June Photography Challenge

Ashanali

Fantastic shots everyone. Im loving the long exposure ones.

For the ones of you using the long exposures, r u all using tripods? or just sitting the camera down somewhere steady?

I use a tripod or prop the camera up on something if I need to take something at floor level. I still have an idea for a photo I want to try out but I never get the time!

I might have to try it tonight after training.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have just got my fire going and i clicked this off while it was going full tit lol..

DSC00023-1.jpg

Focal Length: 70.0mm (35mm equivalent: 105m...

Exposure Time: 0.250 s (1/4)

Aperture: f/5.6

More great shots from everyone.

DD I looooovveeee your long exposure shots, they are awesome. The one on page 20 did you do any post processing it looks like you have b&w most of the pic then colored the light trails and the lights? I love that one especailly!!

loving all the light trails, they look awsome!

TLC, you got it, i made a layer and converted it to black and white, adjusted the levels and then went over the lights to bring the colours through from the orignal pic. Still learning photo shop, but kinda getting the hang of some stuff

loving all the light trails, they look awsome!

TLC, you got it, i made a layer and converted it to black and white, adjusted the levels and then went over the lights to bring the colours through from the orignal pic. Still learning photo shop, but kinda getting the hang of some stuff

Well for someone just learning you are doing an excellent job, well done.

All the rest of the night lights/ long exposures from today are so awesome. I wanna do some but there is no where good for me to go here. I will have to have a good think about a good spot to go and have a try!! I just really like them almost like there is something magical about them. I know that sounds really silly but it is the only way to describe it!!

TLC: what state/area are you in?

I must make myself get out there on these cold nights.

My niece is studying photography in school now and we promised her we would go and do some night time shoots.

All the rest of the night lights/ long exposures from today are so awesome. I wanna do some but there is no where good for me to go here. I will have to have a good think about a good spot to go and have a try!! I just really like them almost like there is something magical about them. I know that sounds really silly but it is the only way to describe it!!

I didn't think that there was anywhere good for me to go either - mine was just taken on the main road where we walk every night. I thought i would take my camera and tripod with me and just see what happened. I think they turned out pretty well for having next to no forethought in them.

Love the photo of the showerhead Nik - that's exactly the kind of photo I have trouble capturing! Well, that and stop motion photos of Zero when he's running!

More frozen moments from me. I've got to get out at night and do some light trails.

wrestling on a sand pile, Penny and Feather.

IMG_7875tcs.jpg

interrupted by the goofy boys

IMG_7876ts.jpg

Look out ma, comin through!

IMG_7877t.jpg

eeejets, thinks she

IMG_7885t.jpg

Hmmmmm I'll deal with that brazen Feather later says Penny to herself

IMG_7886t.jpg

Edited by Kirislin