Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

I've washed Morgie - you should have seen the amount of red dust I got out of her :bolt:

red dust isnt great on any dog PC but at least the lovely miss morgie shouldnt show it on her paws tomorrow unlike the superbrat - he likes to go for a walk and say hi but wont really be able to walk much unless I want to show an orange dog :laugh:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

little nudge???? ooohhh if thats little I would hate to see push :laugh:

Me......I will be cheering if the superbrat behaves himself long enough to make it through :D

They are predicting more dust tomorrow :rofl: oh why oh why would that happen on the day I am showing my white dog :wave: His feet were orange after a walk yesterday

Oh and Havahug - I would love my breeder here for a show you could cheer as loud as you wish....although honestly you would be too busy laughing at me while we embarass you in the ring :rofl: You could make sure I am grooming him ok.

Bec

I will come down one day to watch and cheer but I can already see you are doing a fantastis job with his grooming :rofl:

Hope eveyone is doing well this weekend!

Kite got her first points last weekend and runner up best of breed.

Glad we didnt enter this weekend because quite frankly the white and orange pointee is white and orange no more! She very dirty from all the dust and has been digging a few trenches lately!

Our next shows are a pug specialty but none of you will be at that LOL then 17th and 18th of october(at hillsborough), then 24th and 25th up at port mac, should be a good weekend away! We are staying in a cabin and everything!

Well done everyone!!

I think we are doing the 16 and 17 at hb too sammy.

How do the points work? When/ if you win, do you have to do anything afterwards? Leo will be in minor at our next show, and not that I'm expecting him to win anything with me on the end of the lead, but just incase lol. Gee, minor, he is getting so old!

Well done everyone!!

How do the points work? When/ if you win, do you have to do anything afterwards? Leo will be in minor at our next show, and not that I'm expecting him to win anything with me on the end of the lead, but just incase lol. Gee, minor, he is getting so old!

You get points for challenge dog, challenge bitch and BOB.

For challenge you get 5 points plus 1 point for every dog/bitch entered including yourself. So Morgie got 6 points (5 points + 1 for herself as she was the only Field). Baby puppies are not included in the count. BOB is 5 points plus 1 point for every dog AND bitch entered. BIG and BIS wins are the same but only to a max of 25 points.

Congrats sammy, Steph and Bec on your first points! Exciting stuff. Charm didn't get any points this weekend as the older bitch takes her out every time. She didn't behave very well this weekend either - my fault because we haven't done a lot of handling practice lately. She got Minor Puppy of Breed by default in both shows, so some pretty ribbons. Back to the practice table we go......

Our biggest success was with Viviane, my husband's 3yo Aussie Shepherd, who got Aus Bred Bitch and Reserve Challenge Bitch for her very first show! My dodgy handling possibly cost her the chance to go any further but we were very happy with that, considering she's been a sooky pet for 3 years and the show ring is a totally different way of life (and handling an Aussie is much different to handling a min pin)! The second show wasn't quite as (nearly) successful but we still learned a lot. She is in season, too, and hopefully will be going to visit her boyfriend this week sometime so her first show season might be a very short one.

I really enjoyed the day thanks to Bec's company, and it was great to meet you too, Steph.

Here's hoping for gorgeous weather for the October shows so we can all enjoy it a bit more.

Deb :)

Well done everyone!!

From Dogs NSW:

CHALLENGE POINTS

Challenge Points are earned on the following system:

Best of Breed winners: 5 points and one point for each exhibit male and female including him/her self but excluding the Baby Puppies.

The opposite sex Challenge Certificate (ie was not awarded Best of Breed) earns 5 points plus one point for each of its own sex exhibit, including him/her self. (e.g. if your Intermediate Dog won the Dog Challenge but was not Best of Breed, and there were 10 other dogs shown in the various classes (excluding Baby Puppies and all absentees), then he earns 5 points plus one point for himself plus 10 points for the other dogs = 16.

So if you get BOB you don't also get the points for the challenge certificate.

After breed judging its all about the glory, the ribbons and bags of free food only.

http://www.dogsnsw.org.au/how-to-exhibit-your-dog - this is a good explanation of all things showing.

