Blood In My 8 Week Old Cavalier King Charles Poo

cavalierlover

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sally is very cute!! hope you get to the bottom of the problem with her, keep a close eye on her and definatley take her to the vets if you are really worried.

Hi cavalierlover, and welcome to the forum. After puppies are wormed, they may pass some darkish bloody looking discharge in their stools. There are numerous rasons for this. One is that the "blood" is dissolved worms, the other is that the wormer may have irritated the bowel lining a little. It depends on the type of wormer used, and the stage of the life cycle of the worm when the worm treatment is given

Neither of the above is a problem. If the pup now is passing normal stools, eating and playing normally, and otherwise seems healty, there is nothing to worry about.

You could also ask the breeder about problems like this. Most breeders will be only too happy to help you with your enquiry, and put your mind at rest.

Don't forget to worm Sally every 2 weeks.

Hope you will post us some photos so we can enjoy them!! :hitself:

post-438-1248436536_thumb.jpg

Do you have one or more dogs? You've said "my dog" and "our dogs"

we have two dogs a 2 yearold and a puppy.

So you have two dogs from the same breeder. Ok, just getting things straight in my mind. :hitself:

We neeeeed pics here. Do you have a photobucket account? You can use that to post pics. I want puppy cuteness!

just setting up a photo bucket account as we speak so i can share photo's of Wilson ( 2yr old) and Sally 10 week old.

If you post a picture of your pup we will be able to tell you what you have.

Has your pups poo been solid? Runny?

pups poo has been solid

If the poo is very solid sometimes they can strain so hard they burst a blood vessel which can result in some blood in their poo.

Is your other dog a cav or a cocker?

both dogs are cavalier's

Welcome to DOL, cavalierlover! :laugh:

Both your dog Wilson and your new puppy girl Sally look very sweet, congratulations on the new addition :crazy:

Most of the people on DOL are crazy about dogs, and forget that sometimes some people get names confused - your dogs are definitely Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, and that's not a type of Cocker Spaniel. So as long as you leave the word "Cocker" out, you won't confuse us DOLers :rofl:

Good for you for finding a reputable breeder from here on DOL too, really is the best way to get a healthy, happy dog! :hitself:

Small amounts of blood in the stool may just be nothing but the result of worming, but if you are really concerned, best to get Sally off to the vet just for piece of mind. Good luck, hope she is fine, I'm sure she will be :rofl: x

Cute puppy you have there.

It is not relevant what breed, where it came from, what age & the many other questions here.

If you have a concern about your puppies health the vet is the person to go to.

Whenever you get any new pet, stray, rescue, from a breeder or anywhere it is wise to go to your vet for a check up within a few days, whether there is a problem or not, & voice any concerns you may have if you have noticed anything amiss.

For the price of a consult, which is not drastic, your pet will have heart, lungs, limbs, ears, mouth, eyes etc all checked over too.

I hope your puppy is ok & the blood is a one off incident.

Welcome to DOL

I assume you are still here ? Its common to get 164 questions! entry exam, its because people do care, just some have an unusual way of showing it!!

Poop probs all solved

Breed Probs all solved

Photos solved ( great by the way)

Washing hung up, kids in bed and all fed!

Gee whizz what an exhausting thread!

Enjoy your pup and time at DOL, hope the vet check is all good. I am sure it will be.

Probably straining and this can happen when from one environment to another ( the change etc enviro and diet can affect their tums and the consequences !!)

Nice dogs and sounds like they will be well loved by all in the household.

J

I'm with you Wazzat Xolo, I'm exhausted just reading it, back to bed for me.

Well put Jed.

Hope all the love that the DOL'ers showered over you wasn't too much. They do mean good. Stick with it, you'll find some very interesting info on here.

Enjoy that pup, like our kids they grow all too quickly. lol

Cute dogs! dont worry, i know lots and lots of people that call their cavs king charles cockers. Who cares :love:

:love: Agree. The only prob I thought of was the breeder calling them that.As I have heard people say or spell their breed a fair amount of times incorrectly, and I just assumed if you 'had' a breed,people may have at least learned a little about it..

Like German Shepard

English Staffordshire bull terrier

Rottweeler

malinoise

etc

Enjoy your dogs they are gorgeous!

Edited by arawnhaus

What about the adds in the paper for a

Rockweiler!!

I cringe when I hear it ?

lol

J

Cute dogs! dont worry, i know lots and lots of people that call their cavs king charles cockers. Who cares :love:

:love: Agree. The only prob I thought of was the breeder calling them that.As I have heard people say or spell their breed a fair amount of times incorrectly, and I just assumed if you 'had' a breed,people may have at least learned a little about it..

Like German Shepard

English Staffordshire bull terrier

Rottweeler

malinoise

etc

Enjoy your dogs they are gorgeous!

We picked up our 8 week old cavalier king charles cocker spaniel puppy two weeks ago on sunday, and noticed that when she had a bowel movement there was a small amount of blood in her poo. we bought her from a reputable breeder, and when contacted, said that it was normal for a pup to have some blood in their poop, for a few days after worming. Is this normal and correct. we have a two year old male and when we bought him home he didn't have this problem. Any thoughts would be great.

Have you been to the vet yet.?????