Lure Coursing

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me how the titles work in Lure Coursing (and what you have to do for each title). The are not ANKC titles correct?

Just about to send one of my dogs up to QLD and the lady looking after her is interested in taking her Lure Coursing. Do I need to join the Lure Coursing Association? Do I need to register the dog with them?

Can anyone tell me how the titles work in Lure Coursing (and what you have to do for each title). The are not ANKC titles correct?

Just about to send one of my dogs up to QLD and the lady looking after her is interested in taking her Lure Coursing. Do I need to join the Lure Coursing Association? Do I need to register the dog with them?

Qld lure coursing association site: http://www.qldlurecoursing.com/ should have all the info you want. If not give them a call. They are really helpful.

Bear.

Do I need to join the Lure Coursing Association? Do I need to register the dog with them?

You don't need to join to get a title AFAIK but of course, joining and helping out would be much appreciated. You don't register the dog with them as such, when the first entry is made, the association keeps a record of the dog and it's scores towards it's Field Champion title from then on.

You don't need to join to get a title AFAIK but of course, joining and helping out would be much appreciated. You don't register the dog with them as such, when the first entry is made, the association keeps a record of the dog and it's scores towards it's Field Champion title from then on.

So how do you gain points towards this title? Is it the only title? Would love to help out but I am not in QLD - just sending a dog up there to race and I wanted to get a better knowledge of what she has to do.

Hi there,

OK, it's been a while since I was at QLCA. Firstly you have to join up to be a member otherwise your points mean nothing. It's also cheaper each day the dog competes if you're a member. You must photocopy your dogs ped papers, and give to them, as they are trying to get ANKC to recognise, and hopefully eventually it will be, but might take some time. Now don't quote me on the first 3 scores I mention, as I can't remember that well, but I THINK it may be right? The FCh & LCM titles are right though.

OK, first title is Novice Courser - you must have 3 x trials where the dog is awarded 155 or more?

Then Intemediate Courser - 2 x trials with 160 or more?

Open Courser - 2 x Trials of 165 or more?

Field CH - once you have OC title, you compete for this, and must get 3 x 170 or more.

Lure Courser of Merit - once OC is attained, 3 x 180 or more.

So if you got 180 or more after gaining OC, you'd actually get the FCh & LCM titles at the same time.

not many LCM around, and I think most of those would be sighthounds.

My Boxer got 180 on one occasion, but he was only NC titled at the time, so that score does not go to his LCM if we started back there again.

OK, it's been a while since I was at QLCA. Firstly you have to join up to be a member otherwise your points mean nothing. It's also cheaper each day the dog competes if you're a member. You must photocopy your dogs ped papers, and give to them, as they are trying to get ANKC to recognise, and hopefully eventually it will be, but might take some time. Now don't quote me on the first 3 scores I mention, as I can't remember that well, but I THINK it may be right? The FCh & LCM titles are right though.

OK, first title is Novice Courser - you must have 3 x trials where the dog is awarded 155 or more?

Fantastic - thank you. I have a better understanding of what she needs to do now. Hopefully we can get this started in the ACT - would love to take the other dogs out.