Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

Sammy I think we are destined not to meet lol. I tried to enter the morriset but was a little late with entries - long story my bad. I wish we were though it would have been our first in minor too :cheer:

We will be in the cessnock shows though :cheer:

Our trainer/judge is back so we hit show training again last week - Toby repeated his horrible show walk - and decided to muck up on the table - well Nicky soon fixed that :eek: Got the brat walking and tableing ok in the end. It appears I will be reverse handling him which should be hillarious - I only just learnt which way to go normally :eek: I think it works more on confusing him just enough he forgets to play up - he walked a beautifully straight up and back. He does however have the title of "the naughty one" in his show class. Yet in obedience class he does well????? Not sure if we can make training this week as my daughter and i are both on tamiflu for suspected swine flu so will see what happens. Toby though is very attentive and is refusing to go play or walk with the boys which is kinda cute.

Deb we should get the gazebos side by side for the kids! they'd enjoy that and we could watch over them for each other while in the ring.

the cessnock shows will see us all in minor by the sounds - scary :cry:

Yes looks like me getting Toby pats will be a while off :eek: ! We are entering most or all of the shows at hillsbrough in october and november, I think there are two or three weekends worth so surely we will see you at one of them :)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Jess,

just wanted to say it was nice to meet you tonight - now you know why he is known as the superbrat!! He was soooo naughty He hasnt been out and about or had much play in the last week and he let rip tonight :thumbsup: I have to say Leo is very gorgeous :love: Toby didnt know what to make of the big happy boys tonight. He was looking for Leo after you left - so brave when they're not in his face my little boy is :love:

Nicky set him straight and was stern with him which is why he wouldnt go near her for a while (I didnt have it in me tonight) but she got down on all fours to make him happy again and in the end toby was back to loving her :love: .

Bec

Yeh it was great to meet you too :thumbsup:

I didn't think he was that bad! Leo was a little terd though! He didn't know what to think of it when nikky was stern, he is such a little pansy and his mummy is a bit too soft with him at times :laughs: he doesn't like to be placed, which is why he squelled like a looney, you just slightly touch him and he carries on. But were working on it, and she was much more informative then the other trainer down here, she helped us on a few things.

Such a small world to meet the other bully boy and the couple who's dog we beat on the weekend, so nice to have two people in the same boat as me that I might catch up with at the shows!

And icant believe how nice and soft and gorgeous toby was. I'm jealous!

ETA: Leo was so vocal tonight, he's never that noisey! I don't know what got into him! He just wanted to play with everyone, I got scared he might squish poor little toby though! He loved all you guys loving on him though, he loves people so much, the poor little man gets ignored by strangers on the street so he was lapping it upbig time!

Edited by Jessm

Which one was gorgeous?? The brat???? LOL

Wash n wear - I am jelous of that :love: Although secretly I love grooming him - I am just not very good at it! Never white again though - he got better but I needed to be firmer with him tonight and it just wasnt in me. His tabling was me not him :thumbsup:

Wish I was entered at morriset though kicking myself - i wrote the enter by date down a week later than what it was oops - I want to buy a squeeky rat from the vendors lol!

Bec

Sounds great. I spose I could have gone for a drive with my son I guess - not sure I will get time though. Yes please to the sqeekies if you go Deb I can fix you up at hillsborough :cry: Its a funny thing to want isnt it. Toby was very intrigued with a couple he saw in use at the shows it was a shame there were none at the van at hillsborough

Bec

Woohoo the little man is such a good boy!

Best Baby Puppy Dog x2

Baby Puppy In Class

Baby Puppy In Group

Runner Up Baby Puppy In Show (that isn't a real title for babies but it sounds mighty good lol)

he is such a good boy.

There was lots of dramas up in the utility ring today.

Our next shows we are on our own. :laugh: haha.

Bindii how was the royal yesterday?

Edited by Jessm

We were at the hvnsuc and hkc at morisset.

It was a horrible day, but a good day for Leo.

And welcome Undecided :eek: ..What breed do you have? I still haven't shown Leo on my own, his breeder has held my hand up until now! We have our first lone show in about a month. And we won't be baby puppy anymore either!

:( WAY TO GO JESS AND LEO!!!!! ;)

thats awesome!!

Welcome to the madhouse undecided. I had all those same fears our first time round the superbrat pooped not 30 secs into it so have no fear, the judge had a cackle and so did I. The judge said" bet he walks better now" His take was if they dont embarrass you as babies theyre not doing their job. Toby and I dont sow well at all currently - we know it - but we have fun and each show we take something out of it even if its only the experience or what not to do :dancingelephant: One day we hope we eill get a whole lot better........one day...................

Bec

Did you guys all go out and buy gazebos? I think i'm going to get myself some shade when we start on our own (noone too mooch off anymore :( ) but have no idea what to get. Are they hard to put up, because, I am a complete moron and can't do anything lol. But i'm a bit torn on whether to buy one or not. Leo has a soft crate, which is shady for him and I don't think he needs it that much, but I dunno. I need some guidance lol.

You'll be fine Jess! Don't worry I'm a complete numpty in the ring.

I have a gazebo but it takes 2 people to put it up.

Well my weekend was a bit meh, am so tired now.

Sat - nothing in sweepies, default baby of breed.

Sun - shortlisted in sweepies, default baby of breed.

Had a bit of a drama. My friends Pointer went BIG so everyone was screaming and clapping and Morgan just freaked out and yanked the lead out of my hand and ran off through the ring. I was so embarrassed, its completely my fault too. So when we went in next for baby in group she wouldn't stack and was just generally freaked out. I'm worried I've ruined her by pushing her to go back in the ring, I should have pulled her...She seems ok now but time will tell.

Did you guys all go out and buy gazebos? I think i'm going to get myself some shade when we start on our own (noone too mooch off anymore :) ) but have no idea what to get. Are they hard to put up, because, I am a complete moron and can't do anything lol. But i'm a bit torn on whether to buy one or not. Leo has a soft crate, which is shady for him and I don't think he needs it that much, but I dunno. I need some guidance lol.

I did get a gazebo about a few months ago (although mum sworn to me to never get one! :D) and used it at the first outdoor show at KCC and after a slight confusion and problems, we managed to get it up and it was absolutely fantastic! We also did the first rope wrong, but some great people who parked next to us happily shown us the right way to securing it and a much quicker and correct way and despite some slight strong wind, my gazebo held well!

Got some walls as well at the last show and also as discounted price by the same great people who sold me the gazebo!

My gazebo is an oztrail compact (2.4 x 2.4) and I think I paid $175 (can't remember, but was a great price).

It is doable to put it up on your own if you maybe practice it at home, but it is worth it, especially with the warmer weather coming up and if you don't have any access to some form of shade for the dogs. :D

We have one more show with the breeder there and then we are on our own as she stops showing to work the farm. Breeder is lending us her gazebo as we came into a problem and the money we were going to get a gazebo with we have to pay on the car. It can be erected by yourself with a bit of difficulty but it is much easier with help. It is much more pleasant to have in the heat and me and Nathan like to have our own space, without a gazebo we dont really get that.

I tried to put up a deluxe myself and failed :D Did the whole nail in one corner and shimmy it out, but I failed :D It might be easier with a compact though. I went the deluxe as OH and I often camp out in ours at shows so wanted a bit of room to move.

How are you having trouble with it poocow?

I had trouble with it when I first brought it home admittedly lol! But it was my dad that figured out my problem after whining about my frustration and realized I had to click in the roof support and the rest was easy to put up as it was just a matter of pulling each leg up!

I got compact as mum and I wanted a gazebo that doesn't take up a whole lot of unnecessary room and we don't have much stuff, so we were happy with a small one and also wanted to be considered of others who may need the space at the show.