April Photo Challenge

lea

I seriously cant wait any longer, i need to plan my day tomorrow.

Come on Ash, what is it. Pweeeeze!

I guess I can put you out of your misery now...

This month's has two themes to choose from. You can choose to do either one OR you might want to do them both.

Theme one is 'one moment'

Theme two is 'diary'

One moment - You just need to capture a moment from your day and make it as creative as you can. Think about the mundane events in your life that you do each day and try to think about a creative way to capture it. Brushing your teeth, catching the train, eating lunch, watching TV... how will you record one small moment from your day that you usually perceive as 'boring' and make it interesting to look at?

Diary - Clicking Mad has had a few great diaries happening featuring Chester and Jamie... she simply created 'a month of'. Rocco is about to embark on the same thing with Rocco the dog. You don't need to focus on your dog for the diary challenge, you may wish to photograph a tree that you find interesting over thirty days... taking into consideration different lighting, angles, composition etc to make it different each day. Simply select a subject and find a new way to shoot it over the month.

This is meant to be an easy month where you can have some downtime and not have to think too hard about it. Some of you who have been working off SLR's might want to pack the big camera away for a month and pick up your point and shoot and simply have a bit of fun.

So here you go and in May we'll be back into technical challenges.

ENJOY!!! :rofl:

Edited by lea

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess I can put you out of your misery now...

This month's has two themes to choose from. You can choose to do either one OR you might want to do them both.

Theme one is 'one moment'

Theme two is 'diary'

One moment - You just need to capture a moment from your day and make it as creative as you can. Think about the mundane events in your life that you do each day and try to think about a creative way to capture it. Brushing your teeth, catching the train, eating lunch, watching TV... how will you record one small moment from your day that you usually perceive as 'boring' and make it interesting to look at?

Diary - Clicking Mad has had a few great diaries happening featuring Chester and Jamie... she simply created 'a month of'. Rocco is about to embark on the same thing with Rocco the dog. You don't need to focus on your dog for the diary challenge, you may wish to photograph a tree that you find interesting over thirty days... taking into consideration different lighting, angles, composition etc to make it different each day. Simply select a subject and find a new way to shoot it over the month.

This is meant to be an easy month where you can have some downtime and not have to think too hard about it. Some of you who have been working off SLR's might want to pack the big camera away for a month and pick up your point and shoot and simply have a bit of fun.

So here you go and in May we'll be back into technical challenges.

ENJOY!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by Ashanali

So would anyone get bored with a month of doggy pictures??

Can it just be something as simple as the dogs doing something different everyday?? Or might be easier to pick only one to do it with, instead of all 4?

Edited by tlc

tlc - it can be as simple or as hard as you want to make it.

eg - you might choose 'hairspray' - you could either do a month of one hairspray bottle and take it to different places or photograph it in different ways or you might want to find 30 different hairspray bottles to photograph.

It's totally up to you. :)

:)

being April (the 4th month) I've run out of dogs :)

but I really want to try and get out of the house/backyard - so I'm thinking I'll make April about "beyond my property" or some such name :)

wish me luck, I'm actually a little scared to take the camera off the property ... with a dog (or 2) :rofl:

maybe the point'n'shoot will be the way to go ... we'll see ...

Can it just be something as simple as the dogs doing something different everyday?? Or might be easier to pick only one to do it with, instead of all 4?

a month of your dogs would be great.

a month of your dogs would be great.

I'm with lea!

Hey it is a dog forum - can't get bored with dog pics :)

Sweet, a new challenge and one I can still participate in even witjh my new personal project. Just think you all get to look forward to 30 days of Roc and 'me'........ how exciting for you all. :) Dont worry I'll spare a few.

TLC as Ash mentioned I am doing a challenge called "30 days of Roc and me". I have started already and you can see in my signature the link. Each photo evey day has to have both of us in it. Its heaps of fun but rather frustrating. I think go for gold with all your dogs. That will be a challenge in itself. :) Great to see you back too. :)

CM I am taking my camera and tripod around to public places. Having to take the photo with myself in it and trying not to feel embarrassed. ;) I just keep telling myself it's for a good cause. :rofl:

Thanks Guys, I think getting involved in Aprils challenge will get me motivated again to get the camera out, I might try to make my challenge to have all of them in the photo with no leads to hold them in one place. Mmmm maybe that is setting the bar to high....LOL we'll see!

Roc, dont worry I have already checked out the first pics of you and Roc they are amazing, I didnt relize how big he actually was till I seen the one of him sitting on your knee, he is one big boy!! Fantastic photos, your work is always so good!!