Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

Merry Christmas, Newbies!!!!

Bugger - my Christmas emoticons won't open!!!

:D :clap::doh::thumbsup::cheer: :p :eat::cheer::xmastree::xmaswave::clap:

I look forward to seeing everyone next year - and meeting many new friends!

Deb

there deb fixed it for you....lol Dotty, thought I was the only crazy enough to get a present "from" my puppies :eek:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You don't have to be a newbie to get show stuff for Christmas... I can't remember a Christmas or Birthday in which I have not got something show related! It all begins now newbies!!!

I think you need to tell my OH that now!

New show dog :mad :mad

Edited by poocow

I still dont have a grooming table and our first show is Saturday... I have no idea what to do :mad

Improvise or find a friend real quick! Keep you eye on the DOL Classifies as there are often older grooming tables listed there for cheap prices. Might be something to start with before you can get a show trolley for shows and a nice new grooming table for home. We all had to start somewhere!!!

I'm jealous of everyone who got show stuff. I still dont have a grooming table and our first show is Saturday... I have no idea what to do :mad

Grooming table on ebay

Theres a 2 berth show trolley on the DOL classifieds too.

Oh I forgot I kinda did get something dog related for xmas. Technically my xmas present was my 4-berth trailer from the OH.

I still dont have a grooming table and our first show is Saturday... I have no idea what to do :mad

Improvise or find a friend real quick! Keep you eye on the DOL Classifies as there are often older grooming tables listed there for cheap prices. Might be something to start with before you can get a show trolley for shows and a nice new grooming table for home. We all had to start somewhere!!!

I was going to try to find a card table or something. Don't really know anyone whose table I can use.

Steph, I was thinking of buying one of these: ebay grooming table I'm just being a tight arse and stressing over money.... also I doubt it will get to me in time for saturday now.

I did buy a 'show trolley' but have realised I made a mistake and the claim that it is perfect for dog showing was probably a stretch: Stupid show trolley I was going to add a top to it as a grooming table, but it doesn't fold up... grrr!

Oh damn - they really should advertise that it doesn't fold up!

Yeah use a card table for the time being if you don't have anything else. Just cover it with a towel or anti-slip stuff. You might even see things at a show or wait for them to pop up on dol classifieds. Better yet, post a wanted ad, thats how I found my trailer :mad

Oh damn - they really should advertise that it doesn't fold up!

Yeah I was pretty pissed... what a waste of money.

Yeah use a card table for the time being if you don't have anything else. Just cover it with a towel or anti-slip stuff. You might even see things at a show or wait for them to pop up on dol classifieds. Better yet, post a wanted ad, thats how I found my trailer :mad

I've already got some non-slip stuff, now just need the table.

I will be keeping an eye on things.

Well that's the other thing... after Christmas there just isn't much money left... how frustrating!

I still have to pay for the show because I stuffed up with my cheque.. and have to buy an arm band too... eep!

Yeah I know, it sucks eh :mad

Arm bands are cheap, but if you can't get one just remember to take a safety pin.

I didnt have a grooming table or arm band for our first show.. I used a towel on the ground and a safety pin for my number..

For my birthday however, Im trying to find a cheap show trolley!

Avoid the ones on ebay as they are pretty dodgy.

I have an OKS one and its fab :mad

I will second the OKS I have one as does Deb. Given your pups colour you need to be picky as apparently the silver can rub off on the white coated dogs. Martin at OKS made mine with bars that wont do that (YAY!)

I put up a post about grooming tables (as I did with trolleys) and ended going with one from Liberty international in the terrier size so I have room for my brushes and products. Even though I have a toy as you do I wouldnt go smaller. I also got a grooming arm. The only thing I wish I hadnt done is go the taller length. It was great as he wouldnt jump (he likes to jump) and its great to stand at but now I am looking for a tall comfy backed stool to use it at I wish it had shorter legs. I used a small table at the first few shows. If you have to make a choice I would go grooming table first and take it to shows with you. Its also the cheaper option. It was the BEST investment for a coated toy who requires the grooming time our breeds do. Its as solid as a rock which has given toby loads of confidence (traning on an unstable table can put them off when they are a tabled breed) and us can use it to practice tabling on!

its expensive starting out and adding in all the grooming stuff but I have been builing up slowly and we're getting there

Bec

I didnt have a grooming table or arm band for our first show.. I used a towel on the ground and a safety pin for my number..

For my birthday however, Im trying to find a cheap show trolley!

Good luck LOL I picked one up for $10 at a garage sal once its an old c-crate one, was abit rusty but i scrubbed it up and put a new lid and floor just gotta paint it and put some of the none slip stuff on the wood bits and she will be ready to go. I have been looking for a second as I think I'm going to need it soon!