Pig In Mud Dog Door

kendall

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have one and the dogs love it.

Ours fits into our sliding door. You do need to screw it into the door so if you're renting that might be a small problem, however there are a couple of ways it can be fitted as per the instruction booklet.

The actual door flap does sit about 20cm off the ground and ours is a large size so I guess it would depend on the size of the door you need.

Our girls fly through it all the time!!! :thumbsup: The large size fitted our large Lab, medium cattle dog and smallish Stafford.

We have 2, a cat one set up normally, and a dog one which is set up temporarily in the second track on the sliding dor so we can still close the normal door all the way if we want to

I'm happy with them, much easier than trying to get flaps put into glass doors, and all of our external doors are sliding doors (cept the front door)

Had one for over a year. It's been fantastic! :provoke:

The two dogs and the cats all learned how to use it.

The only thing I found is that in the summer it can sometimes allow a few bugs to get inside (the gap between it and the screen door) when we wanted the sliding door open. You can move it to the track with the screen door but this is not secure.

We are thinking of going up a size as our new dog is a lot bigger than our other dog. She's starting to struggle a little when using the door now that she's put a little weight on. :cool:

I had one for the rescue Chi x

Great idea i still have it, it's looking for a new home $60 :cool:

ohh how far away from Newcastle are you Sway?I was looking for one to fit a hav. It would work as a peephole for your danes wouldnt it?? :provoke:

Edited by angelsophie

Great idea i still have it, it's looking for a new home $60 :cool:

ohh how far away from Newcastle are you Sway? It would work as a peephole for the danes wouldnt it?? :provoke:

Im in Vic, far to big to post, and to expensive to courier i would suggest.

I have medium size one for my Aussie terrier, love it. Great for small dogs but was going to put one in to fit my kelpies but once PIM door fitted would have to walk sideways to get out door when opened, no hope of getting washing basket through. We have wooden framed sliding doors though, they don't slide open as flush as metal framed doors, so larger sizes may be okay in the latter.

Stockists are listed on website I think, or email them. We are a stockist at my work but we are in Melbourne.

I have one. It didn't quite fit right, so I emailed the company for help [i was fitting it out of normal business hours], received a phone call the next day, they sent me a modified component the day after. Excellent service.

I'm very happy with it, it certainly serves it's purpose. You do have to consider how to secure the sliding door when fitted because you lose the use of the lock. I have heavy duty sliding door locks top & bottom [1 type is included with the panel]. We bought white to match our door, it looks good.

The price did vary quite a bit between different sellers, Bunnings wasn't the cheapest.

Edit: It's great for me because I have 2 sliding doors side by side, one in regular use, the other has the PIM door permanently in-situ with the locks hard set. I do think it would be difficult to use the PIM in a door you use regularly because it restricts the available opening & be extra hassle to lock/unlock.

Edited by woosydiver

I think Im sold and I can pop in to Bunning 2 blocks from work and order the cat one and the dog one. We need the flaps though - not sliding glass door variety. One xtra large for the girls in the back door to the dog yard, in the ultraflex I think, and large cat size in the tiny window(now wooden panel because they have broken 4 cat flaps AND the window in 18 months.) down low in the lounge for the cats.

I haven't put one in as it looked tho you lose the width of the panel in opening space. Is this correct? (my door opening is only 1 m even tho sliding glass)

please can someone confirm for me?

Great idea i still have it, it's looking for a new home $60 :rolleyes:

Shame the fluffs can't fit though.

I bet their heads could :rolleyes:

The door opening is 16cm by 30cm

I haven't put one in as it looked tho you lose the width of the panel in opening space. Is this correct? (my door opening is only 1 m even tho sliding glass)

please can someone confirm for me?

Yup, you lose quite a bit of space. I have one in my sliding door. Love it. I simply have it installed into the second runner space ( for the screen door, rather then the glass one) and if we need to get something big in through the door I take it out, its easy. Dogs and cats all use it with ease, and I have the biggest size. Highly recommend them.

I'm getting one for my doggies when I finally get my $900. I'm a bit confused on the sizing because there doesn't seem to be a large on their website but I'm sure I sure a large at Better Pets and Gardens but maybe it was something different :rolleyes: . I'll be getting the x-large otherwise.

Priced the doors at Better Pets and Gardens yesterday and took Amber in with me. For her size (an 11.9kg cocker spaniel) I will need to get the xl one. Don't know why they don't have a large one :happydance: Price was $409!! I get a discount at the store for being a CAWA member but still.... anyone know how much they are at Bunnings or elsewhere??