that what you post in a public forum stays public :rofl: Everyone has days when they need to vent or blow off steam. But be careful what you say, because it can always be misinterpreted, especially if your posts are not clear. Take your time when posting - and people here will take their time to answer :rofl:

Nice, kind and patient post Faolmor :rofl: . I couldn't have said it better.

Hi Rish

In order to be the best possible advocate for your dogs, you need to make sure you know as much as you can about them. If one of them is limping, then get down on the floor and find out why :rofl: If the dog wriggles around, and scratches - well, clip its claws and teach it gently to behave when being handled by you :rofl: Remember - they don't automatically know what we expect of them. You are your dogs' educator, as well as their carer. How will your dog know what you expect if you don't teach it?

Probably also best to remember that what you post in a public forum stays public :rofl: Everyone has days when they need to vent or blow off steam. But be careful what you say, because it can always be misinterpreted, especially if your posts are not clear. Take your time when posting - and people here will take their time to answer :rofl:

Nice, kind and patient post Faolmor :rofl: . I couldn't have said it better.

;) Yes, this post and S&S were the most accomodating. Likewise Stormie. Well done to those trying to help a frustrated owner understand her dog family better, and the actions of her vet. :)

Edited by Becky in Oz

,i treat them a hell of alot better than alot of u have treated me.

Oh give me a break. Bring out the world's smallest violin. People tried to make sense of your posts and give you advice. What more do you want.