2009 Brags Thread

:rofl: dont know about the handler got good dogs :rofl:

yep I'm a proud mom Xena had finished her snooker master title getting all of her master titles in the games being the first in SA and she is brilliant in obedience as well winning the golden dumbell for the 7th time (passing open and ud)having our presentation on monday night. Gabby is brilliant as well as she is only just turned 2 and she also won top ud. Theyre just brilliant lol

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well done to everyone who's had a brag recently whether it's for agility, obedience, flyball or everyday stuff :)

Way to go Gabby with Xena98, must be really pleased with her getting 4/4 passes, fingers crossed for her JDM for you before the end of the year too!

I posted this in part in the obedience troubleshooting thread but really deserves to be posted here.

We had our final club training session for 2009 and I decided to put Kenzie into the trial ring and do a novice round with her. All I can say is OMG can my little girl work. Her heelwork was still very very crabby. But the rest of it was breath stopping and I so want to bottle every last moment of it. Her recall and retrieve were both lightening fast. I have always known she can but she has always been timid and slowed right up at training - not tonight. Her SFE was rock solid. So much for my shy nervous dog who can't keep it together without melting.

I have had many sleepless nights wondering whether I was doing the right thing with my baby girl and whether I shouldn't just retire her before she has even started but nope Kenzie hopefully is the 190 dog of my dreams - now to get that heelwork under control :laugh: .

I was esentially rapt with her TSD. the heelwork wasn't great (again, that's where we lost all of our points :rofl: ), but given that last year, I was struggling to keep her attention on me and working nice in the ring, this is still MILES ahead of where I was last year. she was so HAPPY in the ring albeit a little distracted :thumbsup:

Got in on video so will upload shortly :laugh:

Leo worked ok once again - like always, the stuff he does, he does WELL :rofl:

ETA: here's kinta's video.... wasn't overly impressed with her heelwork though :)

Edited by leopuppy04

Leopuppy - what were you thinking??????? Brown pants, pink top and blue hat - OH Dear you have a BIG problem that I just can't help you with :p

Well done - you should be pleased with Kinta - but you need to start extending your training stays out longer than is required and working on attention at the start post :rofl: OOps - back in my box now !

Edited by Ptolomy

Leopuppy - what were you thinking??????? Brown pants, pink top and blue hat - OH Dear you have a BIG problem that I just can't help you with :p

Well done - you should be pleased with Kinta - but you need to start extending your training stays out longer than is required and working on attention at the start post ;) OOps - back in my box now !

:rofl: - it's called grabbing clothes when you're running late for work and not realising what you've grabbed :rofl:

Haha - would you believe that we never practice 1min stays, but we've always been practicing 3min sit stays and 5min downs when we train for Novice :o

Yes - attention at the start peg..... training that we havent' practiced lately ;) :p

LP you need your head read if you aren't happy with that black girl of yours! :confused: She's such a good girl, it's not perfect but it's lovely. She's going to be brilliant in open.

We have a wee training brag, Koori did a full length seek back under pretty heavy distraction ( think a large group of drunk yops yelling and carrying on and smashing bottles) last night. I was very happy with her the grass down at the park is over ankle length and she foot tracked our whole heel pattern back diligently, and cheerfully and did the most lovely retrieve, well aside from pouncing on the seek back article. :laugh: She was so pleased with herself. Course she'll probably never get into UD and I'm thinking I will retire her once she gets her CD but even so... I'm so pleased with her and she's enjoying herself no end.

We have a wee training brag, Koori did a full length seek back under pretty heavy distraction ( think a large group of drunk yops yelling and carrying on and smashing bottles) last night. I was very happy with her the grass down at the park is over ankle length and she foot tracked our whole heel pattern back diligently, and cheerfully and did the most lovely retrieve, well aside from pouncing on the seek back article. :rofl: She was so pleased with herself. Course she'll probably never get into UD and I'm thinking I will retire her once she gets her CD but even so... I'm so pleased with her and she's enjoying herself no end.

Goodonya Natsu Chan - most dogs seem to love seekback. Even if you never get into UD - its still fun to teach them new things :thumbsup:

Now have you tried dog in the box yet - or an alternative - dog in the hula hoop?

Then we had two runs where we had one fault - one mine and one hers - she knocked a bar and I can't for the life of me pin it on me. Both runs were really quick though. Finally we got a card in open jumping. 20 obstacles in just over 30 seconds!!

Congratulations!! Yay to Xena

:rofl: (FTR - he can weave quicker than Xena, he just doesn't like to do it in the ring. :thumbsup: )

I'm so glad it is not just my dog that can do weavers but in the ring a totally different story!

Then we had two runs where we had one fault - one mine and one hers - she knocked a bar and I can't for the life of me pin it on me. Both runs were really quick though. Finally we got a card in open jumping. 20 obstacles in just over 30 seconds!!

Congratulations!! Yay to Xena

:rofl: (FTR - he can weave quicker than Xena, he just doesn't like to do it in the ring. :thumbsup: )

I'm so glad it is not just my dog that can do weavers but in the ring a totally different story!

Go on - where is your brag!!??

Go on - where is your brag!!??

You're so funny Agility Dogs.

My brag - I finally got my first Novice Agility Qualie. My girl went really well and the training is slowly coming together and we are working as a team. I also found out in Novice jumpers that the slightest arm movement can affect her - she is really listening to me!

Just a bummber in open jumpers, she came out of the weave poles - we fixed it and there was no other errors

So proud of her and how we are coming along as a team. We have a long way to go and I can finally feel as if we are getting there!

When it all comes together - agility is a blast! :laugh: