Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love the puppy by the heater!!

Here is my efforts for tonight!!

DSC_0025-4.jpg

DSC_0013-4.jpg

I call this one odd one out!!

DSC_0006-3.jpg

and another one of Bronson, cause i couldnt decide which was the best of the two.

DSC_0026-3.jpg

this was my try from last night. I need to get a smaller torch - have been using a dolphin (with a battery that is getting flat).

octopus.jpg

I am loving people's photos. Very inspiring. Wish my dog would sit still enough for me to use her as a subject. She wont.

Everyone is getting better as this thread gets bigger!

I didn't get time last night, but tonight I opened the pantry door and saw this - a bottle of Gin in a lovely blue bottle. I went upstairs with it and a crystal glass. My husband was watching tv and said, "You go upstairs then and paint your little bottle" :rolleyes:

Here is my poison, Bombay Sapph.

Lit up the crystal glass with a torch behind it encased in a pale blue plastic funnel that came with our iron to diffuse the torch and make the crystal glass blue, the crystal threw the light around.

I wish my eyesight was better at night for manual focusing, I suffer night blindness so I suck at manual focus.

3701475300_3e45968e34.jpg

mucking around with the torchlight here

3700566049_37118789c8.jpg

Edited by Ripley

Great photos in here everyone! So who is addicted? :hug:

I had a DOLer come for a photoshoot last night and she was so perfect with her posing that I had to do a painted with light photo of her... unfortunately I can't edit the photo until my computer is back up and running (I'm on Alex's computer at the moment.) I'm very happy with how it looks SOOC but will do a little tweaking when I can. :cry:

Everyone is getting better as this thread gets bigger!

I wish my eyesight was better at night for manual focusing, I suffer night blindness so I suck at manual focus.

I totally agree, everyones shots are awesome!!

With regards to the manual focus thing, if you have trouble (although your pics look great to me) I have been illuminating the subject with whatever light source you are going to use and have the camera on auto focus, so you half press the button to focus then the subject is already focused on by the camera in the lit up state, if that makes sense, it works for me if I can get the manual focus as good as I want it.

Lea love your shots to Awesome!!

It's just my eyesight under any artificial light. I wear contact lenses/glasses for distance, but my close up eyesight is better without glasses (ie. when I read I don't wear glasses). So I leave the light on, manual focus until I think it's spot on and flick the light off and activate the self timer. Maybe I'll fiddle with the diopeter thingy (or whatever its called) on my camera.

ETA: tlc, happy with my shots taken above but not so much with last night as I couldn't read the bottom line on the bottle in the first photo and thought it was because my MF isn't spot on. I used an aperture of f/22 for both shots.

So, I will either swap lenses next, as the sigma 17-70 isn't as sharp as 50mm 1.8 'nifty 50' I have or try and MF better. I could just be the lens or my crap night vision, only noticed it because of the fine print writing.

Edited by Ripley

I havent done any shots yet with the 50mm, maybe Ill give it a go tonight. Mayb elike you said if you fiddle with the eye thingy it may help with better viewing through the view finder! I have good eyes and I have trouble with the manual focus, I just never seem to know if it is spot on.

I AM SO IMPRESSED WITH EVERYONE'S SUBMISSIONS!!!!

People, please don't ever be shy to post what you think are crappy photos... I love seeing ALL of them!!

Man I need to visit this section more often!!!!

I'm totally blown away by the talent on here - we're not bad for dog people are we :(

Totally agree!

3680320665_0e254ce5e7.jpg

:thumbsup::laugh: SO GOOD!!!

These are my favourite piccies...

It's hard when you dont have a tripod, I had my camera balanced on a pineapple juice tin that was itself balanced on an upturned fruit bowl.

3680500533_399c418f91_b.jpg

DSCF4644.jpg

Imageddd6.jpg

LOVE THESE ROXY!!

3684712820_b82e8ef5c8.jpg?v=0
And not painting with light, but playing with light. Light shining through the bottle to illuminate the label.

3685446789_494cddac1b.jpg

Last night was a big fail. I know what I was doing wrong now and will have another go tonight. Hopefully I'll get it right!

3691990316_d632caf9b1.jpg

No way is that a fail!!! I think that's great! How did you do it? Point a laser pointer around the outside? Or did you go from behind it and draw around it facing the camera?

A few shots from me today... I couldn't decide!

3700339305_1fdae083da.jpg

3700339273_51f3f444d3.jpg

Likewise..how did you do these?

a combination of the challenge and my 3D experiment.

You have to go crosseyed and just stare. You need to focus on the seam in the middle and relax your eyes until you eventually see 3 images. Concentrate on the middle one and it should look 3d

That totally worked for me!! Very clever! How did you do it?

And I love lea's landscape ones and the leaves one!