June Photography Challenge

Ashanali

Guest Clover

Great photos everyone :thumbsup:. A couple of friends and i walked our dogs yesterday afternoon. I charged my camera battery and off we went....got to the walking area and no memory card :provoke::.

Tomorrow weather wise is suppose to be crappy so i probably won't get much done.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously impressed with everyone's efforts :laugh:

I'm not doing very well photographically this month so far :provoke: But I can't help but to post up what I have got, even though I'm not happy with any of them really!

Here's the best of some pathetic attempts I've made towards this challenge so far ... everything else I've tried hasn't worked :laugh: I even went for a long walk along the railway line for a panning shot this afternoon and encountered not a single train! I mostly had subject problems, timing or light/cold/rain problems ... at least that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :D

frozen motion - I like this because as Chester is going after the swinging bungy rope toy (as an aside I was actually trying to pan the bungy rope toy, but Chester didn't really let me :thumbsup: ), Lotus is bowing at another rope toy and Texas is licking his lips over a squeaky toy - I like how it has a feel of "just another ordinary day in the backyard with my dogs"

3600320990_67171cc98a.jpg

This is sort of a panning shot, at least that's what I was going for, of Jamie, have added it only because I like the ghostliness of it

3600320698_6d058e0c49.jpg

This one was supposed to be a panning shot of Chester at the park, but he stopped mid-stride to sniff something

3599509309_12d3d0b2fc.jpg

This one's probably my favourite - though it's far from perfect, I think Lotus' back is the point of focus

3606759237_164dc7e35b.jpg

This one was a long exposure ceiling fan that took multiple attempts before it actually looked like what it was, rather than just a swirl :eek:

3600318578_e3bd27047f.jpg

This was supposed to show the movement of these weeds by the wind using a slow exposure - my settings couldn't get slower than 1 sec without over exposing so I guess it doesn't really count ... I like the abstract nature of it anyway ... taken while I was waiting for a train to go by ... it was bloody cold and on/off raining - the things we do for photography, and I'm so not happy I didn't get what I was aiming for :scold:

3607598182_ab70bde17d.jpg

and finally proof that there was no train hahaha ... I walked as far as you can see along the tracks with Chester and not a train went by

3606777695_8ab2b2692e.jpg

:laugh:

Still love your work CM - even if you're not happy with it.

DA those horse shots are lovely. We need more horse pictures :laugh:

How many more horse pictures do you want :provoke:

Have been through the thread from start to finish now and am amazed by the talents in here so many beautiful photos :thumbsup:

Everyone is doing so well with this challenge, I am very impressed. It just goes to show that everyone can capture something special without needing to use special effects in post processing. :thumbsup:

Just a heads up for people who are keen to do next months challenge - I know it's early, but you will need a torch, flashlight or video light AND if you have a tripod, it will help (if you don't have a tripod you will need something firm to rest your camera on). Cheap torch will be fine.

More excellent pics over the last couple of days. I have only picked up my camera once, just my point and shoot, but I got some nice pics of a seal that hangs around our breakwater, I guess this is frozen motion as he just moseyed on by....LOL

IMG_4296.jpg

Next months challenge sounds interesting!!

this is a really crappy time exposure one but it's so cold here I didn't even get out of the car to take this. :) 2 seconds, hand held. I will try to do better but I just wanted to put one up here. I took it because the car in front had dog cages and a sticker saying something about hunting hounds (although it's so blurry you cant read it), so I thought it was a good one for DOL.

IMG_7741t.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

I have not posted in the challenges before but here are a few recent shots - either taken on DSLR or the Point and Shoot (both Canon)

This would be frozen as he was in the process of rolling

20090509-IMG_3404-1.jpg

11Jan323.jpg

4April019.jpg

Panning (I think!)

8June006-1.jpg

Danois, that 1st pic is priceless!

I love how he kinda fits in with the sculpture in the background. :happydance:

Just a heads up for people who are keen to do next months challenge - I know it's early, but you will need a torch, flashlight or video light AND if you have a tripod, it will help (if you don't have a tripod you will need something firm to rest your camera on). Cheap torch will be fine.

Ooooo - I'm intrigued!

I have an idea for a photo I'm going to take tonight so hopefully it's not too cold for me to get out of the house. I'm sure Zero will want to drag me out for a walk anyway! Damn sibes and their damn liking the cold! :rofl:

A few I got this afternoon. Zero would never touch the plastic dumbell and suddenly he wants to work with it!

3612699543_24e6709326.jpg?v=0

From the same stride:

3612694003_5b159fd948.jpg?v=0

And one of him in full flight:

3612696893_4653d2e331.jpg?v=0

I'm still going to get out there and take a shot tonight so hopefully it works out well.

Edited by ~*Shell*~

Seriously impressed with everyone's efforts :(

I'm not doing very well photographically this month so far :confused: But I can't help but to post up what I have got, even though I'm not happy with any of them really!

Here's the best of some pathetic attempts I've made towards this challenge so far ... everything else I've tried hasn't worked :) I even went for a long walk along the railway line for a panning shot this afternoon and encountered not a single train! I mostly had subject problems, timing or light/cold/rain problems ... at least that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it ;)

frozen motion - I like this because as Chester is going after the swinging bungy rope toy (as an aside I was actually trying to pan the bungy rope toy, but Chester didn't really let me :) ), Lotus is bowing at another rope toy and Texas is licking his lips over a squeaky toy - I like how it has a feel of "just another ordinary day in the backyard with my dogs"

[

This one's probably my favourite - though it's far from perfect, I think Lotus' back is the point of focus

3606759237_164dc7e35b.jpg

:p

i like this one. :D

i'm not entering, everyone elese are too good

Go Zero!!

My photo from yesterday - Soaks shaking. Frozen motion.

3612716313_a91d73f3d0.jpg

That is possibly the cutest face I've ever seen Soaks make, and I've seen Soaks make some pretty darn cute faces - she looks so cuddly in that picture!!

Edited by ~*Shell*~