Where To Buy Heartguard/revolution/worming Tablets?

Can anyone please recommend a good online store that sells Heartguard chews, Revolution and worming tablets for a good or wholesale price? (I'm not sure at this stage about what method I will use for heartworm).

I usually get mine sent out each month by the vet as part of their yearly "Wellness Plan", but I am thinking of doing it myself this year to see if it works out cheaper (and because their plan includes vaccs and I am now contemplating not vaccinating every year so I will be paying for things I don't need that way!)

Also, if you're in Perth and know of any places that sell these things cheaply, I would love to hear of it! I always prefer buying in person but I know you can often get a better deal online - would love a good deal in person!

Much appreciated if you can help!! :o

Here are some cost comparisons for Sentinel Spectrum.

Petproductsontheweb.com.au

White $67.50

Yellow $62.50

Postage is free.

Pricelesspets.com.au

White $68.60

Yellow $62.80

Postage is $6.50

Vetnpetdirect.com.au

White $78.00

Yellow $71.40

Postage is $4.95

Edited to include postage cost.

Edited by cavNrott

Thanks for the suggestions everyone :laugh:

Sentinal looks interesting, I might investigate this product further and see if it's suitable for us. The price comparisons are great! Though I suspect it will be more expensive for my dogs who weigh 25kg a piece. Why are "kids" so expensive :thumbsup:

edit: white is probably what I'd need, and those are good prices!!

Edited by RubyStar

I posted this a few days ago now

Just thought id share an email i got from Vet Shed

As i only have small dogs its no use to me...

We have some great deals on stock that must be go - Please note that it is short dated.

Heartgard Green for dogs 12-22kg 6 month packs. We have 2 batches that must be sold for below cost price!

Heartgard Green - Expiring in June 2009 - Now only $18.00

Heartgard Green - Expiring in September 2009 - Now only $24.00

Typical Vet Price for Heartgard is $42.00

We still have some Revolution for dogs 10-20kg that expires in August - this has now been reduced even furthar to $44.55 - Typical Vet Price on this is $116.00!! This product is being sold for way below cost price.

Price Rise Update : Bayer have announced a 8.5% increase on Advantix. We have bought up before the price rise and will be holding current prices until stock runs out. So be quick and beat the price rise.

www.thevetshed.com.au - Where it costs less to give your pets the best!

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=162757

Slightly off topic but I've been told that its OK to take a Sentinel White for 22-45 kg dogs & split them roughly in half to treat a 13kg + a 22kg dog.

Any thoughts ?

Edited by cm64

Your a canine member arent you??

Then you get 10% off at better pets for everything

Yes I am :laugh: I saw this message after I ordered online, but I will definitely go and price them and see if they come up cheaper for future purchases. Thanks :laugh:

I have decided on the Sentinal Spectrum (white) for my girls, costing $130 a year per dog from http://www.petproductsontheweb.com.au - saving me approx. $250 per year per dog by not renewing my Wellness Plan with Vetwest.

Vetnpetdirect.com.au

White $78.00

Yellow $71.40

There is a postage cost but don't know how much it is.

I just looked and yellow is only $61.00

http://www.vetnpetdirect.com.au/home.php?cat=253

Click on the yellow box or the size selection underneath the information blurb and you will see that it's the Brown box 0-4kg that costs $61. The yellow costs $71.40 as I previously posted.

The postage cost is $4.95.

Slightly off topic but I've been told that its OK to take a Sentinel White for 22-45 kg dogs & split them roughly in half to treat a 13kg + a 22kg dog.

Any thoughts ?

Yeppers, I split the White Sentinel in halves for my two smaller dogs. Works well.

Vetnpetdirect.com.au

White $78.00

Yellow $71.40

There is a postage cost but don't know how much it is.

I just looked and yellow is only $61.00

http://www.vetnpetdirect.com.au/home.php?cat=253

Click on the yellow box or the size selection underneath the information blurb and you will see that it's the Brown box 0-4kg that costs $61. The yellow costs $71.40 as I previously posted.

The postage cost is $4.95.

Oops, your right - sorry :thumbsup: