July Photography Challenge

Ashanali

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I ended up searching Youtube, because I didn't know what I was supposed to be doing.

Can someone check and see if this seems right? :thumbsup:

Ohh that's good, I'm gonna try it, I've got some nice old bottles that should look good.

Huga, top shot of your little pug, he looks so snug!! Ha a snug pug...LOL where did you get his little jacket form it looks so nice, did you make it??

V01, I totally agree with the pana being an excellent camera but you are so right about the action shots, just not quite fast enough, do you have a type of slr in mind??

Cat lovely shot, is the pup yours, he/she very cute!!

Cat love the pup also!and the lego shots are cool. :thumbsup:

thinking of getting a canon,just an entry level one like the 1000D or a 450 D.Id be happy with either.anyone use the 1000d?

Arggghhhh!!!

I don't know what the heck I am doing, but I suck at it. :)

I've followed all the instructions, and (15 shots and many adjustments later) the best result looks like someone is shining a spotlight on the darn subject. :thumbsup:

How big is the torch you're using in comparison to the subject? I tried using my normal maglite torch when i was doing it but it gave off too much light for me to "paint" with it. I had to use my mini maglite instead

im using a cheap $2 shop torch about as long as a pen and not very bright and at times get really close,5 cm away to get the reflection like on the car wheel and guitar.i move back where i want a softer effect.

WOW, I have never done anything like this before. I haven't been in the photo forum for ages, but thought I would have a look this afternoon and came across this topic. I think I am going to like this technique, it looks like a heap of fun & can produce some very cool results.

I have had one go, I think I need to stand further back with my torch (either that or it is too high powered), but am pretty happy with it for a first go in a totally black room.

3680320665_0e254ce5e7.jpg

Well done to everyone, there are some great shots here :thumbsup:

Edited by Vickie

Guest Pandii

RA, I am not sure if I am doing it right either but hey we can only try :thumbsup:

Vickie that is way coool

vickie - well done for a first go!

as for me putting my samples up... I would but I don't know where they are stored on the computer. There is actually a semi-nude photo of me when pregnant that is on our website. It was painted with light (which is why I have a funny expression on my face - it was a 20 second exposure).

I might have to have a go at this again one night just to make everyone feel better with how much I suck :thumbsup:

the youtube video that's been posted is the most relevant I can find. There were a couple of others on youtube that explained it briefly but didn't show you how to do it or show you a finished product. A bit frustrating.