Shower Hose Attachment

Does anyone know where you can get those Shower hose attachments for dog washing, so you can connect the shower head to the bath or sink tap?

I have been looking around for them in Brisbane but no one seems to stock them anymore.

If anyone knows where you can get them, either online or in Brisbane, please let me know!

Thanks,

Conway

Does anyone know where you can get those Shower hose attachments for dog washing, so you can connect the shower head to the bath or sink tap?

I have been looking around for them in Brisbane but no one seems to stock them anymore.

If anyone knows where you can get them, either online or in Brisbane, please let me know!

Thanks,

Conway

Head for a plumbing supplies place. I'd recommend you buy a two outlet tap that takes a screw on shower hose on the second outlet. Then you can buy a good shower hose. It's easy to replace your bath or sink tap and a lot more effective than the rubber hoses you fit over the tap outlet.

If you want the rubber type, head for a hardware store. I've seen them at Bunnings.

I found the best way to do it was to get one of the laundry mixers that you can screw onto the wall in place of the "spout" over the bath. Mine has both the long shower and a spout combined. You just flick the switch to use one or the other. I found it in the shower ware section of Mitre 10. There were many similar things there, including the rubber ones that fit over the ends of the taps. These are ok if you use hose clamps to hold them together, otherwise you can't get enough water pressure for proper rinsing.

I found the best way to do it was to get one of the laundry mixers that you can screw onto the wall in place of the "spout" over the bath. Mine has both the long shower and a spout combined. You just flick the switch to use one or the other. I found it in the shower ware section of Mitre 10. There were many similar things there, including the rubber ones that fit over the ends of the taps. These are ok if you use hose clamps to hold them together, otherwise you can't get enough water pressure for proper rinsing.

Sounds like the same thing I've got Ellz - you explained it better.

:) Can tell the difference between the longhaired breed responses and the shorthaired breed responses!!

But yes, it is largely breed (and preference) dependent!

I found that the rubber hose attachments just weren't suitable for proper saturation and rinsing of the long coated dogs. However, I do use the rubber hose attachment over the laundry trough to bath the puglet. But then, I could use a bucket for her as well. SOOOOOOOO much easier to bath than the Cockers!

For a long coat, you need much stronger pressure and this is best obtained by having a very good sprayer plumbed into the wall.

I've spent many years on my knees hanging over bathtubs cursing duct tape and hose clamps whilst trying to rinse American Cockers, Lhasas and other long coated dogs and have now learned some very useful labour-saving tricks! :)

:) Can tell the difference between the longhaired breed responses and the shorthaired breed responses!!

For a long coat, you need much stronger pressure and this is best obtained by having a very good sprayer plumbed into the wall.

I've spent many years on my knees hanging over bathtubs cursing duct tape and hose clamps whilst trying to rinse American Cockers, Lhasas and other long coated dogs and have now learned some very useful labour-saving tricks! :)

I got the dual tap for the Whippet :) - he's the only dog I bath in the bath. The poods got the specially plumbed spray flick mixer in the laundry. :)

This is what we use.

post-4939-1248681497_thumb.jpg

The fitting came from bunnings and is installed on the shower head. The little black lever is switched to either 'shower' or 'hose'.

We have a length of garden hose with click fittings either end and a trigger nozzle. Because the hose is connected up high it doesn't get tangled around the dog's feet in the tub.

Bunnings sell them too.

But I actually like Dwynwen's set up. I have a 'designer' tap in my bathroom and find I have to hold the shower hose thingy on with one had whilst I'm trying to rinse my dog off with the other. Bad enough even when the dog is compliantly standing still, and that doesn't seem to happen.

I guess you have to have a bit of know how to fit that diverter fitting to the shower fitting though.

Bunnings sell them too.

But I actually like Dwynwen's set up. I have a 'designer' tap in my bathroom and find I have to hold the shower hose thingy on with one had whilst I'm trying to rinse my dog off with the other. Bad enough even when the dog is compliantly standing still, and that doesn't seem to happen.

I guess you have to have a bit of know how to fit that diverter fitting to the shower fitting though.

That's the beauty of the one I had. You simply unscrew the actual spigot from the wall and screw the new mixer/shower unit on in its place.

I use the pet jet, it attaches like a normal outdoor hose you can use it inside. I use mine in the bath, it is fantastic and it has a shampoo thingy to hold the shampoo if you dont want to put the shampoo straigh on the dogs coat. It is also pressurized so the water is so much faster than it would be strait out of the tap. I paid $89 for mine but you can get them at kmart for $50 (approx)

http://www.amazon.com/Pet-Jet-Washer/dp/B000UFI2WS

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...fm?pcatid=12076

edited to add, perhaps I read your original post wrong and it is only the tap fitting you are looking for??

Edited by tlc

I got this one from Bunnings for around $36, it works brilliantly on my Japanese Spitz and gets through his coat and right down to the skin. It has a little flick thing on top so you can adjust the water pressure or turn it right off, and you can choose either a circular spray or a single stream. It screws straight onto the thread on the bath faucet, I give it two thumbs up :confused:

IMG_5430.jpg

IMG_5420.jpg

IMG_5423.jpg

I got this one from Bunnings for around $36, it works brilliantly on my Japanese Spitz and gets through his coat and right down to the skin. It has a little flick thing on top so you can adjust the water pressure or turn it right off, and you can choose either a circular spray or a single stream. It screws straight onto the thread on the bath faucet, I give it two thumbs up :laugh:

Yep, very similar to what I had, except that mine had the hose and a spigot combined and you just flicked the switch between hose or stream. It was also stainless steel and had a hook so you could hang it on the wall. Kind of like the ones used in some hospital showers.

The hook on the wall was handy too, when my skinkids were little, they could stand under the shower head it in the bath and have a shower without me getting saturated as well! :laugh:

Bunnings sell them too.

That's the beauty of the one I had. You simply unscrew the actual spigot from the wall and screw the new mixer/shower unit on in its place.

Ditto. Then screw a shower hose onto the second outlet. I did mine myself. All I needed was plumbers tape to make the attachment watertight, :laugh: