Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

I'm jealous of everyone who got show stuff. I still dont have a grooming table and our first show is Saturday... I have no idea what to do :thumbsup:

Grooming table on ebay

Theres a 2 berth show trolley on the DOL classifieds too.

Oh I forgot I kinda did get something dog related for xmas. Technically my xmas present was my 4-berth trailer from the OH.

Steph - How can you forget a 4 BERTH TRAILER???? ;) :thumbsup: I think that counts as a dog-related Xmas present. I turned one down :thumbsup: - my darling husband suggested that we could possibly get one, but I have spent, way, way, way too much money on animals ("spent" sounds like I've stopped, which isn't true :thumbsup:) so I said no. Our car is going to be pretty crowded soon though with a Maremma pup, one or two Aussies plus poor little Chester squeezed in somewhere - and before you offer, Bec, I'm sure you would be happy to take Chester for me, but I'm not sure he'd travel in the right direction on the way home.... :love::rofl:

Edited by The Ark

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I've ordered and paid for my grooming table... now all I have to do is avoid looking at my bank account and try not to spend more money *sigh*

Hmm I need to stop reading all the posts about dog trailers... it's sounding tempting... LOL!

Are the dogs happy/comfortable in the trailers?

Deb - not sure what you're implying :laugh: ................... :laugh: at least you'd know where to find him!!

LOTG - ohh how exciting!! what did you go for in the end??

Oh and if anyone was after a nail grinder I just ordered the superbrat a Pet Dremel (dremel brand) for $24 on clearance :)

Deb - not sure what you're implying :laugh: ................... :laugh: at least you'd know where to find him!!

LOTG - ohh how exciting!! what did you go for in the end??

Oh and if anyone was after a nail grinder I just ordered the superbrat a Pet Dremel (dremel brand) for $24 on clearance :)

I ended up getting this one from eBay.

Oooh nail grinder... I want one of those.. I loathe clipping nails. Where did you get it from?!

me too :laugh: mytoolstore.com.au dremel brand was about $80 when we were looking before and they are $24 at the moment $5 for postage :laugh: I think it may have been ellz on here who posted that for dogs with coated feet you can pop their nails through some stockings to keep just their nails exposed :)

Steph, I was thinking of buying one of these: ebay grooming table I'm just being a tight arse and stressing over money.... also I doubt it will get to me in time for saturday now.

I did buy a 'show trolley' but have realised I made a mistake and the claim that it is perfect for dog showing was probably a stretch: Stupid show trolley I was going to add a top to it as a grooming table, but it doesn't fold up... grrr!

I made my grooming table and didn't cost much or take much work.

Go to Bunnings - they sell fold up trestle legs for about $20 - $30 depending on style. Then go to timber section and buy a precut sheet of ply they come in 900 x 600mm I think and different thickness timber, I think mine is 6mm. Next go to the area where they have rolls of matting and lino etc and get a piece of pyramid or other non slip matting. Then go to the adhesives section and find a glue to stick the matting to the ply.

Take stuff home and assemble :welcome: The trestle legs I got came with screws, only 4 per leg so a total of 8 to put in. It was really easy, the only thing I would say iscarefully select your ply - mine is a bit warped. Finding everythin in Bunnings probably took longer than assembling.

Bad luck about the show trolley :laugh:

Well I've ordered and paid for my grooming table... now all I have to do is avoid looking at my bank account and try not to spend more money *sigh*

Hmm I need to stop reading all the posts about dog trailers... it's sounding tempting... LOL!

I should have read on before answering :laugh:

Oh well info is ther for any other newbie short on money and needing a grooming table :welcome: I should add they last well as well. Mine has been going for about 3 years but a friend and I made hers the same way about 6 or 7 years ago.

I should have read on before answering :laugh:

Oh well info is ther for any other newbie short on money and needing a grooming table :welcome: I should add they last well as well. Mine has been going for about 3 years but a friend and I made hers the same way about 6 or 7 years ago.

You're too clever :wave: I don't think I'd have the motivation or abilities to be honest... heheh but it's an excellent idea.

You're too clever :laugh: I don't think I'd have the motivation or abilities to be honest... heheh but it's an excellent idea.

Seriously I am neither clever or motivated, lol. It was REALLY easy - including the time finding htings in Bunnings it took around an hour. When you are on a tight budget you get good at being inventive :)

I kind of lurk in here - Jazz is over 2 now but I only showed her maybe 3 times in the last year and before that maybe 10 times. I hope to get her out more next year. Mind you I also want to continue her herding and obedience and start agility so time will become a factor.

Hi Piper! Bunnings stuff is great! I went there to buy stuff to make a whelping box, when the closest one we could find was Adelaide (close for you, I guess), and ended up with a kids' sandpit kit. It had all the timber pre-cut, brackets, screws - everything I needed. 1/2 hour to assemble it, then painting (took the longest) and it worked a treat!

Jazz looks lovely - very switched on! Where is she up to with herding?

Deb :)

Edited by The Ark

Hi Piper! Bunnings stuff is great! I went there to buy stuff to make a whelping box, when the closest one we could find was Adelaide (close for you, I guess), and ended up with a kids' sandpit kit. It had all the timber pre-cut, brackets, screws - everything I needed. 1/2 hour to assemble it, then painting (took the longest) and it worked a treat!

Jazz looks lovely - very switched on! Where is she up to with herding?

Deb :laugh:

A friend of mine has the Bunnings sandpit for her son and when I first saw it I said it would make a great whelping box and she said that was her thought as well. LOL.

Jazz has her started title on sheep for A course (we only run A course in SA, no access to a large enough area for B course as yet) and has 1 pass on ducks. She is a stunning worker - all of her passes on sheep have been High in Trials, her first run she scored 99 from a possible 100. Her duck run is her worst ever pass with 87 and that was Runner up High in Trial to my experienced girl Piper by half a point.

She is not overly switched on when showing - I need to work on making it more fun with her, entering some shows so we can do that would be a good start :) She just goes through the motions when she is out there.

She will never be a super show dog but she will be a lovely foundation bitch, her health test results are all excellent, she has a fabulous temperament, work style and ethic and is sound and well put together. She lacks the finishing off things - all the major stuff is there :)

Edited by piper