Edited by Danois

:( Thanks Deb - I had a great day too :champagne: was great company although I do think we need to get better at our game of pick the winner......dont think I picked one all day :thumbsup:

I have to say viviane looked awesome :cheers: such a softie too :cheer:

Oh and I thought I was a tragic getting updates from my breeder re a fellow Hav exhibitor in melbourne royal specials but poocpw takes the cake with her DOL updates :(

I do want to know if I can go to hillsborough to train in the ring ??? Just in te arvo or something?? happy to take a table if anyone is interested in practising with us?? might give em a call

Bec

Congrats sammy, Steph and Bec on your first points! Exciting stuff. Charm didn't get any points this weekend as the older bitch takes her out every time. She didn't behave very well this weekend either - my fault because we haven't done a lot of handling practice lately. She got Minor Puppy of Breed by default in both shows, so some pretty ribbons. Back to the practice table we go......

Our biggest success was with Viviane, my husband's 3yo Aussie Shepherd, who got Aus Bred Bitch and Reserve Challenge Bitch for her very first show! My dodgy handling possibly cost her the chance to go any further but we were very happy with that, considering she's been a sooky pet for 3 years and the show ring is a totally different way of life (and handling an Aussie is much different to handling a min pin)! The second show wasn't quite as (nearly) successful but we still learned a lot. She is in season, too, and hopefully will be going to visit her boyfriend this week sometime so her first show season might be a very short one.

I really enjoyed the day thanks to Bec's company, and it was great to meet you too, Steph.

Here's hoping for gorgeous weather for the October shows so we can all enjoy it a bit more.

Deb :clap:

Yes you can go there to practise if you want Bec

:laugh: Thanks Deb - I had a great day too :rofl: was great company although I do think we need to get better at our game of pick the winner......dont think I picked one all day :(

I have to say viviane looked awesome :D such a softie too :)

Oh and I thought I was a tragic getting updates from my breeder re a fellow Hav exhibitor in melbourne royal specials but poocpw takes the cake with her DOL updates :(

I do want to know if I can go to hillsborough to train in the ring ??? Just in te arvo or something?? happy to take a table if anyone is interested in practising with us?? might give em a call

Bec

Deb :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Bec or anyone else that does Hillsborough show training - could you please tell me if it is on tonight or next Tuesday night? I would love it to be tonight as I don't have any kids who will need looking after this week!

Can someone please let me know? I would really appreciate it!

Thanks.

Deb :thumbsup:

Hi everyone,

Bec or anyone else that does Hillsborough show training - could you please tell me if it is on tonight or next Tuesday night? I would love it to be tonight as I don't have any kids who will need looking after this week!

Can someone please let me know? I would really appreciate it!

Thanks.

Deb :cheer:

Next tuesday.

ETA: Well done Poocow and Morgie!! :cooldance: Kepp it up she'll be Ch in no time!

Edited by Jessm

yup next week :laugh: will be there with kids deb ;)

Woohoo poocow!!! and of course the stunning miss morgie.....soon we shall have to call her madame morgie!!!

Am going to go out to hillsborough on friday with the superbrat to go round the ring and practice. I did yesterday and we are actually getting somewhere. I want him nice and familiar in the ring I actually did NOT reverse handle him and he walked like a dream :)

Jess are you still keen? I will ring tracey from training and Deb you want to bring the kids? (both fur and skin or either :( ) I guess they shall get used to having others in the ring too :mad we only did about 40 mins and kids had a great time and they couldnt annoy anyone as we were the only ones there.

I was thinking early mid arvo?

Bec

I'm still keen yeh. I'm meant to be going out to the movies with some friends, but I don't know times or anything yet, so if they don't clash I will def be there. I took Leos tape out of his ears and tried it with some 50c pieces this time so don't laugh at him he is a bit miserable :( we had to use electrical tape to keep them on. As long as I keep feeding him treats he is happy though!..I think they are pretty right but the cartilage is meant to start setting around 5 1/2- 6 months and I just wanna be safe. He is such a little trooper.

The little terd has been eating seeds of the tree out the back, I was just on poop duty today and they are all but seeds :laugh: ! I keep trying to pick them up before he gets to them, but when he goes out for late night wees it must just be a cover up to go eat some more.

sorry to jump into this thread but wanted to ask poocow - fields aren't a tabled breed are they?

Well done to all of you for getting out there and giving it a go!! I am still a nervous wreck showing my own dog after 6 years of it... you all seem to be doing rather well!! :(