June Photography Challenge

Ashanali

If you live in an area that has a reasonable amount of bird life, you could also try just setting up a small feeder on your balcony or wherever...we get so many king parrots, rosellas, lorikeets, cockatoos and sparrows at ours, especially in bad weather which I know a lot of us have been having lately.

Have also just recently started getting a little butcher bird visitor who is adorable :shrug: I took some photos of him today, will post them later on! Would love a proper ID on him aside from anything else.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am watching and loving this thread. Such great pics. Those horse shots are poetry! I have never done an action shot with my camera, thinking i might need a fast lens. I only have kit lenses. Great work everyone.

If you live in an area that has a reasonable amount of bird life, you could also try just setting up a small feeder on your balcony or wherever...we get so many king parrots, rosellas, lorikeets, cockatoos and sparrows at ours, especially in bad weather which I know a lot of us have been having lately.

Have also just recently started getting a little butcher bird visitor who is adorable :shrug: I took some photos of him today, will post them later on! Would love a proper ID on him aside from anything else.

Hey me too! I've lived here for almost 12 years and just the last 3 days have I started feeding the butcher birds. they learn quick too. I took some pics of them today, not very good though.

When I lived in Mackay many years ago I had pied butcher birds, they have the most beautiful clear flute like call and are very easily tamed, more so than these southern ones. It was the thing I missed most of all when I moved back South.

The photos are all fantastic.

I have no idea :) what I'm doing with my new camera at the moment I'm stuck on auto :rofl: so have booked in to do a short course to help me out.

I love the light man :thumbsup:

The horse shots are amazing, I loved them. really showed how beautiful and powerful horses are.

Have also just recently started getting a little butcher bird visitor who is adorable :thumbsup: I took some photos of him today, will post them later on! Would love a proper ID on him aside from anything else.

Hey me too! I've lived here for almost 12 years and just the last 3 days have I started feeding the butcher birds. they learn quick too. I took some pics of them today, not very good though.

When I lived in Mackay many years ago I had pied butcher birds, they have the most beautiful clear flute like call and are very easily tamed, more so than these southern ones. It was the thing I missed most of all when I moved back South.

Oh, how strange! Ours started visiting about two weeks ago and keeps coming back for ham...he's very bold, too. It must be the time of the year for them to come out.

Really look forward to seeing your photos...I'm about to edit mine :)

I got out today and had my first go at panning. I have done it before but my complete fluke.

Its getting there but cant wait to get better!

IMG_7373-1.jpg

IMG_7366.jpg

IMG_7362-1.jpg

:)

They are absolutely perfect, stop being SO humble! :rofl: :rofl:

They are great. Well done :thumbsup: